U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 05:54 AM

7,556 posts, read 2,427,412 times

Advertisements

Handouts and little to no work. Privilege and more privilege.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 06:22 AM

10,138 posts, read 6,265,886 times
I'd like the immigration thing put to rest. Stop the flood of illegals coming in, and kick the current ones out...anchor babies and all. Implement E Verify and start holding companies responsible for hiring illegals.

Healthcare. Let's get something that works for everyone implemented. There are a lot of models around the globe that work , there has got to be a way to study each one and come up with something that doesn't take money from those that are successful and give it to those that are not. Back the big pharma companies into a corner and demand some reasonable drug prices. Make healthcare insurance purchasable over state lines, and make it more transparent. If people could shop around for the least expensive MRI , for example, the healthcare prices would come down. Free market, style.

Push taking care of our veterans to the top of what is important. We should not see any of them on the street, or committing suicide because they couldn't afford help.

Stop with the attacks on the 2A. No more "common sense" legislation...because it doesn't work and just chips away and the rights of the law abiding.

Limit the amount of hand outs that are going to people that are able bodied and that can work.

Put America , it's policies, it's people, and our goods first. Stop helping other countries, and stop policing others. We need to stop kowtowing to every group, religion, etc that whines that the policies in this country offends them....don't like it , get over it or leave.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM

12,184 posts, read 6,938,149 times
I want americans to quit insulting another's character, trying to get them fired, suing them, hitting them with bike locks, for having a different opinion.

I want americans to calm down, quit screaming at each other, and regain a sense of humor.

I want to go to a movie, watch a tv show, and read a msm news article without being bombarded by leftist propaganda.

I also want world peace.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:47 AM

738 posts, read 479,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
You can help whomever you want with your own money. Just leave my money alone.
You basically summed it up then.. Conservatives are selfish and greedy. Liberals are more open to helping out fellow humans.. Thank you for posting this

Old 06-12-2019, 06:51 AM

10,931 posts, read 10,181,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
You basically summed it up then.. Conservatives are selfish and greedy. Liberals are more open to helping out fellow humans.. Thank you for posting this
And you basically summed it up then. Conservatives believe in the freedom to decide who, and how much, you help. Liberals believe in taking your possessions through force, and giving to who THEY decide are most deserving.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:56 AM

12,351 posts, read 7,501,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
But to paraphrase columnist Joseph Sorban: "Liberals" never accuse their economically-ignorant followers of "greed" for envying, and seeking to redistribute the fruits of someone else's labor; It is only conservatives who are accused of "greed", for seeking to keep what they made by their own efforts.

And I'm prepared to wait a long time to see how the not-so-"liberals" try to rebut this.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:05 AM

13,671 posts, read 5,512,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I'd like the immigration thing put to rest. Stop the flood of illegals coming in, and kick the current ones out...anchor babies and all. Implement E Verify and start holding companies responsible for hiring illegals.

Healthcare. Let's get something that works for everyone implemented. There are a lot of models around the globe that work , there has got to be a way to study each one and come up with something that doesn't take money from those that are successful and give it to those that are not. Back the big pharma companies into a corner and demand some reasonable drug prices. Make healthcare insurance purchasable over state lines, and make it more transparent. If people could shop around for the least expensive MRI , for example, the healthcare prices would come down. Free market, style.

Push taking care of our veterans to the top of what is important. We should not see any of them on the street, or committing suicide because they couldn't afford help.

Stop with the attacks on the 2A. No more "common sense" legislation...because it doesn't work and just chips away and the rights of the law abiding.

Limit the amount of hand outs that are going to people that are able bodied and that can work.

Put America , it's policies, it's people, and our goods first. Stop helping other countries, and stop policing others. We need to stop kowtowing to every group, religion, etc that whines that the policies in this country offends them....don't like it , get over it or leave.
Absolutely none of that will happen, because of lobbying and corruption.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:10 AM

1,257 posts, read 287,013 times
Three issues I will not waver on:
1. Capitalism
2. Upholding the constitution
3. Sovereignty

Old 06-12-2019, 07:23 AM

738 posts, read 479,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
But to paraphrase columnist Joseph Sorban: "Liberals" never accuse their economically-ignorant followers of "greed" for envying, and seeking to redistribute the fruits of someone else's labor; It is only conservatives who are accused of "greed", for seeking to keep what they made by their own efforts.

And I'm prepared to wait a long time to see how the not-so-"liberals" try to rebut this.
Let me know when trickle down and corporate welfare is legit keeping what they really made by their own efforts and I'll get back with you buddy

Old 06-12-2019, 07:35 AM

21,660 posts, read 11,117,335 times
I don't want big government running my life. I want to eat, speak and drive what I want, not someone dictating to me about stupid garbage .

I am sick of the innuendo and insinuations that MSM feeds to the public without any facts.

I want to have freedom to make my own choices, not some damn college professor telling me how to think. That is what they do today.

I want to own a gun to protect my family from the crazies out there who come to rob or kill you for their kicks.

I want the drugs off the streets so the 70 thousand people will not overdose on these lethal drugs that come from over the border.

I am sick of the political correctness. We can't say a damn thing today without someone putting a spin on it that it is racist, homophobic, or some name . We have a right to our opinions .

Freedom to have an opinion .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies