Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 01:51 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,489,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't get that from your post. Yeah, they frequently have to have a note from a parent, if the child is traveling with only one. Probably stops a lot of custodial interference kidnappings.

I don't think it's part of the 2020 rules; it's airline specific. Federal law doesn't require children to have any ID to travel domestically. I've no idea why some of the airlines do.
I wasn't clear. In the past I flew my (then) minor kid to grandparents (domestic) without ID. I thought maybe that had changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 03:51 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Someone left me an unsigned message: "Goodness! Birth certificate is easy to order from the the county or state of your birth. I should know I've had to replace my when I've lost it. Oops. They look at the documents, they don't create a database of them. Geez Louise get a grip."

I ALREADY proved that I exist to the State of NY many years ago, and to the Fed EVERY YEAR I file my tax returns! I have traveled this country with my NYS Drivers license for years without any problem, but now I have to RE~PROOF my existence to get a "REAL~ID".

Sorry, anonymous, but that is BS!

Old 06-14-2019, 05:11 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Someone left me an unsigned message: "Goodness! Birth certificate is easy to order from the the county or state of your birth. I should know I've had to replace my when I've lost it. Oops. They look at the documents, they don't create a database of them. Geez Louise get a grip."

I ALREADY proved that I exist to the State of NY many years ago, and to the Fed EVERY YEAR I file my tax returns! I have traveled this country with my NYS Drivers license for years without any problem, but now I have to RE~PROOF my existence to get a "REAL~ID".

Just some input from here in NC. They actually do, in fact, scan the ID documents you present to get your "Real ID" and it's all loaded into a database.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Old 06-14-2019, 08:00 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,449,272 times
The State Department has passport cards. $30 for adults over 16 and $15 for children.

Not good for flying internationally but OK for just ID domestically.

In issuing passports for children we needed to have both parents names on the kid's birth certificate - and their current ID.

Protects against child stealing. Which is a thing here in the states.

I see this expanding to being a required form of ID for children traveling. We did have cases where only one parent showed up to apply for their kid's passport. Both parents have to be present - or there needs to be a signed and notarized affidavit.

Once had a middle eastern man show up with 2 young children He was miffed that their mother had to be present and give consent for them to get passports and travel. REALLY miffed. He walked out in a huff and did not return with their mother

Old 06-14-2019, 08:38 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Every last one of them voted for it, on both sides of the aisle.

A half truth is a whole lie.
But you are the one complaining about it.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:39 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So who voted for it in the US Senate?
  • Joe Biden - Yes
  • Barack Obama - Yes
  • John McCain - Yes
  • Chuck Schumer - Yes
  • Hillary Clinton - Yes
And some of you here still support these career establishment politicians without question or thought.
Haha. Democrats complaining in this topic give the above a free pass because "everyone did it". Then they get mad as hell when we get a President who isn't one of these career bought & paid for establishment politicians.

It speaks for itself.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:44 AM

3,516 posts, read 7,779,706 times
Quote:
If you don't have a bank account, too bad for you, right?

Or a birth certificate, or pay stub, no flights for you within your own country...sick!
You just need to prove who you are, once you get your new drivers license your good to go. If you have a problem with the new regulations, your more than welcome to take the bus.

Quote:
This is the product of years of **** quality poor controls on who gets a license, If your a legal resident of your State and this country, you should embrace the new regulations. This mean illegals will not be driving and flying with fake drivers licenses. For far too long Illegals have been able to get drivers licenses, buy property, and enjoy the benefits of living in America all the while avoiding the cost of doing so (paying no income taxes). I'm actually looking forward to the day when police ask to see ID and when you can't produce one immediately, or after a relative gets your id you forgot at home instant deportation.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:02 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:

You could have gone to the DMV and received a real ID with the time you used on CD, sounds like your license is up for renewal anyway.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:47 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Haha. Democrats complaining in this topic ....

who's complaining? i got my real-ID in the mail yesterday.

Quote:
....give the above a free pass because "everyone did it".

everyone did do it. the vote in the US senate was unanimous. your original post is misleading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies