Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2019, 10:11 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,035,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm
If you are law abiding and legal, you dont have to worry. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
WRONG! It is LAW that I MUST get this "REAL ID" by 2020 if I want to fly DOMESITICALY (within the USA)!

That's .gov saying I "NEED" to do something.
Then dont fly. Use your truck , take your gun and drive.

The TSA agent checks if your boarding pass and your id matches. Its more of a safety check for the airlines, otherwise they would find a way to charge more.

And as usual we are arguing over some low iq right wing nonsense.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:42 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Then dont fly. Use your truck , take your gun and drive.

The TSA agent checks if your boarding pass and your id matches. Its more of a safety check for the airlines, otherwise they would find a way to charge more.

And as usual we are arguing over some low iq right wing nonsense.
If you're going to insult someone's IQ, you should a least use proper grammar.

Old 06-16-2019, 04:50 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
It's great that we have options to travel and that we aren't forced to get a new ID.

But how do you see any of this as unconstitutional? You keep skipping over that part....
Look, I understand that I could travel within the continuous USA in my car, or private Lear jets, freely without "showing my papers", but now I have to RE~PROVE who I am to .gov to fly domestically.

That's something I've been able to do with my current NYS drivers license, but now I have to re~apply, and PROVE who I am, to continue such.

Sorry, but I think that's BS!

Old 06-16-2019, 06:18 AM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
Quote:
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

Federal or NY State W-2

Bank Statement

Pay Stub

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

It can be a major problem when you move to another state, which I experienced moving from Florida (had Real ID license) to PA. (no Real ID).

Out of State License. Hadn't filed taxes yet in new state. Bank Statement? Hubs hadn't put MY name on account so we had to leave DMV and go to Bank to put my name on account. Ok, that is one proof.

Pay Stub? Welcome to the Electronic Age! Direct Deposit when I was still working, and in Florida. We are retired now. Even our Social Security is Direct Deposit.

Hubs had gotten a State CCW Permit. DMV took that as proof of address. lol I suppose NY would accept that as well? DMV told me to go (20 miles) home and look for Junk Mail with my name and address. They took a BJ's Sale Flyer! lol Also had to show our Official Birth Certificates and for myself (name change) Marriage License. Thankfully, I had ordered a new BC from NYC online while still living in Florida when I applied for SS! It cost $25.

All this and not for a Real ID? I asked and was told NO Real ID in the state. PA will not issue them until October 2020. Will I have to do this all over again?????? How are you going to renew a license online and provide all this documentation?

Edit: I do not know why they did not just use my Florida Real ID Drivers License for proof that I was a US Citizen. It had that Gold Star on the license. It was good enough for the TSA when flying.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-16-2019 at 06:33 AM..

Old 06-16-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
If you're going to insult someone's IQ, you should a least use proper grammar.
ORIGINAL : And as usual we are arguing over some low iq right wing nonsense.

CORRECTED : And as usual, we are arguing over some low IQ right-wing nonsense.

Hope thats better for you. You can still consider my first two points.

1) Avoid flying.
2) Airlines and government have to ensure its indeed the ticket holder that's flying. For business and security reasons.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Look, I understand that I could travel within the continuous USA in my car, or private Lear jets, freely without "showing my papers", but now I have to RE~PROVE who I am to .gov to fly domestically.

That's something I've been able to do with my current NYS drivers license, but now I have to re~apply, and PROVE who I am, to continue such.

Of course I agree its a pain to do something like that ( and I also agree that Liberal states hand out docs like candies and implement somethings that are confusing) . I hope you are a legal and law abiding citizen, but this inconvenient step is a way to betterment of the country. As a legal resident, I am also asked to make several verification and number of trips to DMV, whereas those who are "undocumented" have it easy.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:07 PM

1,065 posts, read 471,815 times
Quote:

You can have your opinion, but you have to show how something is unconstitutional to back up your claim.

Also, just don't fly commercial. It's not rocket science.

Old 06-16-2019, 01:22 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:

WRONG!

Well, I guess so...

Federal or NY State W-2

Bank Statement

Pay Stub

U.S. Birth Certificate

WHAT!?!?

Not just New York. Get over it!

Old 06-16-2019, 02:10 PM

1,203 posts, read 617,955 times
I got a real id in 2013. In Wisconsin, they have a whole list of things you can use to prove address. You can use a pay stub, bank statement, utility bill, credit card statement and others in that vain. The biggest issue was that I used my passport. The scanner couldn't scan it. So, they had to make a photocopy and scan it in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies