U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 03:39 PM

2,806 posts, read 597,191 times

Advertisements

I didn't lose any friends, but my sixth-grade teacher jumped on my @ss for gloating. I "unfriended" her without malice because I wasn't ready to stop.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:41 PM

14,230 posts, read 7,681,378 times
I don't have very many ignorant relatives but I generally don't talk politics with my ignorant, left wing relatives.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:54 PM

33,235 posts, read 20,075,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
My brother in law's nephew and his husband have continued to disown him. They were supportive when he came out 30 years ago, and took him in for a little while when he was a teenager because his mom was a drunk. It's pretty sad.
So.
My fiance's sister in law used to love me, but after learning I am a Trump voter, she's no longer close to me. I mean, we are still polite to each other, but I have no ideas how I go from "adorable, gorgeous, and kind" to "must be something with her" over night.

Some people seem to take this whole politics thing way too seriously. Hey, this time, I voted Trump, maybe next time, I will vote somebody else. Do people really think we are in Trump's personal fan club or something?

Tell me why we are bad people? sheesh.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:49 PM

1,376 posts, read 266,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My fiance's sister in law used to love me, but after learning I am a Trump voter, she's no longer close to me. I mean, we are still polite to each other, but I have no ideas how I go from "adorable, gorgeous, and kind" to "must be something with her" over night.

Some people seem to take this whole politics thing way too seriously. Hey, this time, I voted Trump, maybe next time, I will vote somebody else. Do people really think we are in Trump's personal fan club or something?

Tell me why we are bad people? sheesh.

That's just it! We are not bad people. It's not our problem, it's theirs. Funny how they are the unhinged ones and we treat them with far more respect than they do us.

Hang in there, the righteous will always win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You mean besides historically low unemployment, rising wages, lower taxes, reduced burdensome regulation and an increase in consumer confidence?

2nd chance, the first president to actually reform sentencing, got NoKo to stop testing ICBMs, remains returned for the first time in history, the first time in 65 years that we are energy independent and net exporters of coal-oil-NG, and, and, and, and.

The list is too long.

but, but, but, RUSSIA!
Add that he is also the toughest President on Russia since Reagan.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:15 PM

7,801 posts, read 2,269,793 times
the media created this team sport. Imagine, people crying over a Presidential election 20 years ago. How unstable can people be? I didn't vote for Obama, but when he was elected, my thoughts were, he won, let's give the guy a chance. Those days are long over. If Trump supports something, they're against it without even knowing what the issue is...So continue down that path if you want. Whoever wins in 2020, you can bet your ass, there will be a movement to impeach them soon after the inauguration. Is that the country you want?

Old 06-14-2019, 06:21 PM

10,575 posts, read 10,840,811 times
Plenty of never Trump former Republican voters like myself, plenty of company for me.

Trump isn't a conservative. He's a nut job

Old 06-14-2019, 07:01 PM

8,515 posts, read 2,456,235 times
My family has the sense not to bring politics into the house. In other words we dont take it seriously enough to get mad at each other. We all know and understand that politicians are nothing and I do mean nothing but bottom feeding scumbags and liars. Only a completely brainwashed sheep would get mad because someone else doesn't adore their politician or party of choice. Am I wrong? Look no further than the thousands of posts on this forum. Hardliners from both sides are impossible to tell apart other than by who they rant about.
The you are either for us or against us mentality and the either or logic they use proves my point.

So if I had a family member get mad at me because I voted for or against a candidate ? OH well and I am over it.
I actually have a first cousin who is miffed because I did a write in for Webb rather than vote for Hillary. LOL. He was visiting me over here and got irate when he found out. I asked him nicely 3 times to drop it. I ended up throwing him out of my house. Hardliners, there is no reasoning with them.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:53 PM

11,646 posts, read 3,186,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
But politics is linked to our identity, our ideas, what we believe. In a way it describes who we are. If we are hateful, if we are kind, if we are gullible, if we have decent values, so it does come first before family. If a person rabidly hates gay people, doesn't believe we should help the poor, approves of bullying and ridicule, well, that's a big part of who they are. How can they get along with a family member who is really touchy about politically correct words, thinks college should be free and everyone should get a free basic income, illegals should come before Americans...they're already miles apart. Their differences came first and they are who they are. They already can't be very friendly to each other, family or not. They would have to be extremely careful when they are together. Today's politics have made us stop and think about what we believe and probably have made us believe even more strongly and now we know who we are.

I don't know if I'm right but that's how it seems. We'd so focused on politics that it's shaping who we are. Then who we are is deciding whether or not we can even get along with our family. Somebody needs to come along and help us to find how much we are alike instead of always how much we are different.
In my observation of people, I think you are underestimating how much some people (including some who voted for her) dislike Hillary. I think some people have given Trump a pass re bullying and ridicule because he isn't Hillary.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:59 PM

11,646 posts, read 3,186,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Plenty of never Trump former Republican voters like myself, plenty of company for me.

Trump isn't a conservative. He's a nut job
Given your posts that I've read, it's hard to imagine that you were ever a Republican, but I'll take your word for it.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:08 PM

18,913 posts, read 6,844,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
none of my relatives are on the government dole so they all support Trump.
Funny, I'm not on the government dole and don't support him and didn't vote for him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or