U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 02:28 AM

9,250 posts, read 10,900,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
So you would do anything for anyone just because they asked you to? Is that how you would run a business in the USA?

If you sold hammers and a man came in who you knew was going to beat his wife in the head with it, you'd sell it to him?

What if a straight couple wanted a wedding cake and a gay baker said no?
If I knew he was going to beat his wife (or anyone else) with it I'd be calling the police. So would you. This is stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 02:34 AM

9,250 posts, read 10,900,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
If a child wants porky the pig on his cake and I am a Jew working in a bakery, I should be able to refuse and instead hand the family a paper on why they shouldn't eat and glorify pork.
Is there bacon in the cake? Asking for a friend.

Old 06-15-2019, 06:39 AM

9,523 posts, read 4,864,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I swear some of y'all are so hysterically funny and you don't even know why! Did the gay couple request a cake in the shape of a...(not going to say it, don't want to get kicked off)? This is right up there with calling cakes "gay" (or straight, or trans, or bi, or....).
What's equally funny is you and others pretending this is about the cake itself rather than about the event the cake would celebrate and acknowledge --- the same sex marriage. I'd call both dumb, not funny, but either way you all deserve each other.

If the Colorado Civil Rights Commission wasn't so blatantly hostile to religion, the SC might have ruled on the basic issue instead of on such narrow grounds in the Masterpiece case --- did Phillips have the right to refuse under the 1st Amendment's free exercise of religion and/or freedom of speech provisions.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:13 AM

8,064 posts, read 2,770,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
So once again Masterpiece Cakes in in the news because they're being sued AGAIN by liberals. This time they're refusing to make a "gender transition cake". I mean wth is that, but anyway. THey already won in the Supreme Court against a gay couple who tried to force them to make a gay wedding cake.

Now its already clear these buisinesses are being targeted by radical far left groups who travel the country looking for lawsuits and certain conservative or Christian businesses to target.

So what if I were to go to a bakery I know is owned by a liberal Democrat and ask that they make me a cake for July 4th, and on this cake I want them to have "Trump 2020", #MAGA, and Psalm 33:12 "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord."

Or what if I were to go to an Arab Muslim owned bakery and ask for a cake with the Israeli flag on it and a quote from the Bible saying that God will bless those who bless Israel and will curse those who curse Israel?

Should I have the right to have these cakes made? Do liberals believe this athiest, liberal or Muslim should be allowed to refuse my request?

I actually kinda want to do Example #1 on July 4 this year it would be fun.

Any business owner should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Period.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:18 AM

9,413 posts, read 4,326,088 times
Government should not be in the business of micro-managing business.

Old 06-15-2019, 07:28 AM

8,064 posts, read 2,770,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosep View Post
Should a landlord refuse to rent to black people because they hate black people?

"Should" he refuse ?

No.

Should he be forced to rent to someone he doesn't want to rent to?

Also no.

I remember a time when Democrats were dead set against the notion that you should legislate morality.

As it turns out, Democrats are just peachy with legislating morality.........

As long as it's their notion of morality, they're fine with shoving it down everyone else's throats.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:02 PM

24,759 posts, read 9,640,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Mona Lisa was painted by da Vinci, and in Italy. You're getting confused with Van Gough.
Government indoctrination center graduate.

Old 06-15-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Government should not be in the business of micro-managing business.
Government should not be in business.

Old 06-15-2019, 10:23 PM

3,602 posts, read 1,554,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Government should not be in business.
But businesses controlling government is OK ?

Old 06-16-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
But businesses controlling government is OK ?
Of course not.

The free market can sort this out. It may not be the result you like, or I like, but free will and freedom of association are paramount to the freedom of the individual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies