Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Another day, another round of wannabe tough guys complaining how the big bad boogeyman "left" criticizes them for behaving like jackasses and making racist jokes. Boo hoo.
Pathetic, isn’t it? We all know these guys claiming they’re so masculine really suffer from the small p syndrome. Poor saps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 12:17 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Plenty of masculine men who are gay. Join the 21sr century and come out of your cave.
out of curiosity, what % would you put as "plenty"?

2% - about half of gay men? (per available estimates/surveys)
3.5% - a solid majority of gay men?

would that not leave an overwhelming 96-98% of the masculine men as heterosexual?

Old 06-12-2019, 12:24 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sounds somewhat accurate based on my experience.

https://psmag.com/environment/men-wi...he-environment
lol

Old 06-12-2019, 12:27 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Pathetic, isn’t it? We all know these guys claiming they’re so masculine really suffer from the small p syndrome. Poor saps.
please stop with the lies. not a single poster has done that

Old 06-12-2019, 12:36 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
In all fairness, I think the article was a bit misleading.

Example,

"A Canadian research team reports that men with more masculine facial features tend to be less interested in environmentalism than those who lack such features. Men whose voices are rated as more manly are also less concerned about preserving and protecting the natural world, the team finds."

Just what is exactly "preserving and protecting the natural world"? I would like to know that first.

Does it mean that they are less likely to recycle? =)

I know two kinds of masculine men. One group of men are obsessed with clean energy, clean food, some of them are vegans. Yeah, consider that.
The other group of masculine men are care less, but it doesn't mean they don't care about environment. Just because they have masculine facial feathers, and deep voices, does not mean they are dumb.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:46 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
In all fairness, I think the article was a bit misleading.

Example,

"A Canadian research team reports that men with more masculine facial features tend to be less interested in environmentalism than those who lack such features. Men whose voices are rated as more manly are also less concerned about preserving and protecting the natural world, the team finds."

Just what is exactly "preserving and protecting the natural world"? I would like to know that first.

Does it mean that they are less likely to recycle? =)

I know two kinds of masculine men. One group of men are obsessed with clean energy, clean food, some of them are vegans. Yeah, consider that.
The other group of masculine men are care less, but it doesn't mean they don't care about environment. Just because they have masculine facial feathers, and deep voices, does not mean they are dumb.
they were scored based on responses to a test called 'environmental attitude inventory.' i can't find a free version but here is an example question (#2 of 12).

Quote:
Scale 02.Support for interventionist conservation policies
01. Industry should be required to use recycled materials even when this costs more than making the same products from new raw materials.

02. Governments should control the rate at which raw materials are used to ensure that they last as long as possible.*,y

03. Controls should be placed on industry to protect the environment from pollution, even if it means things will cost more.*

04. People in developed societies are going to have to adopt a more conserving life-style in the future.*

05. The government should give generous financial support to research related to the development of alternative energy sources, such as solar energy.

06. I don’t think people in developed societies are going to have to adopt a more conserving life-style in the future. (R)*

07. Industries should be able to use raw materials rather than recycled ones if this leads to lower prices and costs, even if it means the raw materials will eventually be used up. (R)*

08. It is wrong for governments to try and compel business and industry to put conservation before producing goods in the most efficient and cost effective manner. (R)

09. I am completely opposed to measures that would force industry to use recycled materials if this would make products more expensive. (R)

10. I am opposed to governments controlling and regulating the way raw materials are used in order to try and make them last longer. (R)*,y

Old 06-12-2019, 12:51 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
sounds somewhat accurate based on my experience.

https://psmag.com/environment/men-wi...he-environment
The question is this: WHY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies