Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
In Iowa tonight, our former Vice president Joseph Biden is expected to nail Don the Con. Some quotes from the speech have been released. Biden pegs the scammer in chief to a tee.

Biden will call Trump an existential threat to this country.

Go for it Joe!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...n-iowa-remarks
Joe has to do more than run on hating Trump !!!

China is cheering for you Joe !!!
Does your family need another loan ? China is backing you Joe whatever you need !!!

Old 06-11-2019, 12:01 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,020 times
Quote:
In Iowa tonight, our former Vice president Joseph Biden is expected to nail Don the Con. Some quotes from the speech have been released. Biden pegs the scammer in chief to a tee.

Go for it Joe!

Like how Joe said that Republicans were going to put blacks in chains. Unhinged hyperbole is what we can expect from 'Ol Joe (and his tribe).

Old 06-11-2019, 12:14 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
And against a standard milquetoast opponent, such a thing might work, but not against the guy who is fueled by people taking shots a him. Negative commentary is like food, water and oxygen to Trump. It feeds him and makes him powerful. Sure, it will make everyone inside the TDS echo chamber say "woot, we GOT HIM!!!" And that will last until a day or two later max, when Trump will drop a beating on Biden with vicious counterpunching.

Remember when Ted Cruz won Colorado in the 2016 primaries. Remember when he, the TDS Republicans and the whole media were crowing about the "big victory" for Cruz that was going to turn the race upside down? And remember how less than 24 hours later, Trump had turned that into a Cruz loss, a victory for him, and actually is the moment he buried Cruz? All with counterpunching.

You guys keep thinking that a vulgar bombast like Trump is like other politicians who get negative press and then whimper about the high road when asked for comment. What about the last 3 years makes that belief possible I will never know, but if Biden goes solo and has a "let's bash Trump" event, it is going to end badly for Biden and the DNC.

I don't have a dog in this race, so allow me to be impartial and indirectly warn Biden off his erroneous course of action. Trump will not get beat with anti-Trump as a platform. The only way he gets beat is a platform of doing things for people and making him try to counter ideas that poll well.

Like tonight, Biden will say "China must be dealt with, but Trump is making it worse." Nowhere in that entire line of attack will Biden give you even a glimpse of anything he proposes to "do about China." Trump will be seen as doing something, ad Biden will be dropping empty critique with no plan of his own. Given the choice between nothing (Biden) and something (Trump), people generally choose something, even if it doesn't poll well. That's a major reason why incumbents don't lose that often. They are in the office doing things, and the challenger is simply criticizing and most often offering nothing of their own other than that criticism.

And tonight Biden will take that "offer nothing and just criticize" plan and romp the accelerator pedal on it. Nothing could be more foolish, particularly because of who he is attacking that way. It's just so misguided, but there's a reason Biden has never gotten the big boy chair.
how right you are. and how little time it took for the accuracy of this post to be demonstrated.

Trump says 'Joe Biden is a dummy!' and unleashes fury at Democratic front-runner he says is 'the weakest mentally' in the field as he leaves Washington for Iowa showdown

Quote:
'I like running against people that are weak mentally,' he told reporters at a Marine One departure. 'I think Joe is the weakest up here.'

Old 06-11-2019, 12:43 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:

Go for it Joe!

Comming from Biden it's a compliment.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Sleepy is being heckled ‘in Iowa!’ LOL
Eviscerating? Boring as hell except for the heckling

Old 06-11-2019, 04:25 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This, exactly.

If Biden, or any of the other candidates for that matter, want to unsettle Trump, best thing they can do is ignore him completely.
Don't say his name, don't allude to his policies, nothing.

Anything else will just give him and his base more fuel for their dumpster fire.
100% this!

If Biden is the nominee, he will get my vote...but, I really wish he wasn’t running. I don’t like how he’s running simply on being not-Trump. While that is certainly a plus, I’m hoping to get someone in office who will bring us new ideas and update some of our old laws. That ain’t Biden.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:37 PM

30,162 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:

So Biden is basically going to be Trump in reverse and sling mud at Trump?

I am not a Trump voter but it seems like bad strategy.

Old 06-11-2019, 04:41 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
So Biden is basically going to be Trump in reverse and sling mud at Trump?

I am not a Trump voter but it seems like bad strategy.

Biden's problem is during his political career before he became Veep his policies were the same as Trump today.
He will not be swinging mud at Trump, he will be telling the truth about him. Biden's presidency will be nothing like Trump's. Presidential dignity will return back to the office if Biden is elected.

Old 06-11-2019, 05:03 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
To put it the way Harry Truman would:

“I won’t raise Hell. I’ll tell the truth and the Republicans will think it’s Hell.”

Old 06-11-2019, 05:03 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
He sure showed Trump by flip flopping on China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies