U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 06:04 AM

37,272 posts, read 16,217,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
People earn respect. Trump would not be one of those people to whom respect is due.
The probes with the left is they ALWAYS try make it about Trump, when it is COMMON for the president to invite championship teams to the white house as a recognition from THE COUNTRY for their championship win.

They are playing FOR THE COUNTRY and what better way to recognize them and celbrate them then to invite them to the White House.

EVERYTHING in life is NOT POLITICS, unless you are liberal!

Old 07-03-2019, 06:06 AM

18,349 posts, read 9,037,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
The probes with the left is they ALWAYS try make it about Trump, when it is COMMON for the president to invite championship teams to the white house as a recognition from THE COUNTRY for their championship win.

They are playing FOR THE COUNTRY and what better way to recognize them and celbrate them then to invite them to the White House.

EVERYTHING in life is NOT POLITICS, unless you are liberal!
I would have a difficult time with inviting the Women's Soccer Team to the White House after the way they have acted by bashing the U.S. and our President, and also their UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT. They are an embarrassment to the country. If I were Trump, I would NOT extend an invitation.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
And yet again the other Captain of the team disrespects her own country by being unsportsmanlike and arrogant. Sorry Brits, you deserve better, than these angry trolls.

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/wor...-over-england/
The same people who are taking this track are the same ones who NEVER complain about the idiotic self grandiose antics after a touchdown, a catch, etc.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
The same people who are taking this track are the same ones who NEVER complain about the idiotic self grandiose antics after a touchdown, a catch, etc.
I don't like celebration, or over celebration in any sports, including NFL football That's not how I was taught to act, but that was a different era. Today it is widely accepted, but I still don't like it. Especially TAUNTING like Alex Morgan did after her goal. Horrible. That goes way over the line.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I doubt any of them care whether you think they're attractive.
I don't believe attractive was used to describe physical looks.

And they DO care, or should, because they are professional athletes who WANT people to come to their games so they CAN BE PAID.

You DO KNOW there is a public issue, even a thread about it here, on HOW much they are paid.

By turning off SOME potential fans, they could suffer at the ticket counter, just as pro football suffered when they let politics enter their games, and they would NOT like that! They DON'T get that many fans now.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:26 AM

Quote:
I don't think it had to do with anything she said, or did during the Anthem. I think the coach wanted to rest her, and MAYBE she was hurting a little. However, I am just speculating.
I've watched a lot of sports in my lifetime and when an athlete is injured and cannot play, NEVER have I heard a coach say, "no comment" multiple times.

I repeat, Very unusual.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:35 AM

11,245 posts, read 6,555,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Why can't they just make sandwiches? Women's soccer? Puh-leeze. They can't beat 14 year old boys. Sit, stand, paint your hair whatever color you want....you're awful at what you do compared to men and you're angry that you don't get paid as much. Sorry not sorry. Play in bikinis and I may watch, but certainly not for Rapi-NO.
Wait till they all get replaced by transgendered women. That’s the wave of the women’s sports future.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:36 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,874,059 times
Quote:
Because they are very unsportsmanlike (over celebration and sipping tea to mock the Brits) and badmouth the country they represent. Disgusting.
Ummmm...ok. Everyone’s disgusted by different things. Have a great holiday!

Old 07-03-2019, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I've watched a lot of sports in my lifetime and when an athlete is injured and cannot play, NEVER have I heard a coach say, "no comment" multiple times.

I repeat, Very unusual.
True. That is ODD. You may be onto something. However, I don't think the coach, nor the team was against what Rapinoe said or did, but again I am speculating. They issued no statement condemning her words, or actions. At least I haven't seen one yet.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:50 AM

20,367 posts, read 13,923,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For being such a ruthless dictator (or so I keep hearing)....Trump sure has a lot of extremely vocal detractors that go about their lives without any sort of government crackdown on them.

Otherwise I really don't care that much, she clearly has a right to her views.

It's completely inappropriate when she is playing for the people of the USA, representing our country, wearing our nation's uniform.

Besides, this piece of crap was protesting way before Trump was president. It's not about Trump, she just hates the nation and wants to virtue signal for her own selfish reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or