U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 06:17 PM

1,410 posts, read 336,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOProfessor View Post
Commercially flying is a privilege. Voting is a right. Again, you claim this is unconstitutional, and now you're comparing a privilege to a right. If you're going to live in the U.S., you need to learn our laws. Otherwise, don't come here.
Yeah, ok N00b. PROVE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE!

We need your drivers license.

SS#

Birth Certificate

Pay stub

GTFOH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 06:21 PM

1,350 posts, read 587,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post

SS#

Birth Certificate

Pay stub

GTFOH!!!
I find it strange that someone who demonstrates a lack of understanding of The Constitution of the United States a "N00b". It's apparent that you are a "N00b" when it comes to The Constitution as you haven't demonstrated how this is "Un~Constitutional" as you put it in your OP. This isn't the 5th grade.

Old 06-16-2019, 06:24 PM

100 posts, read 18,145 times
Quote:

SS#

Birth Certificate

Pay stub

GTFOH!!!
What are you trying to accomplish by resorting to name-calling? Your original post claims that this is unconstitutional. It might help the posters here understand your position better if you explain how. Many have asked you and you keep ignoring it. How is this unconstitutional?

Old 06-16-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I find it strange that someone who demonstrates a lack of understanding of The Constitution of the United States a "N00b". It's apparent that you are a "N00b" when it comes to The Constitution as you haven't demonstrated how this is "Un~Constitutional" as you put it in your OP. This isn't the 5th grade.
Can I borrow your Lear jet? Thanks!

Old 06-16-2019, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgorilla View Post
What are you trying to accomplish by resorting to name-calling? You're original post claims that this is unconstitutional. It might help the posters here understand your position better if you explain how. Many have asked you and you keep ignoring it. How is this unconstitutional?
We have the right to freely travel within the USA by any means available, including domestic flights, IMO.

Sorry the Founders didn't foresee air travel.

My POINT is that I am ALREADY identified as an American citizen....ME!!!!

SS#, Drivers License #, Income TAX returns, ENOUGH!

Last edited by SeaMaj7; 06-16-2019 at 07:18 PM..

Old 06-16-2019, 06:45 PM

18,656 posts, read 23,235,665 times
Quote:
I have to renew my drivers license this year. Ok, I've done that a few times before. No big deal, right?

WRONG!

Now, you must provide your papers if you want to fly DOMESTCIALLY, as in, within the USA!

So, I'm responsible to provide the following PROOF of my existence to the State of NY; after all these years LIVING HERE, to hop a flight to Florida?

Well, I guess so...

"...You have completed DMV’s document guide.
You are eligible for REAL ID

Bring the following documents with you to a DMV office:

Federal or NY State W-2
Must show name and current NY State address.

My NY State License/ID with current NY State address
Must be current or not expired for more than 2 years.
An interim (paper MV-1) license will not be accepted.

Bank Statement
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

Pay Stub
Must show name and current NY State address. Must be issued within 120 days of your DMV office visit. Electronic versions must be printed.

U.S. Birth Certificate
Must be original or certified. Must be issued by a state or local government. Must show full middle name if applicable...."

WHAT!?!?

That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS! I'm not sure if similar measures are being implemented in other states, but they're here.

https://process.dmv.ny.gov/documentg.../checklist.cfm

What if you are renewing your license?

What if you have a passport?

What if you are not employed?

What if you do not have a "bank statement" for what ever reason?

I live in OH now, but this seems strange.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:57 AM

100 posts, read 18,145 times
Quote:
We have the right to freely travel within the USA by any means available, including domestic flights, IMO.
This is a bit silly. But like others have mentioned, this doesn't stop you from taking domestic flights. It only stops you from taking the commercial ones. Flying is a privilege.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:18 AM

35,225 posts, read 19,282,093 times
Quote:

Sorry the Founders didn't foresee air travel.

My POINT is that I am ALREADY identified as an American citizen....ME!!!!

SS#, Drivers License #, Income TAX returns, ENOUGH!
Enough belly-achin'...

Commercial airlines are businesses that have to abide by security and safety regulations.

You wannabe a passenger, you gotta play by the rules.

You don't like the rules, you go by train, bus or drive yourself.

Your choice.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:41 AM

20,643 posts, read 10,017,887 times
Quote:
Well, it's news to me now that I have to renew my license. I don't recall this as an issue locally, let alone nationally. No public service announcement, or effort from Albany to inform about these new requirements.

Again, I'm a political junkie, like most of the posters in this forum.

Never heard of it.

Oh well; I have the proper ID needed to renew my existence to the state, but IMO,it's all still BS to me.

Too bad VOTERS aren't under such scrutiny!

Bleh
In fairness to the poster who assumed you recently moved here, this has been covered throughout the past several years by all media outlets. Governors are getting involved and that's covered. States have asked for extensions and that's covered. What this was going to mean to those who travel has been discussed ad nauseam.

If you keep up with the news at all, you couldn't have missed this. So, to the rest of us, it sounds like you don't keep up with the news and are now complaining as though NY has made a decision and are only now informing people at the last minute, and that's not the case.

Old 06-20-2019, 07:57 PM

11 posts, read 2,246 times
Quote:
That wreaks of Un~Constitutional BS!
Which part of the Constitution does this go against and how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or