U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2019, 04:57 AM
 
1,352 posts, read 689,516 times
Reputation: 781

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah well, I fail to see the difference. The clowns we sent to Washington habitually drains this country too. Like that $6 Trillion they’ve pyssed away in Iraq and Afghanistan since 2001.

At least Mexico isn’t stupid enough to do that!
They're too ****ing poor to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2019, 04:59 AM
 
50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Reputation: 15759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
Mexico is the left's wet dream. Cheap is relative to our perspective, for the majority of Mexicans it isn't cheap because they're all dirt poor.
Pfffft...another distinction without a difference.

78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. The overwhelming majority of Americans can come up with $500 bucks for an emergency.

Seriously dude...you’re oblivious to your surroundings. You should secure the panes of glass on your house before tossing so many stones at others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:01 AM
 
1,352 posts, read 689,516 times
Reputation: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pfffft...another distinction without a difference.

78% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. The overwhelming majority of Americans can come up with $500 bucks for an emergency.

Seriously dude...you’re oblivious to your surroundings. You should secure the panes of glass on your house before tossing so many stones at others.
No one's pointing a gun at you telling you to live out of your means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:01 AM
 
50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Reputation: 15759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
They're too ****ing poor to.
They’re too poor? We’re too poor too.

We’re running 20 trillion in debt with no end in sight. Our municipalities are struggling to get more revenue, our infrastructure is crumbling to pieces, and we’re dropping a billion and a half a week in Afghanistan that we have to borrow!

Again, you’re oblivious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:06 AM
 
50,479 posts, read 26,667,876 times
Reputation: 15759
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
No one's pointing a gun at you telling you to live out of your means.
Nice try...only problem is that I don’t believe the hype. Everyone on CD is rich and lives within their means if you let them tell it. I know it’s all bull.

Fact is, if 78% of Americans are living check to check and can’t come up with $500 bucks, YOU’RE no exception. You’re in the 78%...not the 22%. If I had to place a bet on it, chances are I’d win it. I almost can’t lose on that bet.

So miss me with the whole deal about trying to sound as if you’re the exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 AM
 
36,832 posts, read 16,072,760 times
Reputation: 8362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
"As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries."

Always with the "we know". I hate to break your TDS bubble but "we" do NOT agree with your crap!

" it would have been fun if," All you have is if, maybe, could, wish, etc.

Sorry, I live in the REAL world, not some make believe pie in the sky wishes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 05:09 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 28 days ago)
 
18,980 posts, read 12,188,024 times
Reputation: 10393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
Of course-

Mexico does not have that "muscle" and is completely dependent on US trade.

Would it have been "funny" if millions of Mexicans lost their jobs and went hungry (like in Venezuala) as a result?

Grown ups know that politics is not a game and has consequences for real people. To libs, the consequences of scoring political points, regardless of how many people it harms, is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM
 
38,071 posts, read 14,878,695 times
Reputation: 24505
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
I had a similar idea when Canada's PM Trudeau said Canada would welcome illegals with open arms ...


We should load the intercepted illegals on a bus and transport them directly to the Canadian border.
Another brilliant idea from the Rightie-Tighties.

Here's a thought. Demand that Congress and Trump pass mandatory E-Verify backed up with stiff penalties.

That's how Canada keeps a lid on immigration.

Show and overstay your visa? You better be getting money from home, because earning a living in Canada without the proper paperwork is a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 06:42 AM
 
Location: NC
6,981 posts, read 4,954,224 times
Reputation: 7736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
As an American, I'm glad that Mexico did not best Trump this time.

If I were them, I would not have done as you say. That is a Trumpish/childish response. If I were them (and I'm so glad they didn't) I would have responded to the 25% tariff by reaching out to China and others to get stuff cheaper on the free market.

Again, we are so lucky that Trump's Mexico tactics have not backfired. We got lucky that they were able to give him the ego-boost he needed by promising something they'll never deliver. He saved face with his base, they avoided the tariffs, and nothing will change. (In contrast, China is now getting their soy and some other products from new sources. American farmers are the losers, and will likely not get that business back. #winning)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2019, 06:57 AM
 
11,425 posts, read 8,426,043 times
Reputation: 7078
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Who are you kiddng? Mexico is so capitalist that it puts the United States to shame. You right wingers can only DREAM that the U.S. could be as capitalist as Mexico.

Lol...Mexico is the Republican Shangri-La. A virtual right wing paradise. You really don’t know what you’re talking about calling Mexico a socialist country. You’ve obviously never been there or have a clue about the place. Every time I drive down, I think about how proud the American Right would be if our country could only be like Mexico.
Yeah. DH used to do some business with one of THE Families. I don't think many Americans really know how the place is run. My nephew works for a builder on the Baja, has lived there for 30 years. It's a different world.


But, IMO, Mexico pretty much does run transportation from Guatemala to the river. That train people jump on for free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top