U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2019, 06:42 PM
 
9,704 posts, read 4,640,615 times
Reputation: 5513

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Arctic melt goes into overdrive"
https://www.axios.com/arctic-melt-cl...87aa603fb.html

Greenland and the polar region are melting, and melting at a record pace. Unprecedented.

It's simple, folks. You can't burn 1,000 barrels of oil per second and not have it change the atmosphere and climate. The chickens are coming home to roost.
No proof it is "human caused".

 
Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM
509
 
3,035 posts, read 4,107,685 times
Reputation: 3599
Here is how to tell that man-caused climate change is real......

The politicians will have to do something quickly to reduce CO2 emissions......this is the quickest way to reduce CO2 emissions.

Reduce the speed limit to 55 MPH on rural highways. This reduces C02 emissions by 30%.

In urban areas, raise the gas tax by a couple of dollars per gallon. Then set the speed limit at 45 MPH for most travel. That will lower congestion and once again reduce C02 emissions by a significant amount.

Ban all jet travel for flights under 1,000 miles. Tax long-distance jet travel by doubling or tripling prices to significantly reduce the long distrance jet travel.

IF man is responsible for climate change. You will see politicians do this quickly. BTW..the 55 MPH speed limit is set by the Governors of each state. Governor Inslee, in Washingtons state, can sign issue an order lowering the speed limit in the state to 55 MPH overnight. Last year, under Inslee, the state of Washington CO2 emissions went UP six percent.

Inslee also gave Boeing 10 Billion dollars in tax breaks.

So....pay attention to the politicians. Once you see 55 MPH speed limits again...yep, it is a problem. Until then it seems the whole debate is about raising taxes and shifting tax dollars to Democrat contributors to politicians.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 06:50 PM
 
Location: Victoria, BC.
30,924 posts, read 31,837,353 times
Reputation: 12664
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
all your OP indicates is that the climate is changing, it does NOT indicate the cause, that is a leap of ignorance and brain washing.
Only the intentionally ignorant don't know why the climate is changing.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,753 posts, read 5,560,838 times
Reputation: 5409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Arctic melt goes into overdrive"
https://www.axios.com/arctic-melt-cl...87aa603fb.html

Greenland and the polar region are melting, and melting at a record pace. Unprecedented.

It's simple, folks. You can't burn 1,000 barrels of oil per second and not have it change the atmosphere and climate. The chickens are coming home to roost.
The ice is being melted deliberately by millions of liberals with hair dryers. The ice melt isnít caused by CO2. Thatís just a liberal socialist communist conspiracy to redistribute wealth.

Or something like that.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 07:16 PM
 
Location: california
5,678 posts, read 4,904,082 times
Reputation: 6699
Can you see CO2 ?
I do not know any body that can .
So how does it block the sun .
I understand that trees and plants live on CO2 and put out oxygen .
People buy CO2 for their green houses making food and flowers .
I must be missing something .
Most all living creatures on the planet consume oxygen just like we do , and expel carbon dioxide .and practically every thing farts methane .
Volcanos around the world are expelling more heat than man ever did including smoke and ash not to mention all those in the ocean.
No doubt man has tampered with the weather ,even to deliberately create problems .
There was a fellow that was tracking the HAARP activities but I don't know if he is still around , then there are the chem trails poisoning the ground and the air .
Ya man is doing stuff but these are easily preventable .
 
Old 06-16-2019, 07:51 PM
 
5,573 posts, read 2,050,895 times
Reputation: 7057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No proof it is "human caused".
It's been published in hundreds, if not thousands, of scientific journals with carefully supported facts and observations.

I have an open mind about science. If the climate change skeptics can produce high quality scientific research in respected journals that demonstrate that mankind is not causing climate change, I too will become a climate denier. Until that time, I am sticking with the 97%+ of scientists who support the thesis of man-caused climate change.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 PM
 
Location: Japan
10,824 posts, read 4,470,715 times
Reputation: 6975
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I know this is basic - but what is the primary means by which humans warm the planet? It is because of our mere existence and exhaling CO2? Is it through the things we create and the energy used? Or both?

If it's either one of those, it would seem as though an area packed with humans and human activity would be warmer than other areas... if humans caused warming.

If I am totally off, why don't you give me a brief overview of how humans warm the planet.

I am trying to understand how you and/or others believe humans warm the planet in real terms... not some nebulous numbers that are far from reality.
There's nothing wrong with asking questions, but I get the feeling that answering them would be a waste of time since you aren't sincerely interested in understanding. If you were, you would have already spent half an hour on google and educated yourself. The internet is full of sites that answer these basic questions about the global warming issue.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 09:37 PM
 
9,614 posts, read 2,365,260 times
Reputation: 4772
Global warming supporters-

One doesn't SUPPORT global warming. That would be like supporting smallpox, or famine.

One acknowledges the threat and deals with it in a rational, sensible manner. It's the adult approach.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 10:20 PM
 
32,546 posts, read 26,465,300 times
Reputation: 19182
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Here is how to tell that man-caused climate change is real......

The politicians will have to do something quickly to reduce CO2 emissions......this is the quickest way to reduce CO2 emissions.

Reduce the speed limit to 55 MPH on rural highways. This reduces C02 emissions by 30%.

In urban areas, raise the gas tax by a couple of dollars per gallon. Then set the speed limit at 45 MPH for most travel. That will lower congestion and once again reduce C02 emissions by a significant amount.

Ban all jet travel for flights under 1,000 miles. Tax long-distance jet travel by doubling or tripling prices to significantly reduce the long distrance jet travel.

IF man is responsible for climate change. You will see politicians do this quickly. BTW..the 55 MPH speed limit is set by the Governors of each state. Governor Inslee, in Washingtons state, can sign issue an order lowering the speed limit in the state to 55 MPH overnight. Last year, under Inslee, the state of Washington CO2 emissions went UP six percent.

Inslee also gave Boeing 10 Billion dollars in tax breaks.

So....pay attention to the politicians. Once you see 55 MPH speed limits again...yep, it is a problem. Until then it seems the whole debate is about raising taxes and shifting tax dollars to Democrat contributors to politicians.

what a bunch of tripe.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Only the intentionally ignorant don't know why the climate is changing.

a little knowledge is dangerous, and unfortunately the so called knowledge these climate "scientists" have is just a little knowledge, and they are dangerous. as i have said before, we are not getting the whole picture on climate change, and much of what we are getting is misleading at best, and i think you know that.
 
Old 06-16-2019, 10:27 PM
509
 
3,035 posts, read 4,107,685 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
what a bunch of tripe.
Well, thank you for your "illuminating" comment!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top