U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2019, 09:09 PM

8,852 posts, read 2,529,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Opinions in one bar doesn't pass as data.
One bar in the country I live, which isn't the USA. They may be popular there, but not here and certainly not with me. They just barely register. Like horse racing to me. Not even a blip . I like men's soccer well enough. Not like white hot gotta see it. More like Baseball. Women soccer is like NASCAR or Golf or figure skating. Just no interest and evidently many of my fellow expats feel the same way.
I root for the women's team in the Olympics, I root for all our teams in the olympics. Other than that? No interest.

But hey you like them, then follow them. I suspect people who are watching are doing more so out of national pride than for love of sport or team.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:23 PM

461 posts, read 848,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is disrespectful to anyone who doesn't love him. I guess we should kick him out of the presidency
I think it's wonderful that the Left always has our great President on their minds 24/7. You are definitely a better American than me. Even though Obama sucked as a President, I had the patience and maturity to wade it out. Thank God I didn't think of him all the time or I would be vomiting every day for eight years!

Old 06-29-2019, 09:44 PM

20,682 posts, read 8,872,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
I think it's wonderful that the Left always has our great President on their minds 24/7. You are definitely a better American than me. Even though Obama sucked as a President, I had the patience and maturity to wade it out. Thank God I didn't think of him all the time or I would be vomiting every day for eight years!
Why do you think I always have Trump on my mind lol. I was just responding to the thread. And itís too bad that Trump doesnít have your maturity or patience 🙄

Old 06-30-2019, 04:32 AM

33,299 posts, read 14,043,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post

I don't like these athletes making a statement like this especially on a team particularly one that represents the US but its pretty sad that a president has time to comment on every slight. We have North Korea, Iran, Venezuela and tariffs, doesn't he have better ways to spend his time,

Old 06-30-2019, 04:36 AM

37,272 posts, read 16,217,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
All I was saying is that athletes should not "shut up and play". I made it clear that Pinoe's comments against Trump or any other individual for that matter are in poor taste. But I believe athletes can and should use their platform when it comes to cultural issues, whether it be social justice, abortion (aka Tim Tebow), LGBT rights or any other cultural issues as long as they are laid out in a respectful way. Pinoe did not fit that example.

As far as visiting the WH, if one does not want to go, just say nothing. If questioned pull a Tom Brady and make up an excuse as to having prior commitments. As you pointed out Repub athletes did visit Obama, just as Dem athletes have visited Trump.
Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. You gave yours which I respect and I gave mine and hope you will respect mine.

"Pinoe did not fit that example." I agree.

Old 06-30-2019, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your chosen standard bearer jokes with a murderous dictator about our hacked election and has not one ounce of humanity anywhere in his morbidly obese body as children are treated like garbage at the border. No Trump supporter can ever again claim any moral compass or patriotism so they can sell their poop-filled posts elsewhere. When this sports star you are demonizing does anything remotely close to those things...let us know.
"as children are treated like garbage at the border."Funny, we are using the SAME "cages", etc, that obama built.

"and has not one ounce of humanity anywhere in his morbidly obese body as children are treated like garbage at the border"

You REALLY need to expand where you get your "news"!

Old 06-30-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
She is a very talented player. If only Trump were 1/10 as good as president as she is at soccer!
Do you REALLY think anyone take things like your post serious!

Old 06-30-2019, 04:45 AM

6,467 posts, read 3,615,378 times
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...clash-n1024936

Home baked Red Velvet Cake sounds a lot better than cold hamberders besides. lol

Old 06-30-2019, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
She's not helping her cause. I'm a rare American who actually likes footie and will watch, but with her antics, I honestly was deep inside rooting against the Americans the other day.

She is making more noise with her fascist attitude off the field than she is on it.
I will still watch and root of the AMERICAN team but, NOT for her.

"I honestly was deep inside rooting against the Americans the other day."

The rest of the team should NOT be penalized because of the antics of one.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-02-2019 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: inappropriate

Old 06-30-2019, 05:03 AM

11,857 posts, read 4,057,231 times
TBF - lots of footballers eiither mumble their way through anthems or don't sing at all.

It's not unique to US internationals, although most of the world isn't that bothered in the way the US is.

By making a big issue out of it, you are just giving such oxygen to their views, however if there views are too extreme in relation to the norms and values of the country they claim to represent then they should dimply be dropped from international football. As simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or