U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2019, 09:32 AM

27,548 posts, read 15,907,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, ***** her and her American hating @zz. I hope that true Americans will boycott her and any of the products she will be endorsing in the future... The only thing people like her understand is a hard hit to their wallets.

I'm getting so sick of the Far-Left and all their stupid stunts.
I'm getting damn sick and tired of the forced patriotism of the far-right. News flash, America isn't Soviet Russia and it never has because the founding fathers didn't want what Britian did to us in the 1770's. The right needs to stop being American idiots who blindly follow to presidente down whatever path he goes down and follow whatever stance he takes. Look at how many American idiots hang the flag on their truck even in the rain but wants every player to stand for the anthem or better yet catcalls during the anthem even if it isn't sung. I always say this but it never gets through to the American idiot crowd.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:50 AM

4,104 posts, read 1,070,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is not about the WNBA or women's hockey, this is about the US soccer federation but women's tennis is an excellent example. Women's tennis is pretty close to equity in prize money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And yet, the topic is soccer. Stay on topic.
Hahahaha!!

You guys know I'm right.

You want me to stay on the topic of SOCCER? Okay...it's even more of a gap. Messi is paid (just in salary) $84 MILLION. Do you believe that the best female play on the planet is just as equal as Messi? Okay then, that's what you are arguing, and you know it's crazy talk.

Women's soccer leagues should not pay their best players what the EPL or La Liga or Bundesliga pays their top players, should it?

Old 07-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Apparently you are a fair weather fan who knows nothing about elite level female athletes based on your previous post regarding an “average “ boys high school team being capable of beating them

You are also off base regarding viewership as has already been pointed out

Finally the women do deserve equal pay to suggest otherwise is laughable

Should women’s tennis players take a pay cut too? They get equal prize shares to men at the majors though overall there remains a discrepancy
Soccer fans watch soccer regardless of who is playing. Who would have thunk it. I'm a hockey fan, I would watch women's hockey leagues if it was on television and there was a professional league. IMHO women's pro basketball is better than men's, I just like the more technical play in women's basketball, it is.more college like than the street ball you can have in pro men's basketball today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
I agree with everything you said except that women deserve equal pay. I think the pay should be proportionate to the revenue each team generates. Considering the women have a chance to win their second World Cup in a row and the men didn't make the last World Cup there is a chance the women could be generating more revenue soon.
The women generate as much from what I've seen. In 2015, I worked a friendly play match between team USA and team China, right off their second World Cup win. It had about 8,000 people. The men went to the same stadium and sold 4,000 tickets. I didn't work that game but my mother did and she was early released, we weren't for the US women's national team...

If the US men's national team was actually successful, I wouldn't be having this argument with you. The fact is they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I know more than you think.

The best women hockey players get beat by average MINNESOTA high school hockey teams. That's a dead straight FACT.

I'm okay with women's tennis players getting equal pay, but it ends there.

Do you truly believe that WNBA players deserve to be paid $30 MILLION a year, like NBA stars? Are you seriously saying this?
The WNBA to be fair doesn't sell the seats NBA does. WNBA teams is is on par with IFL (Indoor Football League) teams and this is coming from a fan of both. Both sell only 100 level tickets for the teams that play in Talking Stick Arena. The Suns depending on.who they play (because they suck) can sell all levels. The Rattlers the IFL team gives free 200 seats in limited sections.

Quote:
Would you believe the men's team generates more revenue, the men's team that hasn't even won a world cup and didn't even qualify last time around. The women are playing in their 4th world cup in 20 years so its more than a chance that they generate more revenue.
At this point, no I would not. My mother saw far more fans at the women's game than the men's team.

Quote:
This is not about the WNBA or women's hockey, this is about the US soccer federation but women's tennis is an excellent example. Women's tennis is pretty close to equity in prize money.
No but it is a good deflection tactic. That said I think the men's and women's team are both successful on a similar level. Now the women's league compared to MLS is not even a question.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Soccer fans watch soccer regardless of who is playing. Who would have thunk it. I'm a hockey fan, I would watch women's hockey leagues if it was on television and there was a professional league. IMHO women's pro basketball is better than men's, I just like the more technical play in women's basketball, it is.more college like than the street ball you can have in pro men's basketball today.

The women generate as much from what I've seen. In 2015, I worked a friendly play match between team USA and team China, right off their second World Cup win. It had about 8,000 people. The men went to the same stadium and sold 4,000 tickets. I didn't work that game but my mother did and she was early released, we weren't for the US women's national team...

If the US men's national team was actually successful, I wouldn't be having this argument with you. The fact is they aren't.

The WNBA to be fair doesn't sell the seats NBA does. WNBA teams is is on par with IFL (Indoor Football League) teams and this is coming from a fan of both. Both sell only 100 level tickets for the teams that play in Talking Stick Arena. The Suns depending on.who they play (because they suck) can sell all levels. The Rattlers the IFL team gives free 200 seats in limited sections.

At this point, no I would not. My mother saw far more fans at the women's game than the men's team.

No but it is a good deflection tactic. That said I think the men's and women's team are both successful on a similar level. Now the women's league compared to MLS is not even a question.
Okay I will stick to the topic.

Soccer is actually the most uneven gap. Messi is paid (just in salary) $84 MILLION. Do you believe that the best female play on the planet is just as equal as Messi?

Of course you don't, but cultural marxism says to you that EVERYTHING has to be equal, so it's your rules, not mine.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:43 AM

5,328 posts, read 2,837,167 times
Go team USA!

I have no concerns or cares for their political beliefs! Go to Disneyland White House or AOC’s bar for all I care.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Oh well. The second best US women's team would still have been better than any other team on the planet.

So it's not like anyone didn't think these America-haters would not win.

Congrats to them. They can now go back to being nobodies.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Okay I will stick to the topic.

Soccer is actually the most uneven gap. Messi is paid (just in salary) $84 MILLION. Do you believe that the best female play on the planet is just as equal as Messi?

Of course you don't, but cultural marxism says to you that EVERYTHING has to be equal, so it's your rules, not mine.
Messi is paid at a level that I think only a Tom Brady is paid. Is it fair Brady gets that while rookies with great NCAA stats are paid the league's guaranteed minimum? Forget the gender gap, just think that. Maybe Alex Morgan would deserve that if there was money behind a women's league like there is for MLS. She is the closest to Messi in quality of play. And no this isn't cultural Marxism so stick your talking points where it will do the most good.

Old 07-07-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Messi is paid at a level that I think only a Tom Brady is paid. Is it fair Brady gets that while rookies with great NCAA stats are paid the league's guaranteed minimum? Forget the gender gap, just think that. Maybe Alex Morgan would deserve that if there was money behind a women's league like there is for MLS. She is the closest to Messi in quality of play. And no this isn't cultural Marxism so stick your talking points where it will do the most good.
At least you admit that Morgan was better than that Trump-hater Rapinoe.

Yet the coach still gave her all the PKs.

Nope, there was absolutely no agenda there.

12,716 posts, read 10,589,544 times
Quote:
Oh well. The second best US women's team would still have been better than any other team on the planet.

So it's not like anyone didn't think these America-haters would not win.

Congrats to them. They can now go back to being nobodies.
Maybe get a hobby, dude.

1,743 posts, read 1,877,072 times
USA! USA! USA!!!! World champions AGAIN!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or