U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 05:02 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 2 days ago)

3,496 posts, read 621,798 times

Advertisements

I always find it appalling when pro athletes, who mostly play in tax-subsidized stadiums, (i.e. they are on the welfare dole) choose to spit on the flag, anthem, and other national symbols. Isn't this biting the hand that is feeding them?

Maybe it's a psychological thing where they feel guilty about taking the welfare while many of them are multi-millionaires. So they 'sublimate' by lashing out.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:05 PM

6,627 posts, read 3,677,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
If you mean American Football as NFL Football most Soccer players would have alot of bulking up to do. Regardless as to their athleticism they just dont have to frame for football. Neither do many Baseball or Hockey players.
My theory would be that America's best potential soccer players are wide receivers and cornerbacks in the NFL. A few running backs and safety's would put on less bulk and also be there.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:05 PM

2,959 posts, read 643,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Boy ain't' that the truth. A bunch of cry babies is what I read. This entire thing has been blown out of proportion.

Trump is polarizing by design. He ran on the platform of Us vs Them, he has done and said a whole lot of things that many Americans find repulsive. So naturally there is a large segment of our population that does not support him. Instead of recognizing this his supporters go into freak out mode every time their boy is criticized.
Every campaign is run on "us vs them." Obama used social media to bring it to a fine art.

Isn't it time to just accept that Trump is your president and quit whining?

Old 07-03-2019, 05:10 PM

2,959 posts, read 643,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You people sure whine about it. Cry on, crybabies.
You wouldn't care at all about it except for the whole eraser-head chick's little protest and her whining about Trump being her president. I guess you have a new hero, one with which you can share your daily rage that Trump is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. And Hillary Clinton never will be.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:32 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 2 days ago)

3,496 posts, read 621,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Every campaign is run on "us vs them." Obama used social media to bring it to a fine art.

Isn't it time to just accept that Trump is your president and quit whining?
Although I'd consider myself as left-of-center, I always find it amusing when a lefty like a Rapinoe freaks out over Trump, and the other lefties go on to accuse Trump supporters to be whiners and crybabies.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:35 PM

33,356 posts, read 14,061,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
You wouldn't care at all about it except for the whole eraser-head chick's little protest and her whining about Trump being her president. I guess you have a new hero, one with which you can share your daily rage that Trump is the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. And Hillary Clinton never will be.
I think she is wrong for her public protests but a better question is why a president would comment on this giving it more publicity.

Old 07-03-2019, 06:36 PM

10,180 posts, read 6,367,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, the woman's soccer team is very good compared to its competitors. My problem with the sport (apart from the disgraceful behavior of the player in question) is that the general differences in skill between the different national teams seem to be like night and day. Sure, the US has some "peers," but there seems to be more legitimate competition among men's teams.
It's always been that way, we have no real competition. It is getting better though.

Old 07-03-2019, 08:51 PM

33,356 posts, read 14,061,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Yes, the woman's soccer team is very good compared to its competitors. My problem with the sport (apart from the disgraceful behavior of the player in question) is that the general differences in skill between the different national teams seem to be like night and day. Sure, the US has some "peers," but there seems to be more legitimate competition among men's teams.
I donít see that the competition between womenís teams is any less than the menís teams. Plenty of very competitive womenís teams from other nations going back decades.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:49 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,962,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Although I'd consider myself as left-of-center, I always find it amusing when a lefty like a Rapinoe freaks out over Trump, and the other lefties go on to accuse Trump supporters to be whiners and crybabies.
Yea but at the same time you got some on the other side who claim "nobody watches women's soccer".
I can't believe this thread has gone on so long, yet there was never a thread here on CD back when NFL prospect and now NFL QB Josh Rosen played golf at one of Trump's clubs wearing a hat that said
"F___k Trump".

Old 07-06-2019, 08:32 AM

4,071 posts, read 1,062,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Yea but at the same time you got some on the other side who claim "nobody watches women's soccer".
I can't believe this thread has gone on so long, yet there was never a thread here on CD back when NFL prospect and now NFL QB Josh Rosen played golf at one of Trump's clubs wearing a hat that said
"F___k Trump".
I didn't know that about him...I guess I shouldn't surprised he's a communist.

Rapinoe is an embarrassment...and she will now be given a Nike contract and a TV contract after her Bolshevik antics.

I don't even think she's that good...they probably put her on the team over a more qualified player just because she represents the "rainbow" people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or