U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 08:14 PM

30,684 posts, read 33,445,013 times

Advertisements

Well the benefits are getting better and better but I suspect my actual care would require me waiting 3 months and driving an hour a 5 minute appointment with a Dr who went to med school in the Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2019, 09:01 PM

7,801 posts, read 2,269,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/...-other-nations

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceja.../#5083b38165f1

I wish they would come out with non-partisan numbers for the costs for their "Medicare for All" and tell the American people how high their taxes will have to go to pay this experiment.

The only way Medicare for all is possible is if obesity rates go down to the low-single digits, junk food is banned, vices are banned, they have strict formularities which means no expensive research and implementing long wait lists for ailments that aren't potential terminal.

There are biased numbers from liberal think-tanks that are laughably low because there is no way they can have a universal health-care program for 330 million plus people in a country that is collectively in extremely poor health where a majority of Americans basically eat a poisonous diet and where able-bodied people walk a fraction of that the average American did generations ago.

I personally am for Medicaid state block grants and keeping Medicare as is and just declining the reimbursement rates and shifting it onto commercial insurance.
just like Obamacare, they will never know or will divulge what their healthcare schemes will cost. I think we've heard enough from Democrats regarding healthcare.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:15 PM

86,980 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
You misunderstand houses and cars, or have just had very good luck. I've had 2 cars where I did "everything right" and they still became unusable and unfixable without major money being thrown at them, not covered by warranties or insurance.
OK, so cars are like bodies; you can't prevent everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or