Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:34 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,721,589 times

Advertisements

She is free to use her freedom of expression as she wishes and I am free to criticize her for it. And I do.

I don't think "there ought to be a law" but I do think she ought to show more respect for the country she's representing. Ought to...not should be forced to.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:36 AM

7,292 posts, read 6,879,055 times
Not American, kick her off the team

Old 06-12-2019, 08:39 AM

34,151 posts, read 18,427,189 times
Like Kap, this is a WORKPLACE CONDUCT issue not a Free Speech issue. She is representing the U.S. She is free to protest anywhere, but I guess the people that run the soccer team are also Far Left so won't require, nor enforce a certain level of conduct and respect for whom she is REPRESENTING.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:40 AM

12,309 posts, read 8,035,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Okay, I don't follow soccer. Let me get this straight. The US team decimated Thailand, correct ? Even though they had to pull the starting players ? Is this common ? So they pull the starting players to make it more fair ? If so, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. And they are being chastised for continuing to score ? WTF ?! Also, if they celebrated every goal like it was the game winning one, even though they clearly were going to win...so be it.
No when we supervise our children play we pull the stater's in an attempt to stop our children from acting like our women's national team did. Such behavior might be an international standard of normal , it is not an American Standard of acceptable behaviour

Old 06-12-2019, 08:49 AM

26,970 posts, read 13,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful b$tch should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
I shouldn't imagine many people were watching, and perhaps even less now.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:51 AM

13,817 posts, read 5,527,336 times
Quote:
Okay, I don't follow soccer. Let me get this straight. The US team decimated Thailand, correct ? Even though they had to pull the starting players ? Is this common ? So they pull the starting players to make it more fair ? If so, that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. And they are being chastised for continuing to score ? WTF ?! Also, if they celebrated every goal like it was the game winning one, even though they clearly were going to win...so be it.
You are allowed 3 substitutions max, and they used all three. If they could have cleared their bench, they would have, but 3 is all you get.

My issue is, as Morgan pointed out today, why are you allowed to celebrate your athletic life's greatest achievement if it is the first few goals, but not the last few? What's the difference besides other people's perception of the score, in a game where the number of goals you score MATTERS?

Also, nobody can really criticize the goal total BECAUSE the differential is actually important. That number could be a tie breaker for seeding, and who is to say Sweden could't put a 10-12 goal slapdown on Thailand? The goal is to win the World Cup, and goal differential matters in the tournament. Therefore, teams are encouraged to run up the score if they can, because that is part of the overall path to victory.

It used to be the British who led the world in feeling guilty for everything, but man oh man do Americans love to apologize if we do anything too well. So stupid.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,470,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I shouldn't imagine many people were watching, and perhaps even less now.
Hey you, knock that off!

I watched every minute of your ladies crushing Scotland this week. We always pull for England (after the US that is).

Being in England during the Men’s WC was a blast last year.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:55 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,504,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful b$tch should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments

Poor you.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM

77,020 posts, read 47,392,778 times
Quote:
When victory is assured, they pull the starters in order to avoid unnecessary injuries, and to give the back-ups some playing time. It is common in many sports, and there is nothing wrong, or dumb about it.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:57 AM

26,970 posts, read 13,219,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Hey you, knock that off!

I watched every minute of your ladies crushing Scotland this week. We always pull for England (after the US that is).

Being in England during the Men’s WC was a blast last year.

The BBC are actually trying their best to put games on and try and interest people in the Woman's World Cup, but I can't say I am that interested.

Perhaps if we get through to the final, I might be more interested.

As for the US, well done on 13 - 0 against Thailand, although I didn't realise Thailand had a team.

America is now going to have to apologise to the people of Thailand for this terrible humilation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.