U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:05 AM

26,650 posts, read 19,047,193 times

Advertisements

too bad the proponents of 'white people bad' propaganda couldn't have been on the receiving end of the becky-mobile instead of some poor 11 year old girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 08:11 AM

5,278 posts, read 1,059,994 times
POS for intentionally hurting a child (or anyone for that matter) whatever his color or party affiliation.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:18 AM

48,098 posts, read 45,475,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many blacks are overtly racist, but fail to understand that overt expressions of hate toward whites and action based upon race is racism.

Blacks have been given a "pass" on blatant racist behavior; to demand that one be treated fairly without discrimination, one must abide themselves by such rules.
The person who did that was a White person himself. If you want to complain about Black people start a thread of your own.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:18 AM

3,874 posts, read 1,662,724 times
Default Occam's razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Many blacks are overtly racist, but fail to understand that overt expressions of hate toward whites and action based upon race is racism.

Blacks have been given a "pass" on blatant racist behavior; to demand that one be treated fairly without discrimination, one must abide themselves by such rules.
Becky in the photos in the OP doesn't look Black. & apparently he's acquainted with the girl he ran down. Per the article in the OP, Becky was under the influence of various self-prescribed drugs @ the time. I don't think you need racism as an underlying cause, Becky seems to have been very high.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
When peoplevwith psychological issues are constantly bombarded with the "white people are bad" message, it's bound to lead to such things.

The press is powerful. Look at the millions of people with TDS.
And yet, the same persons who see hating White people as a psychological problem do not see hating Blacks as a psychological problem, but a "natural response".

Old 06-12-2019, 08:29 AM

51,917 posts, read 41,791,093 times
1. Guy is clearly a head case\druggie.
2. Races are all wrong for this to make national news....but if some networks get wind that the girls got a Mexican great-grandmother we might get "White man intentionally runs into latina because of her race" for a headline.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:32 AM

66,498 posts, read 33,783,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://heavy.com/news/2019/06/steven-ray-becky/

I wonder which Democrat candidate he supports.......
That is ****ed up!

This guy should never walk the streets of society ever again.
With that attitude, he should be hung by the neck, immediately.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM

What Steve Becky did is sick and ugly. He deserves prison time for what he did. He is a sick individual and a hateful one at that. He might be mentally ill, but that's neither here nor there. What he did was ugly. And he'll end up in alot of trouble in prison. Given that there are gangs in prison, he could get killed.

On another note, this thread illustrates the kind of racial tensions that exist. The first thing people thought of were "Black people are overtly racist" or "typical Democrat". A White guy hit a White women, and some people still try to turn this into "let's complain about Black people". It illustrates the obsession some people have about Black people. It also exposes other things. I notice if a Black person makes very disdainful remarks about other Blacks, or displays any hatred for Blacks, he/she is not referred to as a liberal by some conservatives here. Said person isn't looked at as "crazy" or "lunatic". And the thing is, Black people are being killed by Black people every single day. The same persons who call this guy "crazy" or "liberal" won't say the same about a Black person exhibiting such traits.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:54 AM

51,917 posts, read 41,791,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, the same persons who see hating White people as a psychological problem do not see hating Blacks as a psychological problem, but a "natural response".
If they have a psychological problem it would be hard to expect them to think logically and rationally about the issue now wouldn't it.

I view anyone with such hatreds to be at a minimum illogical and irrational.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If they have a psychological problem it would be hard to expect them to think logically and rationally about the issue now wouldn't it.

I view anyone with such hatreds to be at a minimum illogical and irrational.
Hatred is not a logical behavior. It is a behavior of instability. And I have to think about this. This happened in Utah of all places. Where did that guy learn how to hate White people, in spite of him being White too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or