U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 11:12 AM

6,998 posts, read 4,002,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Breitbart...'nuff said.
That was my first thought!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh, the irony of a trump supporter saying this is hilarious!
That was my second thought!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you are bringing up something Biden said 45 years ago as important but are willing to dismiss what Trump says less than 10 years ago as the past! SMH!

Yes, Irony and Hypocrisy still lives!

Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 AM

11,383 posts, read 5,967,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post

That was my second thought!!!!!

You know what they say, 3rd times a charm. Try again.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:20 AM

6,907 posts, read 2,528,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
yep but..... OP gotta outrage.
One thing I tend to be a fan of is when the scumbag politicians of either party run off at the mouth and reveal truths about our republic that people should already know but obviously do not.

Biden, in this case, let's everyone in on what really isn't a secret - anytime the government wants to change things and make literally anything perfectly lawful and constitutional, 2/3 in the House and Senate + 3/4 of the states is all that requires. That's how the system works, and paraphrasing John Adams, it works great for a moral and sober people, but kinda sucks for anyone else.

Like SS for example. It is on their website that none of us are owed anything by right, they can yank the entire thing any time they want, and there isn't bupkus anyone can do about it...so says the Constitution. People find that out like they uncovered a lost tomb of gold or something, but it's been the clear law of the land since forever, and solidified with the iron will of the SCOTUS since the Fleming v Nestor case.

And when the amendment process doesn't do what they want to service and protect their tyranny, they always have the nine judicial patricians on the SCOTUS to make imperial decrees to the plebians about how we must all "interpret" what a thing in the Constitution means, particularly stuff that we may not understand is serving a "compelling government interest." If you think I lie, go read the Kelo v New London case. Amendments in the Bill of Rights mean d1ck if the government chooses to ignore them in order to serve a "compelling government interest." And yeah, I know all about Trump's past with eminent domain and trying pay politicians to be his hired thugs, and I know about Obama violating every firearms act we have in order to manufacture enough controversy that could warrant taking away the 2nd Amendment, and etc etc.

But understand, that when they were doing these things, I guarantee they either had a law or precedent to hide behind, or had Congress ready to give them one if the need arose. And all Biden tells you with his 1973 gaffe is something should already know -if the government wants to harm you, they will. It will be perfectly lawful, you will have no recourse, and that's freaking that. Period. Why people cannot accept that is a mystery, but it is the truth nonetheless.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:23 AM

26,722 posts, read 19,065,560 times
Quote:
Breitbart...'nuff said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
Poor poor NPC's never learn. Breitbart ALWAYS links to the original article in which something was said...they post it because we ALL know the leftist media won't report it...try using some free will and think for yourself...I'll help ya out THIS was linked IN the Breitbart article poor thing

https://www.washingtonian.com/1974/0...-american-boy/
they do it every time.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:24 AM

45,265 posts, read 17,960,183 times
Quote:
Breitbart...'nuff said.
They called the 2016 election correctly and said all along that Russiagate was false. 100% correct.

How did your source do? "nuff said. LOL

Biden's own words re linked in that article. We get why you don't want address it.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:28 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,060,424 times
Quotes from 45 years ago may have some value but not much compared to what is said now.

A mere 10 years ago Trump was a registered Democrat. And at some point in 2000s gave campaign contributions to Hillary Clinton.
https://www.thoughtco.com/was-donald...mocrat-3367571

I mainly focus on what a candidate says now.

Last edited by NW Crow; 06-11-2019 at 11:43 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Oh the irony of someone not being able to read. You think my status below my user name here that says "F Trump..." indicates support for him?
i'm not seeing anything in your status.

screenshot:

Old 06-11-2019, 11:33 AM

11,383 posts, read 5,967,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i'm not seeing anything in your status.

screenshot:
Well, it should be there. I see it when I'm on here, but its also here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...mple=1#aboutme

Either way, the knee-jerk response that anyone who doesn't support the Dem talking points is obviously a Trump supporter is pretty ignorant. All it does is give people a lazy excuse not to actually address the topic at hand which is inconvenient to their usual narrative.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:54 AM

3,912 posts, read 4,060,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Biden, in this case, let's everyone in on what really isn't a secret - anytime the government wants to change things and make literally anything perfectly lawful and constitutional, 2/3 in the House and Senate + 3/4 of the states is all that requires. That's how the system works, and paraphrasing John Adams, it works great for a moral and sober people, but kinda sucks for anyone else.

And all Biden tells you with his 1973 gaffe is something should already know -if the government wants to harm you, they will. It will be perfectly lawful, you will have no recourse, and that's freaking that. Period. Why people cannot accept that is a mystery, but it is the truth nonetheless.

"The government" as defined by "2/3 in the House and Senate + 3/4 of the states" is pretty close to "the people" and presumably to "what the people want". They can change the representatives to that government as long as the rules and the system lasts.

There is no fool proof protection in our country (or anywhere) from the tyranny of the majority or the tyranny of elites but the constitutional structure makes efforts to reduce the risks of both.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well, it should be there. I see it when I'm on here, but its also here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...mple=1#aboutme

Either way, the knee-jerk response that anyone who doesn't support the Dem talking points is obviously a Trump supporter is pretty ignorant. All it does is give people a lazy excuse not to actually address the topic at hand which is inconvenient to their usual narrative.
it may only be visible to friends due to your privacy settings, i can't access that link.

i agree that the knee-jerk sniping at the source - which hardly ever works out in the sniper's favor - is a lazy and ignorant non-contribution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies