U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 05:15 AM

18,251 posts, read 9,016,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
Is it because they aren’t wearing burqas? Because they show their naked legs? Because they’re all lesbians? Because they’re uppity?
Because they are very unsportsmanlike (over celebration and sipping tea to mock the Brits) and badmouth the country they represent. Disgusting.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:21 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,050,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Why can't they just make sandwiches? Women's soccer? Puh-leeze. They can't beat 14 year old boys. Sit, stand, paint your hair whatever color you want....you're awful at what you do compared to men and you're angry that you don't get paid as much. Sorry not sorry. Play in bikinis and I may watch, but certainly not for Rapi-NO.
Actually the best women hockey players on the planet couldn't beat boys Minnesota high school team that was having an off season (Warroad).

So the US Women soccer team would probably get cleaned up proper against some of the better high school soccer teams in the country, real easy I suspect.

Rapinoe has p-ssed in the punchbowl for me with her antics. I'm a soccer fan and might have rooted for them, but I can not with a dramaqueen like her acting so sophomoric just get the spotlight on herself (and her teammates backing her up).

Old 07-03-2019, 05:28 AM

11,820 posts, read 4,044,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Actually the best women hockey players on the planet couldn't beat boys Minnesota high school team that was having an off season (Warroad).

So the US Women soccer team would probably get cleaned up proper against some of the better high school soccer teams in the country, real easy I suspect.

Rapinoe has p-ssed in the punchbowl for me with her antics. I'm a soccer fan and might have rooted for them, but I can not with a dramaqueen like her acting so sophomoric just get the spotlight on herself (and her teammates backing her up).
Rapinoe is 34 years old this friday, and is towards the end of her career, she ight not even play in the next womens world cup in four years time.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Rapinoe is 34 years old this friday, and is towards the end of her career, she ight not even play in the next womens world cup in four years time.
That's why she is being so vocal and controversial against her own country, the U.S. She wants a Nike contract like Kaepernick got, and she will get it, as Nike is desperate to look "woke". This is all about money. She knows her soccer career is over with this World Cup.

Apologies to the Brits for having to put up with the OTHER team "captain", Alex Morgan, mocking them by pretending to sip tea after scoring a goal. Very unsportsmanlike and embarrassing to most Americans. Neither of these players have ANY CLASS. None.

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-03-2019 at 06:03 AM..

Old 07-03-2019, 05:45 AM

2,781 posts, read 2,383,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Apologies to the Brits for having to put up with the OTHER team "captain", mocking them by pretending to sip tea after scoring a goal. Very unsportsmanlike and embarrassing to most Americans. Neither of these players have ANY CLASS. None.
Did you apologize to the Brits when Trumps embarrassing and over the top behavior was so bad it led to a 3 day protest in England? You really think a tea sip gesture is anything compared to some of the things Trump did?

Quote:
President Donald Trump’s state visit to the United Kingdom began with him firing off tweets from Air Force One calling London Mayor Sadiq Khan “a stone cold loser” and culminated with him posting tweets at 1:30 am London time on Wednesday denigrating actress Bette Midler as a “Washed up psycho.”

In between, the president called Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer “a creep” and urged his supporters to boycott AT&T because of his displeasure with how CNN covers him. He also did a television interview with Piers Morgan in which he demonstrated appalling ignorance about climate science and attempted to walk back a comment he’d recently made about Duchess of Sussex Meghan Markle being “nasty” — by calling her “nasty” again.

Trump was accompanied to the UK by his adult children and their spouses, despite the fact that only two of them (Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner) actually have official government roles. The New York Times responded by describing the Trump family as “the American answer to British royalty.”
https://www.vox.com/2019/6/5/1865367...olf-bad-tweets

Old 07-03-2019, 05:47 AM

37,235 posts, read 16,206,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Because they are very unsportsmanlike (over celebration and sipping tea to mock the Brits) and badmouth the country they represent. Disgusting.
I noticed she did NOT play against England and when asked why, the coach repeatedly said "no comment". Very unusual.

After the game she claims a hamstring problem.

IMO, the coach pulled her for her actions.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:48 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,050,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Did you apologize to the Brits when Trumps embarrassing and over the top behavior was so bad it led to a 3 day protest in England? You really think a tea sip gesture is anything compared to some of the things Trump did?

https://www.vox.com/2019/6/5/1865367...olf-bad-tweets
Let's be honest - England is as much (or more) of an embarrassment as America the way they have desecrated their homeland with alien foreigners coming in setting up shot and running roughshod on that once-precious culture.

There are no "conservatives" in that country anymore - just liberals and extreme liberals.

With that said, I just wanted Trump to have the last laugh against the Rapinoe character, so wanted them to beat the Yankees.

Oh well..

Old 07-03-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I noticed she did NOT play against England and when asked why, the coach repeatedly said "no comment". Very unusual.

After the game she claims a hamstring problem.

IMO, the coach pulled her for her actions.
I don't think it had to do with anything she said, or did during the Anthem. I think the coach wanted to rest her, and MAYBE she was hurting a little. However, I am just speculating.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Since it appears you've given this some thought, what would be a specific injury you'd hope she would sustain? Would a broken ankle please you? A torn ACL? A dislocated knee or maybe a torn hamstring would bring you satisfaction? Again, the only reason I ask is because you brought up the nature of injury she should have in order to meet your hopes for this woman and what constitutes a win for America.
Another poster with a reading comprehension problem and distorting what is said. Why do so many like you ALWAYS take things to the nth degree with outlandish hype?

What part of "NOT CRIPPLING" and "just enough to keep her out of the game, can't you comprehend?

Looks like I got my way. She did NOT play against England, the coach REFUSED to say why and when interviewed after the game, the traitor said becuae she supposedly had a "hamstring problem'"

And WE won WITHOUT her! Eat THAT!

Old 07-03-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Coach Ellis didn't start Rapinoe for today's match, which makes some sense. Why start your leading scorer and risk INJURY when your match is against what is considered a less talented team. If they need her they can always sub her in, otherwise keep your best player healthy for the final match.

I'm sure others will not see it this way...

USA GOAL !!! 9:23 in.
"when your match is against what is considered a less talented team."

You DON'T get to the semi finals with a a "less talented team"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or