U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 06:49 PM

13,669 posts, read 5,509,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
We're already the richest Democracy in the world, and it didn't happen with a bunch of snowflakes running around whining about being oppressed.
We are the richest democracy, but the least civilized.

Ice crystals are the least of our problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 PM

1,352 posts, read 690,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
We are the richest democracy, but the least civilized.

Ice crystals are the least of our problems.

I don't know what to say, people need to stop envying people for what they possess either in qualities of personality, physical, and material or wealth.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:00 PM

1,773 posts, read 518,852 times
I see the conservative answers seem to only copy each other, and arent very specific. Youre trying to avoid saying what you really want to say. Ill wait for a couple of you to show your true colors.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:02 PM

9,348 posts, read 7,170,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
So in other words:
1. Stop brown illegals only, white ones welcome
2. You want to be able avoid learning tolerance of minorities, gays and continue sexism, yet you want the left to be more tolerant of your views. And you want to stay racist, homophobic and sexist without consequence
3 You want to be able to bring segregation back
4. Once again, you want to ban brown people because you think theyre dangerous (they havent killed anyone here in years) , yet no mention about the white people that have been committing multitudes of mass murders in the past 5 years.

That seems legit.
in the pantheon of blind stupidity, one king reigns supreme.

now, maybe you only define "brown people" as Middle Eastern native terrorists. Last I checked brown people include:

African-Americans
Latin Americans
Middle Eastern
Southeast Asian Indians.

and or, basically anybody not Anglo-Saxon. (though "yellow people" Asians never seem to draw the care and concern of your ilk).

Old 06-11-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As far as I can tell: Money.

Money in the form of lower taxes. Money in the form of funneling funds upward to the rich. Money in the form of reduced regulation of businesses. Money in the form of illicit business deals. All that kind of thing.
wait ... there's a contender to the throne.

Perhaps you believe that the government creates all the effort and money, and we're all lucky they let us keep what they do.

Maybe you think that "100% safety" is more important than understanding regulation is needed, but often overreaches trying to find an "ideal"

And hellifIknow what "money in the form of illicit business deals" means ... other than the ability of elected officials on both sides to enrich themselves and empower people to leave government and enrich themselves too.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:11 PM

4,069 posts, read 1,551,316 times
I think it was former Secretary of Agriculture Earl Butz who said that colored men only wanted 3 things:
Tight P****y
Loose shoes
Warm place to s**t

those still work for me

(p.s. -I'm an old white guy....)

Last edited by Buckeye77; 06-11-2019 at 08:23 PM..

Old 06-11-2019, 07:12 PM

10,927 posts, read 10,181,499 times
A strong middle class.

One that can afford their own things, and not need the government to provide it for them. Where minimum wage jobs go back to being the jobs of teenagers and not adults with families to feed.

I want us to stop following the policies of the last 50 years that caused us to decimate the middle class by sending our money to China and Mexico, and anywhere else with dirt poor people willing to work for pennies. Also to stop importing poor people in order to drive wages down here.

The worst thing we ever did was open trade with China. We created our own biggest competitor. We had global economic dominance, and we just gave it all away. China would still be a S’hole 3rd world communist country if not for us, and we would still be making the products that the world buys, instead of our companies moving their factories (and jobs) there. I’m old enough to remember when nothing said “Made in China”. Some products said “Made in Taiwan” or “Made in Japan”, but the bulk of our products said “Made in America”. Instead of targeting Cuba for being communist, we should have kept that policy with communist China.

At this point, we cant erase the monster we created, but at least we can elect politicians that put the American people first, ahead of the corporations, and ahead of other countries.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
I think it was former Secretary of Agriculture Earl Butz who said that colored men only wanted 3 things:
Tight P****y
Loose shoes
Warm place to s**t

those still work for me

I don't think that reads the way you intend it to.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 PM

27,487 posts, read 17,618,687 times
A government that puts Americans first.

Securing our borders against foreign criminals.

Business-friendly tax laws and regulations.

Pro-civil-rights, INCLUDING the 2nd amendment.

Responsible spending.

Reigning in taxes.

Revision of our immigration and "refugee" laws-only allow those to immigrate that bring skills that benefit the US.

Responsible management of our federal lands (or reduction of federal ownership). Increased logging, responsible forest management.

Work towards fairer trade laws.

A government that focuses on activities that encourage economic and wage growth.

Enforce our internal laws with longer sentences for criminals-stop our soft-on-crime revolving door justice system. Make 3 strikes laws national.

Stop wasting money enforcing laws against weed and other illicit drugs. Legalize it all-and do NOT offer taxpayer funded treatment. You want to blow your mind on drugs, knock yourself out, but don't expect others to save you.

Pass/enforce "vagrancy" laws. Don't turn the rest of the US into a "Skid Row" with bums and druggers living on the sidewalk and crapping in the streets. Get the deadbeats out of our cities. Tough love-clean yourself up, get a job or starve. Institutionalization for those that are actually mentally ill and unable to function.

Old 06-11-2019, 07:20 PM

191 posts, read 141,890 times
Kind of strange quoting a Democrat but

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

I know that was taken from elsewhere but it applies.

There is a reason people want to come here. Don't destroy those reasons letting in those who don't agree with JFK's quote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies