U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 06:28 AM

17,608 posts, read 8,837,966 times

Advertisements

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts is a friend of Obama and was a financial supporter and financial bundler for him. He held several fundraisers for Obama over the years. Comcast just hosted a high dollar CORPORATE fundraiser to kick off Biden's campaign recently. They are far left, Democrat and their subsidiaries NBC, and MSNBC certainly reflect that.

The entire upper management of Comcast are lock step leftist Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 06:33 AM

62,956 posts, read 34,302,543 times
The verdict has arrived.

Most of Comcast political donations have gone to the Republican party.

https://www.followthemoney.org/entity-details?eid=644

This whole attempt to label companies as left and right only shows how hopelessly partisan some people are.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:34 AM

2,243 posts, read 618,727 times
Is leftwing Comcast racist as claimed by, Refusing to Carry Black-Owned Network ? SCOTUS will decide !!!

Psyche produced, pointless propaganda pablum piece. Pathetic partisanship!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-12-2019 at 06:48 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 AM

2,243 posts, read 618,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The verdict has arrived.

Most of Comcast political donations have gone to the Republican party.

https://www.followthemoney.org/entity-details?eid=644

This whole attempt to label companies as left and right only shows how hopelessly partisan some people are.
Well said!

Last edited by corpgypsy; 06-12-2019 at 06:47 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 06:42 AM

9,902 posts, read 8,066,675 times
The left eating its own. funny stuff.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:50 AM

22,873 posts, read 16,258,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, you don't . No one has a choice between two cable companies. You can choose satellite, or now ATT, which do not use cable.
I guess it depends on how you define “cable” TV.

Many metros have choices of providers for that content.

If you’re talking about how that service is provided, for example via broadband, FiOS, etc., then that’s something else, but there absolutely are choices for TV providers.

As for the OP, everything Comcast does is driven by how much money it will generate for them.
Whether political donations or their channel lineup, they seem to approach everything the same way.

I don’t see how it could possibly be argued that racial bias played any part in this decision but I guess we’ll see.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:52 AM

26,580 posts, read 9,046,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
The vast majority of their donations to federal candidates went to Republicans in 2018:

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pac...716&cycle=2018
Yes our links are dealing with different election cycles !!!
My link with the 2012 Presidential race and yours with the midterm race 2018 !!!

Yours is more recent by far !!! So I concede that, not finding any other sources !!!

They are still left leaning base on their content offering and that's what I see everyday on my home page but others can disagree with that and likely would. I won't concede that they are center or right of center !!! They most often offer links to MSNBC and CNN and try to direct to left leaning opinion.
They also have a link today in Featured Sections that offers Black Film and TV which doesn't really support the idea that they are racist !!!

So if they are conservative, as your link suggest based on donations, I suppose we could say they aren't racist because they are conservative and offer Black entertainment choices now.

From my link:
Comcast has often aligned with left-wing interest groups and special pleaders. For example, the company recently withdrew from membership in the mainstream conservative group known as ALEC, or the American Legislative Exchange Council, which describes itself as a think tank for state-based public policy.

Last edited by phma; 06-12-2019 at 07:14 AM..

Old 06-12-2019, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I guess it depends on how you define “cable” TV.

Many metros have choices of providers for that content.

If you’re talking about how that service is provided, for example via broadband, FiOS, etc., then that’s something else, but there absolutely are choices for TV providers.
Yes, I mentioned you can choose satellite, or ATT provided technology, which do not use cable. However, when it comes to cable companies (Comcast, TimeWarner/RCN, COX, Charter etc), one residence belongs to only one of them, not multiple, and the reason is obvious, - they own the physical cables coming to your house. Sometimes they sell sections of cities, or even entire cities to their competition, in which case the buyer became the owner of the lines. If you go with ATT, they will install a 2nd line to your house. They invested lot of money running the trunk lines to many neighborhoods.

Fortunately now there are more on-line options than in the past, but for that you need high speed internet, which is typically provided by the cable companies or ATT, sooo.....

Old 06-12-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They are still left leaning base on their content offering and that's what I see everyday on my home page but others can disagree with that and likely would. I won't concede that they are center or right of center !!! They most often offer links to MSNBC and CNN and try to direct to left leaning opinion.
You don't get it. If there is money to be made by selling left leaning content to left leaning customers, they'll do it for the profit, not to direct any kind of opinion. It does not mean the company is left leaning. Why do you think they show HGTV? Because there is money to be made.

EVERY provider offer the same channels, and Comcast offers FOX News.

FOX News content leans severely to the right, but even they do it to make money out of the suckers who watch it day and night.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 AM

17,608 posts, read 8,837,966 times
In my area we only have two choices for cable. Comcast, and Verizon. I don't like either of them, but Comcast is by far more in your face politically active, and solely support Democrats, and Progressive causes. I am sure this is due to CEO Brian Roberts leftist activism. He is certainly one of the financial power brokers for the Democrats, and very powerful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or