U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 09:43 PM

21,538 posts, read 11,611,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
We are on our way.
Thank God my parents arenít alive to see it and thank God I wonít live to see just how bad itís going to be compared to my childhood in the 60ís and 70ís.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2019, 09:47 PM

14,208 posts, read 6,112,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I like Portland but it's located in a poor state and the money should go to Americans. Maine people are usually really down to earth, salt of the earth good people. It's just that most of them are not rich. This money should be for them if they need it. It's just a few Democrats that screw things up, just like it's a few Republicans who screw things up. Most on both sides do not like to see these things happening.
Do I feel sorry for Maine? Hardly. Weíve been dealing with the federal government inaction for a long time in Texas. Get used to it.

Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,154,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
The wealthy white Democrats want to be the only whites around. Seeing poor white people would require them to have empathy. Easier to just get rid of them and live like kings.
https://www.infowars.com/ilhan-omar-...-white-people/

Old 06-11-2019, 10:37 PM

27,570 posts, read 17,653,386 times
Quote:
16 million American children go hungry every year...500,00 homeless in America....a quarter of them American children. But politicians put illegals first. Especially democrats. I just don't get it.
When you realize that Democrats are out to harm America and American citizens, it all makes sense. Every policy of theirs for at least the last 20 years has had that effect.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:45 AM

66,519 posts, read 33,800,345 times
Quote:
Asylum seekers coming in from the southern border keep flooding into Maine due to its generous illegal immigrant policies. 90 percent of all the occupants in the homeless shelters are large immigrant families. Mostly from Africa. Over 70 percent of government assistance...in Portland Maine goes to the illegal immigrants. Money is flowing to the illegal immigrants while the elderly and the disabled American citizens are put on the back burner and put onto waiting lists. Democrat's are shifting taxpayer money to illegal immigrants instead of needy American citizens. This my friends...is happening everywhere across America on the down low...by the secretive American government. Americans last...illegal aliens first. Why do citizens allow this kind of thing to take place? Why are Americans such politically correct p**ies?

https://www.lifezette.com/2019/01/as...his-on-itself/

https://thenationalsentinel.com/2019...s-of-migrants/

Don't we have our own homeless and veterans to take care of?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:42 AM

1,843 posts, read 1,099,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Camp of the Saints Western style suicide.

...great book....it's a simple blue print of what's happening now...

...it's an easy read...should be required reading for all high school students....but it won't...

Old 06-13-2019, 01:01 PM

6,594 posts, read 1,357,711 times
Quote:
I started to ask a rhetorical question like "how could this woman be elected?" (rhetorical because I already know the answer, that her district is full of people who agree with her politics, as she won 78% of the vote). But then I reread the article at the link, and although I think that she is trying to incite even more hatred against whites, I realized that, in fact, she is correct: this is NOT going to be a country of just white people, and it never has been!

But why is she apparently trying to create even more hatred between people with darker skin against those with whiter skin? (It is important to remember that this hatred exists only for a minority of people of any color. Most POC do NOT hate or even dislike whites, and most whites do NOT hate or even dislike POC.)

Imo, she is almost as bad as the most hateful Klansman or white nationalist. (The reason I say "almost" is that at least she has never advocated murdering anyone.)

Last edited by katharsis; 06-13-2019 at 01:13 PM..

Old 06-13-2019, 01:07 PM

24,027 posts, read 11,935,291 times
This is a legacy of sanctuary cities. And a legacy of do nothing politicians who wonít enforce current immigration law.

Old 06-13-2019, 01:11 PM

6,594 posts, read 1,357,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...great book....it's a simple blue print of what's happening now...

...it's an easy read...should be required reading for all high school students....but it won't...
Supposedly, this is a favorite of many people on the far right.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1469...ight-far-right

Old 06-13-2019, 01:29 PM

10,101 posts, read 6,324,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Do I feel sorry for Maine? Hardly. Weíve been dealing with the federal government inaction for a long time in Texas. Get used to it.
I know. I read they got 90 in three days and were scrambling for linens, poor babies. Try a thousand in one day, on top of already hundreds of thousands. Try hundreds of portable buildings at the schools and packed ER's. Not to mention higher property taxes. All I've got to say is, suck it up buttercups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or