U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Trump promise Kim Jong Un protection from CIA spying?
Yes 0 0%
No 30 100.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:32 PM

1,352 posts, read 694,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Je spreekt goed Engels voor een Nederlander, maar waarom geef je om de Amerikaanse politiek?
Ik sprek no Nederlandse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM

8,062 posts, read 7,320,760 times
Malaysian intelligence had reported in 2017 that Kim Jong Nam was working with the CIA.

WSJ article validating that information is probably a psychology ploy together with the fake stories of purged officials.

No reasonable person would accept Trump's assurance.

It's all very amateurish.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:25 PM

10,695 posts, read 2,733,880 times
What is so obvious about why He couldnt show us this letter?!

Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 PM

26,851 posts, read 9,120,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
If Obama had done anything of what you posted the Republicans would have impeached him yet Traitor Trump gets a pass from them !

Sickening !
Sickening that Obama did noting at all and left it up to the more capable Trump !!! Trump's style is working and its obvious to anyone who notices the ballistic missile and nuclear testing has stopped.
The left wants to complain any time Trump has success and try to turn it into a negative. They would rather see a nuclear war than a Trump success.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 PM

7,510 posts, read 3,534,546 times
Fascinating watching the left throw absolute faith behind the CIA after decades of trashing them. God forbid someone suggest the CIA isn't 100% trustworthy.

THIS type of blatant hypocrisy is why the D's will have me voting Trump 2020.

Old 06-11-2019, 10:03 PM

20,335 posts, read 9,881,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.R.I.O.N View Post
No he didn't.

I dont know, I have not heard about that,

I saw the information about the CIA with respect to his brother or half brother, ..."

these are contradicting statements ( unless you'd like to try for some silly semantics argument that he "saw" the information and didn't "hear" about it ).

Old 06-11-2019, 11:10 PM

6,607 posts, read 3,684,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Bingo.

He's been playing for the other team all along.
Kim-Jong-Un knows that President Won-Dum-**** lies about everything and is only on Team Trump. Any assurances he makes are valid for about five minutes.

Old 06-11-2019, 11:22 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 21 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,938,499 times
This is disturbing beyond words.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:18 AM

2,179 posts, read 1,756,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
I'd like one of the lefties on here to post what Trump should say to/about rocket man. You're the advisor.
Not a lefty--pretty centrist, actually--but here's what I think Mr. Trump should write back to Chairman Kim:

Quote:
Dear Chairman Kim,

I certainly appreciate the efforts that the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and the United States are making towards ending the conflict that has been going on for nearly seventy years. Anything that lessens the tensions, and the potential for another fighting war, on the Korean peninsula, is worth it. Too many Koreans lost their lives in the conflict of 1950 to 1953, and that event should never be repeated.

But before we can make progress beyond what we have achieved so far, I think we should understand what drives us to be who we are. For example, the United States has always stood for freedom--the freedom of an individual to complain about his or her government, or the freedom to follow a religion, or the freedom from government intrusion. There are other examples, of course, but if there was one underlying theme to what drives America, it would be the single word, freedom.

The United States, and the rest of the Western world, look to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, and we don't see freedom. We see generations of families put in prison camps for the political opinions of one family member. We see your citizens' lack of freedom to read or watch foreign media that may not be complimentary towards your country. We see your citizens' lack of freedom to leave your country. These are things that we Americans simply cannot comprehend.

Similarly, I am sure that there are many things about America, and the West, that you do not comprehend. I am unsure what they are, but I hope you can explain in your next communication. If we truly want to get along, it seems to me that we can only do so by understanding each other. If your country, and mine, understand what drives each of us, perhaps we can discuss, debate, and ultimately achieve a mutually-beneficial conclusion that works for both of us within that context.

I look forward to your next communication, and I wish you well,

Sincerely, etc.
Try that. There are a few English idioms in there that may not translate well, but it seems diplomatic, acknowledging progress so far, treating North Korea as an equal, willing to continue with the dialogue, but clearly stating what some (not all) sticking points are. I intentionally stayed away from the nuclear weapons topic, as I thought it might exacerbate matters. But it does make clear that America (and by extension, the West) wants change in North Korea before any substantive efforts to finally end the Korean War take place.

Last edited by ChevySpoons; 06-12-2019 at 03:15 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 02:51 AM

50,753 posts, read 26,770,684 times
Trump cant control the CIA anyway. They do what they want.

If Trump had any guts, hed disband the damn whole apparatus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies