Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times

Advertisements

sounds somewhat accurate based on my experience.

https://psmag.com/environment/men-wi...he-environment

Quote:
A Canadian research team reports that men with more masculine facial features tend to be less interested in environmentalism than those who lack such features. Men whose voices are rated as more manly are also less concerned about preserving and protecting the natural world, the team finds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 08:34 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,296,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

I guess its just another way to make men feel guilty about being men. The liberal left has been trying to emasculate men for years! Just more of men being the enemy bs!

Old 06-11-2019, 08:39 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,253 times
And feminine men care less about football...news at 11:00.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:41 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
And feminine men care less about football...news at 11:00.
That.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I guess its just another way to make men feel guilty about being men. The liberal left has been trying to emasculate men for years! Just more of men being the enemy bs!

Yep! If we could just rid the world of that pesky Y chromosome, the world would be an infinitely better place! /sarc off

Old 06-11-2019, 08:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

Utter nonsense.

Excuse me, I have plastic to burn.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,282,049 times
Who this article really wants to blame is not men with pronounced secondary sex characteristics (bone structure, voice, beard, etc...), who this article really wants to blame is heterosexual men.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:55 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
The Journal of Environmental Psychology... wow

The study, in the Journal of Environmental Psychology, featured 162 male Canadian university students. All provided saliva samples so their levels of testosterone and cortisol could be measured. Trained research assistants rated their facial masculinity by measuring the ratio of facial width to height, as well as cheekbone prominence. Other research assistants listened as participants vocalized common vowel sounds, such as "ee" and "ooh," and used pitch along with other variables to rate the subjects' levels of vocal masculinity.

This is how they measure masculinity?

I'm reading thru this, and I haven't read anything like this in awhile.

"More masculine markers were associated with less-favorable environmental attitudes," the researchers report. "Individuals with more masculine faces were more likely to want to use the environment for their own personal gain, and were less likely to want to protect the environment. [Those] with more masculine voices were less likely to want to preserve the environment, but were only marginally likely to want to use the environment for human gain."

Faces and voices determine what a person believes. Someone actually paid for this study.

Closing statement...

The researchers caution that levels of both of those hormones fluctuate significantly from day to day. Masculine facial features, which have been linked to higher levels of testosterone both in the womb and around the time of puberty, may be a better indication of a man's average testosterone level (or his levels when he was forming his worldview), but more research will be necessary to determine that definitively.

1- I wasn't aware that parasites or clumps of cells had facial features and testosterone. Just a side note...

2- The level of one's testosterone at the exact time when a man is forming his worldwide will decide his views on the environment. Just when I thought I had read everything. Hilarious...

These are the scientists we are supposed to believe.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:57 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,333 times
Masculine is just another word for dumbass.

Old 06-11-2019, 08:59 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Masculine is just another word for dumbass.
Says the person living in EAST Chicago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies