U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:29 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869

Advertisements

Kirsten Gillibrand labeled all who are pro life, to be racist, etc.

First we were deplorables, now we got another label.

Only because we don’t favor babies to be murdered. Btw I’m pro-life but will agree to certain exceptions for abortion, but not to let a human life murdered because the baby is inconvenient.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/06/11...-views-racism/

I just picked one link from Google. Frankly, I didn’t read about this online but saw her say the “racist” remark on TV!

Last edited by bentlebee; 06-11-2019 at 06:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:34 PM
 
6,643 posts, read 1,964,222 times
Reputation: 6233
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kirsten Gillibrand labeled all who are pro life, to be racist, etc.
First we were deplorables, now we got another label.
Only because we donít favor babies to be murdered. Btw Iím pro-life but will agree to certain exceptions for abortion, but not to let a human life murdered because the baby is inconvenient.
Yet I notice that you include no direct quotes, nor sources. I'm not a fan or hers, but she may have said that anti-abortion laws will mostly affect the disadvantaged, which would include racial minorities.

It's not a "baby," it's a fetus or an embryo. But, if you're against abortion, would you be willing to fund free birth control medication and surgery on demand? Most conservatives wouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Yet I notice that you include no direct quotes, nor sources. I'm not a fan or hers, but she may have said that anti-abortion laws will mostly affect the disadvantaged, which would include racial minorities.

It's not a "baby," it's a fetus or an embryo. But, if you're against abortion, would you be willing to fund free birth control medication and surgery on demand? Most conservatives wouldn't.
I posted a link. I saw her say that on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM
 
948 posts, read 373,310 times
Reputation: 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Kirsten Gillibrand labeled all who are pro life, to be racist, etc.

First we were deplorables, now we got another label.

Only because we donít favor babies to be murdered. Btw Iím pro-life but will agree to certain exceptions for abortion, but not to let a human life murdered because the baby is inconvenient.
Poor reading comprehension. She didn't say that everyone who is pro-life is racist; she suggested that pro-life views are just as morally offensive as racism, anti-Semitism, or homophobia.

It's a poor analogy, and she deserves to be called out for it, but you shouldn't put fake words in her mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:42 PM
 
25,877 posts, read 39,142,774 times
Reputation: 13869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Poor reading comprehension. She didn't say that everyone who is pro-life is racist; she suggested that pro-life views are just as morally offensive as racism, anti-Semitism, or homophobia.

It's a poor analogy, and she deserves to be called out for it, but you shouldn't put fake words in her mouth.
Comes down to the same bucket of deplorables!

So, according to you, I may not be a racist for being pro-life but someone else in my family or friends can be called a racist for being pro-life

Her saying that is in-defendable. Just as stupid as most of these Dem. candidates are. It is like dumb and dumber and see what they can see to make the news.

Isnít she polling at 1% or 2%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:49 PM
 
1,352 posts, read 690,063 times
Reputation: 781
All the left is is a bunch of incessant projection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:51 PM
 
948 posts, read 373,310 times
Reputation: 1751
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Comes down to the same bucket of deplorables!

So, according to you, I may not be a racist for being pro-life but someone else in my family or friends can be called a racist for being pro-life

Her saying that is in-defendable. Just as stupid as most of these Dem. candidates are. It is like dumb and dumber and see what they can see to make the news.

Isnít she polling at 1% or 2%.
No, there is no "according to me" here. I simply pointed out that you twisted what Gillbrand said, and that what she actually said was stupid for an entirely different reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:53 PM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 14 days ago)
 
Location: Florida/Tennessee
2,376 posts, read 4,304,796 times
Reputation: 1263
I wear my conservative Christian labels like metals....just don't say anything about my dog, or my truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:56 PM
 
Location: Japan
10,721 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Reputation: 6896
Quote:
First we were deplorables and now we are racists and worse for being pro life!
These comments are worth discussing but please fix the thread title.

It should read something like: "First we were deplorables and now we are as bad as racists and worse for being pro life!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Japan
10,721 posts, read 4,419,711 times
Reputation: 6896
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
Poor reading comprehension. She didn't say that everyone who is pro-life is racist; she suggested that pro-life views are just as morally offensive as racism, anti-Semitism, or homophobia.

It's a poor analogy, and she deserves to be called out for it, but you shouldn't put fake words in her mouth.
Yes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top