Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:30 AM

18,563 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In Iowa tonight, our former Vice president Joseph Biden is expected to nail Don the Con. Some quotes from the speech have been released. Biden pegs the scammer in chief to a tee.

Biden will call Trump an existential threat to this country.

Go for it Joe!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-iowa-remarks
That's insane hyperbole.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 06-11-2019 at 07:44 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Could be interesting. Biden has been slipping in the polls so he needs to get in some good shots.
And against a standard milquetoast opponent, such a thing might work, but not against the guy who is fueled by people taking shots a him. Negative commentary is like food, water and oxygen to Trump. It feeds him and makes him powerful. Sure, it will make everyone inside the TDS echo chamber say "woot, we GOT HIM!!!" And that will last until a day or two later max, when Trump will drop a beating on Biden with vicious counterpunching.

Remember when Ted Cruz won Colorado in the 2016 primaries. Remember when he, the TDS Republicans and the whole media were crowing about the "big victory" for Cruz that was going to turn the race upside down? And remember how less than 24 hours later, Trump had turned that into a Cruz loss, a victory for him, and actually is the moment he buried Cruz? All with counterpunching.

You guys keep thinking that a vulgar bombast like Trump is like other politicians who get negative press and then whimper about the high road when asked for comment. What about the last 3 years makes that belief possible I will never know, but if Biden goes solo and has a "let's bash Trump" event, it is going to end badly for Biden and the DNC.

I don't have a dog in this race, so allow me to be impartial and indirectly warn Biden off his erroneous course of action. Trump will not get beat with anti-Trump as a platform. The only way he gets beat is a platform of doing things for people and making him try to counter ideas that poll well.

Like tonight, Biden will say "China must be dealt with, but Trump is making it worse." Nowhere in that entire line of attack will Biden give you even a glimpse of anything he proposes to "do about China." Trump will be seen as doing something, ad Biden will be dropping empty critique with no plan of his own. Given the choice between nothing (Biden) and something (Trump), people generally choose something, even if it doesn't poll well. That's a major reason why incumbents don't lose that often. They are in the office doing things, and the challenger is simply criticizing and most often offering nothing of their own other than that criticism.

And tonight Biden will take that "offer nothing and just criticize" plan and romp the accelerator pedal on it. Nothing could be more foolish, particularly because of who he is attacking that way. It's just so misguided, but there's a reason Biden has never gotten the big boy chair.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Literally the dumbest thing he can possibly do. It may very well secure him the nomination that is already his, but all it does is give the nation's greatest counterpuncher an opening for counterpunching.

And his "record" on things like China is watching Obama do nothing. That's all, total, ever. I hope he actually goes as planned and just criticizes Trump. It will be a hoot to watch how badly it goes for Biden in the days to follow.
Trump will thrash Joe for bringing up China and the farmers. Like you said Obama and other POTUS did nothing about China but flap their gums. Plus it is widely known and covered about the trip creepy Joe made to China and his son inks a huge lucrative deal. As for the farmers it is my understanding that Trump doled out 18 billion? to ride out the trade war. I doubt farmers are losing any sleep as Joe claims, why would they? it looks like a deal is going to be made.

Joe can say what he wants about Trump but at least unlike other POTUS he is really trying to do something about trade deals and illegal immigration. I wonder if Biden will say what he will do?

Old 06-11-2019, 07:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In Iowa tonight, our former Vice president Joseph Biden is expected to nail Don the Con. Some quotes from the speech have been released. Biden pegs the scammer in chief to a tee.

Biden will call Trump an existential threat to this country.

I'm guessing you won't be back to this topic when it doesn't happen.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:57 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Trump will thrash Joe for bringing up China and the farmers. Like you said Obama and other POTUS did nothing about China but flap their gums. Plus it is widely known and covered about the trip creepy Joe made to China and his son inks a huge lucrative deal. As for the farmers it is my understanding that Trump doled out 18 billion? to ride out the trade war. I doubt farmers are losing any sleep as Joe claims, why would they? it looks like a deal is going to be made.

Joe can say what he wants about Trump but at least unlike other POTUS he is really trying to do something about trade deals and illegal immigration. I wonder if Biden will say what he will do?
Yah, I'm not quite clear why Biden want to bring up China so soon... a month ago he was mocking the idea China posed a threat to us.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 AM

2,122 posts, read 3,685,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And against a standard milquetoast opponent, such a thing might work, but not against the guy who is fueled by people taking shots a him. Negative commentary is like food, water and oxygen to Trump. It feeds him and makes him powerful. Sure, it will make everyone inside the TDS echo chamber say "woot, we GOT HIM!!!" And that will last until a day or two later max, when Trump will drop a beating on Biden with vicious counterpunching.

Remember when Ted Cruz won Colorado in the 2016 primaries. Remember when he, the TDS Republicans and the whole media were crowing about the "big victory" for Cruz that was going to turn the race upside down? And remember how less than 24 hours later, Trump had turned that into a Cruz loss, a victory for him, and actually is the moment he buried Cruz? All with counterpunching.

You guys keep thinking that a vulgar bombast like Trump is like other politicians who get negative press and then whimper about the high road when asked for comment. What about the last 3 years makes that belief possible I will never know, but if Biden goes solo and has a "let's bash Trump" event, it is going to end badly for Biden and the DNC.

I don't have a dog in this race, so allow me to be impartial and indirectly warn Biden off his erroneous course of action. Trump will not get beat with anti-Trump as a platform. The only way he gets beat is a platform of doing things for people and making him try to counter ideas that poll well.

Like tonight, Biden will say "China must be dealt with, but Trump is making it worse." Nowhere in that entire line of attack will Biden give you even a glimpse of anything he proposes to "do about China." Trump will be seen as doing something, ad Biden will be dropping empty critique with no plan of his own. Given the choice between nothing (Biden) and something (Trump), people generally choose something, even if it doesn't poll well. That's a major reason why incumbents don't lose that often. They are in the office doing things, and the challenger is simply criticizing and most often offering nothing of their own other than that criticism.

And tonight Biden will take that "offer nothing and just criticize" plan and romp the accelerator pedal on it. Nothing could be more foolish, particularly because of who he is attacking that way. It's just so misguided, but there's a reason Biden has never gotten the big boy chair.
I can't believe Mitt Romn....err Joe Biden would do this. Amazing how the Dems learned absolutely nothing in 2016.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:00 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post

Joe Blow has absolutely no room to talk about any policy since he sat by and let Obama destroy the US..what moral highground could he possibly have?

Old 06-11-2019, 08:03 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Any chance the might tell voters what HIS plans are for running the country? And not just stump speech, pie in the sky platitudes.

Or is it all going to Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump.........................................

Old 06-11-2019, 08:05 AM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
He isn't. Even Bill Maher (a diehard Trump hater) has all but admitted that Trump is unbeatable in 2020 and considers the flock of dems running against Trump to be a joke.

If Biden is the best chance they got to dethrone Trump, they might as well just concede now.
Yeah, weird. Yesterday he said Hillary was a horrible candidate and that she obstructed justice by smashing iPhones with a hammer. He does hold conservative positions on things, but it is rare for him to call out a democrat.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:07 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Twice failed Joe Biden is a disaster in the making for the Democrats. Here's yet another example.

Joe Biden 1974: ‘Politicians Can Take Away’ First Amendment ‘If We Want’

Biden was destroyed by Mike Dukakis. Do Democrats really think he's any better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies