U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 01:53 PM

5,659 posts, read 3,643,856 times

Advertisements

1. Elimination of illegal "immigration" by whatever means are necessary, including (but not limited to) a wall on the southern border.

2. I don't expect the Left to adopt our social and moral and cultural views, or even necessarily to attempt to understand them; but I should would appreciate it if they'd stop calling us racist and sexist and homophobic for holding these views. In general, I'd like to see more tolerance of us for holding views with which they disagree, and more civility in expressing their opinion of us.

3. Allowing us to have freedom of association, which includes the freedom to NOT associate with those whom we'd rather not. In other words, those of us who aren't as big into the various forms of diversity shouldn't have this choice denigrated, or have it forced upon us.

4. Significant reductions, if not outright elimination, of immigration from Middle Eastern Muslim nations. Most of them add nothing to our country, and some of them actively threaten our safety. And I don't want them here. There, I said it.

There's more, I'm sure, but that's what pops into my head on the spur of the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 PM

18,804 posts, read 9,620,636 times
1. Balance budget by cutting spending and reduce government debt
2. Enforce immigration laws and deport all illegal aliens
3. Deregulation
4. Decriminalize victimless crimes

Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 PM

17,761 posts, read 19,796,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
George Bush stole $1 trillion of our money to drop bombs on camels. How much are liberals stealing from you now?
Increased taxes, special payroll fees, tax brackets for me but not you... not allowing me to privatize my social security...

As for Bush, what he did was wrong... but I said it was wrong at the beginning whereas you said it was wrong years after...

Old 06-11-2019, 02:04 PM

2,107 posts, read 641,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

4. Significant reductions, if not outright elimination, of immigration from Middle Eastern Muslim nations. Most of them add nothing to our country, and some of them actively threaten our safety. And I don't want them here. There, I said it.
You know most of the people who have immigrated here from Muslim countries are actually Christians right?

Old 06-11-2019, 02:05 PM

2,107 posts, read 641,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
1. Balance budget by cutting spending and reduce government debt
2. Enforce immigration laws and deport all illegal aliens
3. Deregulation
4. Decriminalize victimless crimes
If you deported all illegal aliens our economy would completely crash.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:07 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,045,957 times
Probably left-handed batters

Old 06-11-2019, 02:10 PM

121 posts, read 82,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Close the borders - only allow merit based immigration.

Stop with the handouts to any and everybody with a pulse.

Leave. the fricken kids. ALONE!

Those are my top 3.
This is pretty much where I am as well. I view myself as more of a right leaning moderate as I do have some left leaning positions. But I think if we are to continue as the most powerful country in the world we must get immigration and entitlement under control. I wish we could snap our fingers and bring in an infinite amount of people. But reality is that resources are scarce.

And I definitely think that the social engineering within our media and our schools is just wrong. Let kids be kids and leave the controversial topics to the adults. Children should not be used as political pawns.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:23 PM

4,223 posts, read 2,505,774 times
Are we talking about farming and business handouts or just those for low income?

Old 06-11-2019, 02:28 PM

4,464 posts, read 878,470 times
An overlooked one by many GOP members: shorten the terms that American copyright laws protect. Both foreign and domestic works will get either 95-120 years of coverage for corporate work or life+70 for most other works. That is, practically speaking, perpetual or near perpetual copyright and the Constitution forbids perpetual copyrights.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:38 PM

816 posts, read 257,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Are we talking about farming and business handouts or just those for low income?
All of the above
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies