U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 11:31 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,052,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, man you people are immature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Any thread about women goes down the toilet fast on this site because it's full of sexist men.
It's just the truth.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:39 AM

454 posts, read 82,744 times
I hope some transgender rises to glory and replaces her.

Would be sweet justice on so many levels.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:41 AM

14,187 posts, read 6,464,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Any thread about women goes down the toilet fast on this site because it's full of sexist men.
That or all these men are bitter because they can't make it with any woman.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:45 AM

33,251 posts, read 14,031,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The funny part is the 3/4th empty stadiums this whole women's WC. That is the truly comical part. That and Rapinoe b----ing about how the women deserve equal pay as the men (who far more often fill stadiums and get higher ratings).

It will be really funny today if the stadium is half full.
I take it you don't even watch soccer but are good at spouting nonsense, tune in tomorrow you may learn something. Just be honest, you don't like women and come up with your own facts to support the lopsided pay.

The Women's World Cup final of US vs Japan in 2015 set the record for viewership by the way, tomorrows game could break the record. But continue on with "no one watches the women", you sound foolish.

Quote:
MONTPELLIER, France — Eleven million viewers in France. More than 30 million more in Brazil tuning in to watch its long-ignored national team. A tense England-United States semifinal that became — with 11.7 million viewers — the most-watched television program in Britain this year.
……...
Unprecedented viewership in Brazil has been matched elsewhere. The French broadcaster TF1 set a viewership record for France’s victory over South Korea in the tournament’s opening match and then broke it with each subsequent game. The BBC’s coverage has done the same in Britain, and from Italy to the Netherlands and as far away as Chile, broadcasters — and viewers — have turned up in record numbers to see their teams and the tournament.
Even in the United States, a market with a proven appetite for women’s soccer, the numbers are trending up. The Americans’ win over England in the semifinals, watched on Tuesday by nearly 7.4 million people, was the highest-rated soccer broadcast in the United States since the 2018 men’s World Cup final, breaking a record set last week during their game against France.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/04/s...cup-media.html

Old 07-06-2019, 11:51 AM

1,980 posts, read 2,646,084 times
Quote:
So remember today as you're watching these best women soccer players on the planet - it's basically the talent level of your average boys high school team. Lol
The US plays tomorrow , fyi.
Sweden and England played today, Sweden won.

I used to be involved in boys high school soccer and trust
me, the US women team can run circles around the average
high school soccer team!

In any case I hope you don't have any daughters because clearly they will
get no encouragement from you.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
I hope some transgender rises to glory and replaces her.

Would be sweet justice on so many levels.
Indeed it would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I take it you don't even watch soccer but are good at spouting nonsense, tune in tomorrow you may learn something. Just be honest, you don't like women and come up with your own facts to support the lopsided pay.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/04/s...cup-media.html

I watch the EPL from time to time. Occasionally La Liga. The World Cup (men's of course) is maybe my favorite sporting even outside of maybe Olympic hockey. And I ALWAYS watch the men's National Team. I used to support the women but Rapinoe p-ssed in the punchbowl this time around. I do hope they lose tomorrow.

I do not waste my time on that MLS rubbish.

And I played "soccer" (I actually don't like that term - "Football" or "European football" is the appropriate term) in high school.

Old 07-06-2019, 12:53 PM

33,251 posts, read 14,031,495 times
Quote:
Indeed it would.

I watch the EPL from time to time. Occasionally La Liga. The World Cup (men's of course) is maybe my favorite sporting even outside of maybe Olympic hockey. And I ALWAYS watch the men's National Team. I used to support the women but Rapinoe p-ssed in the punchbowl this time around. I do hope they lose tomorrow.

I do not waste my time on that MLS rubbish.

And I played "soccer" (I actually don't like that term - "Football" or "European football" is the appropriate term) in high school.
It’s fine to dislike Rapinoe there are legitimate reasons but that doesn’t change the fact that US women’s team and women’s soccer is tremendously popular. US football (NFL) is tremendously popular in spite of al the wife beaters and felons.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Itís fine to dislike Rapinoe there are legitimate reasons but that doesnít change the fact that US womenís team and womenís soccer is tremendously popular. US football (NFL) is tremendously popular in spite of al the wife beaters and felons.
8 hardly watch NFL anymore. There's like 20 minutes of actual game played/televised during an actual broadcast. Too many commercials. At least w soccer you get non stop play and kno the propaganda (commercials) aren't being continually pushed on you.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:50 PM

2,759 posts, read 1,959,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
The US plays tomorrow , fyi.
Sweden and England played today, Sweden won.

I used to be involved in boys high school soccer and trust
me, the US women team can run circles around the average
high school soccer team!

In any case I hope you don't have any daughters because clearly they will
get no encouragement from you.
The HS boys that beat the USWNT were a select group of players (U15) that most likely played ODP and were coached and trained by college coaches and former college players. Was also a scrimmage were the girls were trying new things.
The average Boys HS Team which would be coached by a Phys Ed or Math teacher that never played beyond HS, so yes they would be no match for the women in ball handling skills alone.
Now if you have a HS team where most of its players also play premier club ball we have a contest

All in all though I really dont get the significance of boys versus girls and what it has to do with this thread.

Old 07-06-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The HS boys that beat the USWNT were a select group of players (U15) that most likely played ODP and were coached and trained by college coaches and former college players. Was also a scrimmage were the girls were trying new things.
The average Boys HS Team which would be coached by a Phys Ed or Math teacher that never played beyond HS, so yes they would be no match for the women in ball handling skills alone.
Now if you have a HS team where most of its players also play premier club ball we have a contest

All in all though I really dont get the significance of boys versus girls and what it has to do with this thread.
I'm just letting the average onlooker know what the quality of the competition really is at.

Most fairweather women sports' watchers don't really know what elite level of athleticism of women is at, comparable to men/boys.

That's all I'm saying.

It's pretty laughable that Rapinoe thinks women's sports deserves to be paid equally to men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or