U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 03:16 PM

5,448 posts, read 3,292,866 times

Advertisements

But voter ID laws are racist and need to be shut down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 04:04 PM

1,408 posts, read 336,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Not just New York. Get over it!
I had no idea this "Real ID" was a THING at all going on nationwide or here in NY until I got the letter from DMV the day I started this thread.

I follow politics, and I don't remember hearing about this mandate at all. This state sure did a lousy job letting us know, that's for sure.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:11 PM

19,020 posts, read 15,474,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I had no idea this "Real ID" was a THING at all going on nationwide or here in NY until I got the letter from DMV the day I started this thread.

I follow politics, and I don't remember hearing about this mandate at all. This state sure did a lousy job letting us know, that's for sure.

It made news when it was passed initially, the extensions that were given and when the state rolled out out in 2017. Not sure how this is new....

Old 06-16-2019, 05:17 PM

11 posts, read 2,242 times
Quote:

I think this brings up a much larger concern. You live in NY and don't know the federal laws. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're new to the US. But it helps to make an effort to learn our laws.

Real ID has been federal law since 2005. Also, how does it go against the US Constitution?

Old 06-16-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It made news when it was passed initially, the extensions that were given and when the state rolled out out in 2017. Not sure how this is new....
Well, it's news to me now that I have to renew my license. I don't recall this as an issue locally, let alone nationally. No public service announcement, or effort from Albany to inform about these new requirements.

Again, I'm a political junkie, like most of the posters in this forum.

Never heard of it.

Oh well; I have the proper ID needed to renew my existence to the state, but IMO,it's all still BS to me.

Too bad VOTERS aren't under such scrutiny!

Bleh

Old 06-16-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOProfessor View Post
I think this brings up a much larger concern. You live in NY and don't know the federal laws. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're new to the US. But it helps to make an effort to learn our laws.

Real ID has been federal law since 2005. Also, how does it go against the US Constitution?
Yeah, I just got here.

Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM

1,350 posts, read 587,292 times
Quote:
Yeah, I just got here.
That explains a lot . Welcome to the U.S. You may want to read our Constitution.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Well, it's news to me now that I have to renew my license. I don't recall this as an issue locally, let alone nationally. No public service announcement, or effort from Albany to inform about these new requirements.

Again, I'm a political junkie, like most of the posters in this forum.

Never heard of it.

Oh well; I have the proper ID needed to renew my existence to the state, but IMO,it's all still BS to me.

Too bad VOTERS aren't under such scrutiny!

Bleh

Commercially flying is a privilege. Voting is a right. Again, you claim this is unconstitutional, and now you're comparing a privilege to a right. If you're going to live in the U.S., you need to learn our laws. Otherwise, don't come here.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOProfessor View Post

2005, eh? Now it's 2019...you don't comprehend that anomaly?

Old 06-16-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS!
Which part of the Constitution does this go against and how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or