U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2019, 10:24 AM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,293 posts, read 8,101,785 times
Reputation: 8932

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
So much of that 9-11 money is being fleeced. People with elective sinus surgery are getting pay outs of close to a million. Along with about 150,000 a year tax free after working for a little over 10 years.

Why do these so called victims get all the money? What about all the other victims in this world? Stewart is grandstanding. What about the people who worked in our power plants to provide us with the fuel and electric? They are getting exposed to toxic work enviorment for decades....not a few months.
Silly comment. If you want to take up the cause for others not part of 9/11 then start your own thread on it.

Jon Stewart was right on point with this. He has been fighting for them for a long time and has made many friends in the first responder community. This is not grandstanding. His emotions are real and the people he supports love him like no other. He doesn't want the exposure nor does he need it. He does this because he truly believes in it 100% as should everybody in this country. As he said in the speech "Al-Qaeda didn't shout death to Tribeca. They attacked America and these men and women."

It makes no sense to me why some of you make this a partisan issue. You just can't talk civilly without bashing the other side. That right there is the problem with our government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,351 posts, read 14,063,234 times
Reputation: 6520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
So much of that 9-11 money is being fleeced. People with elective sinus surgery are getting pay outs of close to a million. Along with about 150,000 a year tax free after working for a little over 10 years.

Why do these so called victims get all the money? What about all the other victims in this world? Stewart is grandstanding. What about the people who worked in our power plants to provide us with the fuel and electric? They are getting exposed to toxic work enviorment for decades....not a few months.


nope....


number of 1st responders who have died due to WTC illness is almost as many of the total people who died that day... people dropping dead at 45 with multiple cancers...not normal
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 10:48 AM
 
3,103 posts, read 1,684,905 times
Reputation: 5074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
So much of that 9-11 money is being fleeced. People with elective sinus surgery are getting pay outs of close to a million. Along with about 150,000 a year tax free after working for a little over 10 years.

Why do these so called victims get all the money? What about all the other victims in this world? Stewart is grandstanding. What about the people who worked in our power plants to provide us with the fuel and electric? They are getting exposed to toxic work enviorment for decades....not a few months.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48019...hYNbw_IWRO8uIE


This is why. I spent 100's of hours down at ground zero. My sinuses were a mess. I had the surgery and my sinuses are still a mess. You do not get a million dollars for a sinus surgery. Stop lying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:06 AM
 
12,698 posts, read 10,525,539 times
Reputation: 17606
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c48019...hYNbw_IWRO8uIE


This is why. I spent 100's of hours down at ground zero. My sinuses were a mess. I had the surgery and my sinuses are still a mess. You do not get a million dollars for a sinus surgery. Stop lying!
I know of people who had cement in their sinuses after 9/11. Cement dust inhaled became hard again in the moisture of the nasal passage, was stuck in people's sinuses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:07 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,351 posts, read 14,063,234 times
Reputation: 6520
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I know of people who had cement in their sinuses after 9/11. Cement dust inhaled became hard again in the moisture of the nasal passage, was stuck in people's sinuses.
yep and gypsum (plaster ie 'drywall)


and the two mixed...forgetaboutit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:08 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,785 posts, read 8,301,716 times
Reputation: 15503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
What money?

And why doesn't Trump, being from NY and all, care about these guys?
He's too focused on HIMSELF...that will never change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,785 posts, read 8,301,716 times
Reputation: 15503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Silly comment. If you want to take up the cause for others not part of 9/11 then start your own thread on it.

Jon Stewart was right on point with this. He has been fighting for them for a long time and has made many friends in the first responder community. This is not grandstanding. His emotions are real and the people he supports love him like no other. He doesn't want the exposure nor does he need it. He does this because he truly believes in it 100% as should everybody in this country. As he said in the speech "Al-Qaeda didn't shout death to Tribeca. They attacked America and these men and women."

It makes no sense to me why some of you make this a partisan issue. You just can't talk civilly without bashing the other side. That right there is the problem with our government.

You can't shame these people because they have no shame. You can't tug at their heartstrings because they have no heart. You can't appeal to their morals because they are immoral.

All you can do is replace them with decent people. I'm not even confident that will work with all the voter fraud and hacking of voting machines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,180 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Reputation: 66633
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
He was born in NYC but raised in NJ and I think still lives here or at least has property here if he doesnít spend most of his time here. Like New Yorkers a lot of New Jerseyans were greatly affected by 9/11 and are as into 9/11 related efforts as New Yorkers are.

I didnít know he was on this cause and I think itís awesome. His speech to Congress was very passionate, you can tell he really cares.
More than 700 of the people killed at the World Trade Center were New Jersey residents.

I think some people in other parts of the country do not really understand the geography of NYC/NJ.

I worked at the WTC. My commute from 30 miles away in NJ took less time than that of some of my coworkers who lived in Queens, which is actually part of NYC.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,180 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Reputation: 66633
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
while many may have excellent health coverage, many are dying, and quickly, and the wives and children left with nothing but bills


not only that, but much of the health coverage does not cover the care they need, and even further to boot, the coverage ends when they stop working


the air, that the government said was safe (to be fair, the government was talking in a nuclear, biological, chemical attack type of safe), it was not non-toxic,,,,, air full of concrete dust, asbestos dust, gypsum/plaster dust, burning wires (plastic) toxins, burning MDF, and a ton of other solvents all vaporized/burned into the air.....my fellow 1st responders are dropping dead left and right.....from all sorts of ailments (COPD and cancers)



Nearly half of the 15,000 FDNY firefighters, officers and medics who were working on 9/11 ó and survived ó have gotten sick from their exposure to the toxins that swirled around the World Trade center site,
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...222-story.html

wanna donate to a good cause
https://www.facebook.com/TunnelToTowersFoundation/
Yes, to pause for a moment of reality here, nobody working there said "Oh goody, the air is safe to breathe." There were signs everywhere to wear masks, and hell, just the SMELL of it would alert you to the fact that something was pretty bad in the air there. I was working two miles away on the other side of the river after the buildings went down, and I could smell it and sometimes the ash would fall on us.

Other entitles besides the US DEP were monitoring the air quality, too. They knew the air was bad.

The thing is, not all of it was quantifiable by the standards in place. For example, how much asbestos is "safe" in an outdoor setting? Well, there isn't any standard for that because asbestos is never supposed to be flying around outdoors on a huge scale. Asbestos levels are measured by their presence in a containment area.

Was it stupid to say the air was safe? Yes, of course. Was it illegal? Not really.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 01:09 PM
 
Location: Coastal New Jersey
56,180 posts, read 54,646,759 times
Reputation: 66633
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
nope....


number of 1st responders who have died due to WTC illness is almost as many of the total people who died that day... people dropping dead at 45 with multiple cancers...not normal
Yup. I am on the 9/11 Support Group Facebook (it's closed to the general FB community) and there's a woman who faithfully posts every 9/11-related death of a first responder. They don't stop coming.

There are way too many of these weird cancers killing people who were on the pile to be some sort of coincidence.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top