U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 AM

6,580 posts, read 2,792,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
And a one ton truck to fuel. And an elk to slaughter. And a wife to slap around. And a puppy to kick. And a high school to shoot up. And a nose to pick. And a sheet with eye holes to make. And an employee to abuse. And...................

God people are stupid.
Winner of best post of the thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 14 days ago)

2,365 posts, read 4,302,446 times
Until recently, I thought "tyrannies" was a herd of T-Rex's.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:16 AM

1,400 posts, read 812,101 times
The Nazis used exactly this kind of bulls--t pseudo-science about facial characteristics to detrermine neighbors' levels of jew-liness.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 AM

12,189 posts, read 6,938,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sounds somewhat accurate based on my experience.

A Canadian research team reports that men with more masculine facial features tend to be less interested in environmentalism than those who lack such features. Men whose voices are rated as more manly are also less concerned about preserving and protecting the natural world, the team

https://psmag.com/environment/men-wi...he-environment
masculine facial features?? Is the above a joke? Is this junk the new phrenology? does a man's sun sign also figure into this 'scientific' research?

good lord.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:51 AM

11,051 posts, read 4,857,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
What a bunch of crap. I am an ardent environmentalist, but am no fairy.

Unlike libs, I actually take action in planting trees, prarie grass, habitats for ducks and wildlife, and set up bee hives.

All the hunters I know are environmentalists and they have done far, far more to expand wildlife habitats than any liberal march or protest.
Yep. It's in any ethical hunter's interest to help sustain wildlife habitats.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:08 AM

66,441 posts, read 33,753,226 times
I love, other people thinking for me! It works out well in the end.... For them.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:09 AM

26,574 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Journal of Environmental Psychology"

Sounds like a very liberal"theory" org to me. I wonder who PAID for this study.
"Funding provided by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC), Discovery Development Grant (DDG) program (file # DDG-2017-00013)"

this is from the introduction:

Quote:
Previous research suggests that exhibiting pro-environmental attitudes and behavior is, at least in part, a feminine quality.Zelezny,Chua, and Aldrich (2000) found that individuals' self-reported mascu-linity predicted lower scores on the New Ecological Paradigm. More recently, Brough, Wilkie, Ma, Isaac, and Gal (2016) observed that participants cognitively associated eco-friendly products with femininity, and that male participants were less inclined than female participants to purchase them. Similarly, an individual performing acts of pro-environmental behavior was also rated as less masculine, regardless of the actor's actual gender (Brough et al., 2016); these studies coalesce with those demonstrating that men consistently report lower scores on pro-environmental attitude measures relative to women (e.g.,Arnocky & Stroink, 2011;Desrochers, Albert, Milfont, Kelly, & Arnocky, 2019).These findings are often characterized within the context of cultural influence and the socialization of gender roles which ostensibly promote women to care more for the environment than men. Conversely,scarce attention has been paid to the hypothesis that underlying biological factors, such as the male sex hormone testosterone (T), might predict reduced pro-environmental attitudes. The present study sought to address this gap by exploring (1) whether state T (directly or via interaction with the stress hormone cortisol (C), (Sollberger, Bernauer,& Ehlert, 2016a) or (2) androgen-dependent physiological characteristics (vocal and facial masculinization) predict reduced pro-environ-mental attitudes among young adult men.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)

18,994 posts, read 12,192,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
The people that actually take initiative, put the work in and get their hands dirty versus the people that sit around at a trendy sidewalk Cafe and talk about it. Maybe they'll volunteer to help for a bit if there's a photo op.....
That, of course, will never happen.

I agree that most libs are "armchair environmentalists" who just like to talk about it to show how "concerned" and how righteous they are, but never actually do anything except protest. Raising hell is fun- working is not so much fun.

The biggest environmentalists in the US are hunters, who have single handedly saved several species from extinction and have expanded available wildlife habitat. Every year, pheasants forever and ducks forever adds additional acreage for wildlife. No protest I am aware of has done anything close.

Teddy Roosevelt, an ardent hunter, was one of the driving forces in establishing and expanding the US National Park System.

I have planted an orchard for deer, birds and bees, an acre of grapes for bats, and put in 40 acres into grassland for wildlife. I have planted rice and millet at three ponds and built nesting areas for geese and ducks.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:22 AM

26,574 posts, read 19,023,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That, of course, will never happen.

I agree that most libs are "armchair environmentalists" who just like to talk about it to show how "concerned" and how righteous they are, but never actually do anything except protest. Raising hell is fun- working is not so much fun.

The biggest environmentalists in the US are hunters, who have single handedly saved several species from extinction and have expanded available wildlife habitat. Every year, pheasants forever and ducks forever adds additional acreage for wildlife. No protest I am aware of has done anything close.

Teddy Roosevelt, an ardent hunter, was one of the driving forces in establishing and expanding the US National Park System.

I have planted an orchard for deer, birds and bees, an acre of grapes for bats, and put in 40 acres into grassland for wildlife. I have planted rice and millet at three ponds and built nesting areas for geese and ducks.
how does planting grapes help out bats? i need more bats around my place.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:27 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,168 posts, read 40,957,744 times
What are "masculine facial features"? Dueling scars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or