U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:57 PM
 
6,643 posts, read 1,964,222 times
Reputation: 6232

Advertisements

As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-11-2019, 06:59 PM
 
1,352 posts, read 690,063 times
Reputation: 781
Maybe we should start bussing leftists down to Mexico since they're are a socialist country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:01 PM
 
Location: San Diego
35,136 posts, read 32,128,390 times
Reputation: 19673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
In your liberal dreams. We have wayyyy more clout than that, you obviously don't know. Countries we give aid to on a regular basis. Maybe we should have just taxed remittances and been done with it. Oh and I like the idea of flooding San Fran, NYC and LA with all the new illegals.

If you think regular Americans (if you even know what that is) that live on the border would put up with that you're wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:11 PM
 
3,740 posts, read 1,801,884 times
Reputation: 3756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
Just last night you were actually pretending to be neutral. Funny stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:15 PM
 
3,740 posts, read 1,801,884 times
Reputation: 3756
Mexico didn't miss it's big chance it did the right thing for an important Ally and it's own people.

You should go down to Mexico and tell them how to run their country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:23 PM
 
2,493 posts, read 2,528,502 times
Reputation: 4336
I don't know that Pres. Trump constantly bullies and threatens. But I've heard that TV news shows accuse him of that. From my readings and watching video, sans commentary, I don't have that impression.

Mexico needs the US more than the US needs Mexico. And they can't support all those passing through so have to turn the illegal immigrants back. Mexico's immigration laws are tougher than ours, too.

I'd rather see the citizens of the central American countries improve their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,348 posts, read 7,170,846 times
Reputation: 8102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
now, we know who the queen of TDS is, and various other ignorances.

You just promoted actions against the country. Nevermind the current President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:30 PM
 
17,722 posts, read 19,785,288 times
Reputation: 7409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
As we know, Trump constantly bullies and threatens - people, businesses, and even entire countries. Some people can't threaten back, some don't because they try not to stoop to his level, and some won't, because they're hoping cooler heads will prevail.

But it would have been fun if, when Trump threatened tariffs, Mexico announced that they would start running free buses to funnel Guatemala migrants directly to the U.S. southern border.
Yeah real funny.... At least you are showing what a true liberal is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:32 PM
 
Location: Raleigh NC
9,348 posts, read 7,170,846 times
Reputation: 8102
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Mexico didn't miss it's big chance it did the right thing for an important Ally and it's own people.

You should MOVE to Mexico and tell them how to run their country.
My edit seems a better ideal. forgive me if I'm wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-11-2019, 07:35 PM
 
1,467 posts, read 301,095 times
Reputation: 412
If Mexicans eaders had dignity they would have said: We're not your b****, go ahead and set your 25% tariffs, we'd like to see what your companies say. And by the way, the day the tariffs go in effect we'll declare all immigrats can pass through Mexico without hassle.

But they were also defending their investors, so they do as told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top