U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 PM

852 posts, read 930,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yet I notice that you include no direct quotes, nor sources. I'm not a fan or hers, but she may have said that anti-abortion laws will mostly affect the disadvantaged, which would include racial minorities.

It's not a "baby," it's a fetus or an embryo. But, if you're against abortion, would you be willing to fund free birth control medication and surgery on demand? Most conservatives wouldn't.
Soooo, if a woman gives birth at 21 weeks (the earliest a woman has given birth where it survived) is it a baby? If itís a baby outside of the womb, itís a baby inside the womb. It canít be a fetus one minute and a baby the next. As to your free birth control question, I would support people to have personal responsibility. Family planning is a personal responsibility just like retirement planning, personal budgeting, etc. if you donít want or canít afford a baby, take steps to prevent it in the first place. If you canít afford birth control supplies, abstain from sex until you can.

Women, and I am one, have been telling government to stay out of their bedrooms for YEARS. Now they want the government to pay for what goes on in their bedrooms? Canít have it both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 09:46 PM

15,016 posts, read 13,354,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
Soooo, if a woman gives birth at 21 weeks (the earliest a woman has given birth where it survived) is it a baby? If it’s a baby outside of the womb, it’s a baby inside the womb. It can’t be a fetus one minute and a baby the next. As to your free birth control question, I would support people to have personal responsibility. Family planning is a personal responsibility just like retirement planning, personal budgeting, etc. if you don’t want or can’t afford a baby, take steps to prevent it in the first place. If you can’t afford birth control supplies, abstain from sex until you can.

Women, and I am one, have been telling government to stay out of their bedrooms for YEARS. Now they want the government to pay for what goes on in their bedrooms? Can’t have it both ways.
The definitions of baby and fetus are different, rather than the same.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:53 PM

14,212 posts, read 6,121,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Poor reading comprehension. She didn't say that everyone who is pro-life is racist; she suggested that pro-life views are just as morally offensive as racism, anti-Semitism, or homophobia.

It's a poor analogy, and she deserves to be called out for it, but you shouldn't put fake words in her mouth.
Did you proof read this? You just said what Bentlebee said! Saying pro life views are just as morally offensive as racism etc is equating all pro-lifers with racists.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:54 PM

14,212 posts, read 6,121,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
No, there is no "according to me" here. I simply pointed out that you twisted what Gillbrand said, and that what she actually said was stupid for an entirely different reason.
No, it was stupid for the same reason, because they mean the same thing!

Old 06-12-2019, 07:56 AM
Status: "1st day of summer feels like fall" (set 27 days ago)

5,485 posts, read 3,221,555 times
Quote:
Yet I notice that you include no direct quotes, nor sources. I'm not a fan or hers, but she may have said that anti-abortion laws will mostly affect the disadvantaged, which would include racial minorities.

It's not a "baby," it's a fetus or an embryo. But, if you're against abortion, would you be willing to fund free birth control medication and surgery on demand? Most conservatives wouldn't.

Is this what you will say in you're defense on Judgement Day to the Creator of all life ?
Where's my free stuff too!

Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 AM

1,291 posts, read 294,647 times
Quote:

It's not a baby, it's just a [insert word for developing baby here]. And a heartbeat is not a heartbeat, it's [insert words that mean heartbeat here]. Leftists are a joke. They are always trying to use language that acts as a psychological barrier to the devastating truth that an abortion destroys an innocent child. If they can get you to delude yourself into thinking that a developing child is just a clump of cells, you can get on board with killing it without any residual guilt or anguish. In other words, they want you to lie to yourself.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:30 AM

2,890 posts, read 1,219,491 times
The unborn have just as much of a right to life as anyone else. They just can't (yet) speak for themselves and are at the mercy of the abortionists on the left.

They have every right to grow up to be smelly Walmart shoppers, just like the rest of us.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 16,850,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kirsten Gillibrand labeled all who are pro life, to be racist, etc.

First we were deplorables, now we got another label.

Only because we don’t favor babies to be murdered. Btw I’m pro-life but will agree to certain exceptions for abortion, but not to let a human life murdered because the baby is inconvenient.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/11...-views-racism/

I just picked one link from Google. Frankly, I didn’t read about this online but saw her say the “racist” remark on TV!
The left will call people "racists" and "Nazis" because they think people on the right fear those labels.

The reality is, the left is correct in that some people on the right fear those labels.

Stop caring what they say. If you know that you're not racist nor a Nazi, then who gives one flying pig's bacony arse what they say.

And I would love it if people on the right would change their language. Instead of saying, "We can't do this, we can't say that, we are this or that" based on some insipid tripe that some idiot on the left trotted out, change it. Because you're not, so why are you saying that you are simply because the left says that you are?

This isn't directed at you, personally, but I'm getting really sick and tired of seeing this type of language all over social media by Conservatives. "I'm not allowed to (blah blah, whatever the left claimed) because it makes me (whatever the left said)."

It sounds like whining. Stand up to it and reject it, don't go along with it in a spineless way. Or, even better, don't care what they say.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:47 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,842,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kirsten Gillibrand labeled all who are pro life, to be racist, etc.

First we were deplorables, now we got another label.

Only because we donít favor babies to be murdered. Btw Iím pro-life but will agree to certain exceptions for abortion, but not to let a human life murdered because the baby is inconvenient.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/11...-views-racism/

I just picked one link from Google. Frankly, I didnít read about this online but saw her say the ďracistĒ remark on TV!

There was a day, people had bad ideas.
Today, there are bad people with ideas.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM

66,574 posts, read 33,842,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
The unborn have just as much of a right to life as anyone else. They just can't (yet) speak for themselves and are at the mercy of the abortionists on the left.

They have every right to grow up to be smelly Walmart shoppers, just like the rest of us.

Our nation was founded upon this principle.
The Declaration of Independence declared it, for all to hear around the world.
All men have the sacred right to LIFE, liberty and property.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or