Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 AM

181 posts, read 81,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
For equal time here to compete with the other thread about left field.

Fire away.

1. Preserve individual freedoms
2. Preserve property rights
3. Keep taxes low
4. Preserve right to keep and bear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 08:09 AM

25,482 posts, read 18,618,666 times
I want leftist authoritarian collectivists to stop insisting on running my life for me and telling me what I can and cannot think and what opinion I can and cannot hold.

I want idle, indigent hands out of my pockets.

I want the federal government to be disenfranchised just as any monopoly should be. I want the federal government to be responsible for national defense and a couple of other responsibilities only--beyond that, all power needs to go to each individual state. Control of each state should go county by county. Each county has one vote on state matters. Each state has one vote on national matters. let's get back to being the united STATES, not the hostage-ized states.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:41 AM

1,280 posts, read 1,391,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
You basically summed it up then.. Conservatives are selfish and greedy. Liberals are more open to helping out fellow humans.. Thank you for posting this
I'm thinking you missed the threads about the recent tax cuts.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
For equal time here to compete with the other thread about left field.

Fire away.
To defend the rights of the individual. Specifically
1. Bring the troops home and stop being policemen of the world
2. Cut Federal government spending in order to give the power back to the states like the founders envisioned.
3. Audit the Federal Reserve for transparency so that we the people know where are money is going.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,442,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Define “stole.â€

I am old enough to remember that both Democrats and Republicans approved it.
They authorized it as a means to encourage Saddam to allow the UN weapons inspectors into Iraq and it worked. They searched and found nothing threatening and we went on a killing spree anyway. No one approved it and the vote was not a declaration of war.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM

12,268 posts, read 6,442,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
2. Cut Federal government spending in order to give the power back to the states like the founders envisioned.
3. Audit the Federal Reserve for transparency so that we the people know where are money is going.
Policemen of the world or instigators of the world? The current game is provoking Iran into firing a weapon in our direction.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 AM

19,651 posts, read 9,198,230 times
I am a moderate and NOT a Trump supporter, but the conservative side of me would like to see the following:

1. For tax money to not go to helping anyone but kids* and others who cannot help themselves. (In other words, stop giving the lazy encouragement to be lazy, but continue to help those who can't work due to physical or mental disabilities, lack of work in their communities, etc.) If individuals, neighborhood communities, charities, and/or religious organizations want to help the lazy, fine, but I don't want my tax dollars to help anyone undeserving of such help. (And, yes, I do think that some adults are not deserving of help, and I don't care if that opinion is politically incorrect or un-Christian!)

2. End Affirmative Action in all ways for anyone over the age of 18. If families haven't bettered their situations after more than 50 years of various programs to help them improve their circumstances, I think that probably nothing will help. And I believe that immigrant families who did not come to this country legally should not have any taxpayer help at all, except for educating them in English, and feeding and vaccinating their children. However, I do believe that it should be much faster and easier for people to become U.S. citizens -- and I do believe in amnesty for long-term residents who are here illegally.

3. A return to majority rule as long as no one is actually harmed by this. This means that I don't care if someone's feelings get hurt in cases where something doesn't go his or her way because the majority ruled. (I am talking about the "spoiled brat" syndrome as it applies to everyone, regardless of their political persuasion or socioeconomic situation. I don't believe in coddling the 1-5% at the expense or discomfort of the 95-99% in most cases. However, that being said, I strongly dislike any kind of bullying or being mean or hateful to anyone) And, yes, I might and do grumble about a legal decision or election result, but I will accept it if it is what the majority of citizens want.

Btw, I also have many positions on issues that would offend conservatives, too, but in most ways, I definitely take the middle road. I am just as outraged by mega-wealth privilege as I am by poor privilege. To give just two examples of this --

1, I believe that there should be a total revision of our justice system, so that the punishment fits the crime and is administered without regard to anything other than the crime committed. (No more leniency just because someone is wealthy or because someone is poor.)

2. I believe in an equal education for every child, rich or poor or in between. A poor child should not receive a lesser education just because s/he is poor and a wealthy child should not receive a better education just because s/he is wealthy -- and I think college admission should be based on SAT tests (or the equivalent) only and be publicly funded. However, I also think that no one should be entitled to a college education if haven't demonstrated that they have the aptitude for higher learning, either through SAT scores, intelligence tests, and/or their high school G.P.A.; and the number of admissions should not be increased! There are too many college graduates not finding work that match their education already.

*I firmly believe that no child should suffer because of the choices of their parents!

Last edited by katharsis; 06-12-2019 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 09:32 AM

19,651 posts, read 9,198,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I agree with this -- sorry I can't give you any more rep (for now).

Old 06-12-2019, 09:40 AM

6,726 posts, read 3,337,012 times
Let's start with the media not ragging on everything Trump does.

How about Nadler putting to rest his nattering nabobs of negativism and accept the conclusions of the Mueller report and four other investigations.

I would love for the House to write some legislation that would address some of the serious issues they ignore, mostly the crisis of illegal immigration.

Put a cork in Nancy Pelosi.

And not to seem like their isn't any fault on the other side, I would really like to see Donald Trump tone it down, but I've said that before. I believe he's always on the defensive because of the treatment he gets. Some of it he brings on himself, but much of it he doesn't.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:16 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,050,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yup.

Zogby international Survey

That's "Arab Americans".

Not immigrants..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies