U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 10:32 AM

26,680 posts, read 19,059,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What are "masculine facial features"? Dueling scars?
probably more than you want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 10:55 AM

836 posts, read 318,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
That's probably coming at some point. People will be diagnosed with the mental illness "toxic masculinity" and sent for feminizing rehabilitation.

On a related side note....

My lovely wife and I enjoy traveling internationally. It's not uncommon for my wife to say, "jeez I need to keep you on a chain because women outside of American really love Western guys...you get a lot of looks and attention here from foreign ladies."

So it goes without saying that there would be a very very long line of women from other countries just hoping they'd be lucky enough to experience some of this "toxic masculinity."

On the flip side, I don't foreign men would form a very long line at all to get a slice of good ol Western woman "toxic femininity." Haha...step right up cause nobody's in that line at all!!!

Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 AM

5,176 posts, read 2,822,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I guess its just another way to make men feel guilty about being men. The liberal left has been trying to emasculate men for years! Just more of men being the enemy bs!
Sounds like you view the environment as something you don't have to care about.

I see no conflict between being a masculine man and wanting to preserve and protect the environment.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:59 AM

998 posts, read 171,343 times
Iím not sure about this, perhaps the definition of masculine needs to be addressed. For guys that love the outdoors, hunt, fish, Rock climb, camp, .... I am sure those numbers are higher.

Now if we are talking joe Smith the Harley Rider lawyer from Toronto who thinks a leather jacket and tattoos are tuff, then yes the poll would be correct.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:01 AM

14,188 posts, read 6,430,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
On a related side note....

My lovely wife and I enjoy traveling internationally. It's not uncommon for my wife to say, "jeez I need to keep you on a chain because women outside of American really love Western guys...you get a lot of looks and attention here from foreign ladies."

So it goes without saying that there would be a very very long line of women from other countries just hoping they'd be lucky enough to experience some of this "toxic masculinity."

On the flip side, I don't foreign men would form a very long line at all to get a slice of good ol Western woman "toxic femininity." Haha...step right up cause nobody's in that line at all!!!
Lol, great piece of fiction.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:19 AM

11,075 posts, read 4,867,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What are "masculine facial features"? Dueling scars?
https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/585781-overly-manly-man

vs

https://www.mefa.org/wp-content/uplo...9-1024x683.jpg

Old 06-12-2019, 12:01 PM

12,117 posts, read 6,694,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
right out of Nazi Germany!

profiles of faces/noses were posted to detect jews.

phrenology....bumps on head determine future criminal

'Anthropological criminology (sometimes referred to as criminal anthropology, literally a combination of the study of the human species and the study of criminals) is a field of offender profiling, based on perceived links between the nature of a crime and the personality or physical appearance of the offender. Although similar to physiognomy and phrenology,......"
Yes it is totally out there Nazi type stuff. It is really creepy.

I have seen studies on male and female behavior and brain chemistry based on actual brain chemicals and hormones. But this facial structure profiling is just junk.

One documentary, I believe on PBS some time ago, has probably been permanently purged because it demonstrated something like males even with low testosterone having greater drive than females with high testosterone and superior spatial ability. And a man who was a big body builder was actually a sensitive, gentle person, defying a stereotype of hyper masculine aggression. None of that would fly today.
Now science is used much too politically.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:03 PM
Status: "The nicest curve on a woman's body is her smile" (set 18 days ago)

2,423 posts, read 4,313,188 times
Sweet fruit draws insects... bats eat the insects and later come back and make wine.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:04 PM

10,779 posts, read 13,680,549 times
Another day, another round of wannabe tough guys complaining how the big bad boogeyman "left" criticizes them for behaving like jackasses and making racist jokes. Boo hoo.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:06 PM

26,680 posts, read 19,059,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Sweet fruit draws insects... bats eat the insects and later come back and make wine.
wine-making bats? now that i gotta see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Another day, another round of wannabe tough guys complaining how the big bad boogeyman "left" criticizes them for behaving like jackasses and making racist jokes. Boo hoo.
nothing like that here. are you certain you're on the right thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or