U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2019, 05:59 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,050,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I will still watch and root of the AMERICAN team but, NOT for her.

"I honestly was deep inside rooting against the Americans the other day."

The rest of the team should NOT be penalized because of the antics of one.

I hope she gets injured, nor crippled, etc, just enough to pull her out and America STILL wins.
Unfortunately the rest of that team seems to be on board with her sophomoric antics. It's all more of the same old hatred from the left - hate anything and everything that is tied to Trump - that has become such commonplace in this country -

Therefore, I cannot nor will I root for them. I do hope they lose, though, if only to have proven Mr. Trump right about Rapinoe when he said "she should not get ahead of herself" and dis-invite herself from White House (paraphrase).

Old 06-30-2019, 06:06 AM

6,441 posts, read 3,609,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
TBF - lots of footballers eiither mumble their way through anthems or don't sing at all.

It's not unique to US internationals, although most of the world isn't that bothered in the way the US is.

By making a big issue out of it, you are just giving such oxygen to their views, however if there views are too extreme in relation to the norms and values of the country they claim to represent then they should dimply be dropped from international football. As simple as that.
Thank you for using the term "football". My daughter played from when she was 5 through HS and still follows it today. Yes, men's also.

Old 06-30-2019, 06:07 AM

16,679 posts, read 14,132,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
So much for land of the free huh?

Old 06-30-2019, 06:10 AM

18,251 posts, read 9,016,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
So much for land of the free huh?
We're not free to disagree with her, and comment? What about our freedom of speech, or is it just to protect Liberal Hate Speech?

She's supposed to represent the U.S. in a positive manner, no matter her personal believes. She is paid to do that, and she signed a contract promising to do that. The team just hasn't chosen to bring her to task.

Old 06-30-2019, 07:42 AM

9,070 posts, read 2,809,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, I know. The people who hate the US will view her as a hero.

I would be willing to bet the only reason she's doing this is because no one is really paying attention to her otherwise.
I don't hate the U.S., but I share her opinion about not wanting to go the White House. Just because some of us dislike Trump doesn't mean we hate the U.S. The fact that she can freely express herself is what is good about America. BTW, I never view athletes as heroes.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:07 PM

14,187 posts, read 6,462,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yes, I know. The people who hate the US will view her as a hero.

I would be willing to bet the only reason she's doing this is because no one is really paying attention to her otherwise.
Lol, trump supporters never fail to amuse with their childish remarks.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:19 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,042,650 times
This isn't an issue that's really worth getting all worked up about. I get why people don't like what she is doing. But can't people just roll their eyes and move on. No need to build her up into a martyr. Life's too short to get worked up over this.

Old 06-30-2019, 01:52 PM

13,938 posts, read 12,680,597 times
I hope they are defeated like Goliath was.

(reference to their stupid “Goliath” commercial)

Old 07-01-2019, 05:42 PM

16,679 posts, read 14,132,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
We're not free to disagree with her, and comment? What about our freedom of speech, or is it just to protect Liberal Hate Speech?

She's supposed to represent the U.S. in a positive manner, no matter her personal believes. She is paid to do that, and she signed a contract promising to do that. The team just hasn't chosen to bring her to task.
No, she is paid to play soccer. Assuming their is a behavior clause that is between her and her employer you are uninvolved. Besides you are clearly not the audience for us soccer, so why would they care what you think?

Old 07-01-2019, 06:19 PM

341 posts, read 75,111 times
Sports players have no important opinion on politics . Why should they? But if even a ball boy for a minor league baseball team has something NEGATIVE to say about something that could
insult Trump the fake news clowns will give it front page coverage....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or