Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 01:11 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,380,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s simply basic courtesy to the opposing team, hosting country, etc.
I will say that common courtesy is something that many people, regardless of their political leanings, have forgotten about at times.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:15 PM

6,852 posts, read 2,619,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yeah, she should ride the bench. You can hate the president all you want, that is no reason to disrespect your country.
She will be selling vibrators on cable after this tournament is over. Very few people care about women's sports. She has no future after this. Gotta get her 15 minutes now to get ratings on ESPN 26.

Old 06-12-2019, 01:25 PM

5,431 posts, read 5,666,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Also, nobody would dare criticize if the team we slapped down 13-0 was more traditionally great, like France, Sweden, Brazil, etc and they were just having their worst day ever on our best day ever. Nobody would say a freaking thing. And in the men's game, for sure nobody would say a freaking thing.
France, Sweden, Brazil, Britain, etc never did this to anyone... ever, even against tiny countries. It is really poor sportsmanship, especially the celebrations after every goal. Very embarrassing. And it would be embarrassing in any other sport too. Imagine if in a basketball game one team was up by 50 points, and it would celebrate each basket scored... Yes, technically you are *allowed* to do it, and it is not against the rules to be an a**hole, but you shouldn't really do it, especially in an inconsequential group stage game against the weakest team in the group. That's how you get the fans all around the world to root against the bully with no class.
By the way, our men's team actually has fans around the world too, and foreigners root for them. They may not play as the best of 'em, but they always show good sportsmanship, resilience, and great heart.

Last edited by Gantz; 06-12-2019 at 01:39 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 02:46 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
I was still shaking my head at the hypocrisy and outright delusion of claiming that criticism of the womens teams actions is unique to them being women and wouldn't happen to mens teams.

Then it dawned on me, we're dealing with posters that don't really follow sports and so they don't realize it's actually commonplace.

Still makes it sad and hillariously ironic that they have to blubberingly cry about being picked on because they're strong women.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:52 PM

34,151 posts, read 18,431,661 times
I saw Megan's celebration after the game was over. It was ridiculous and over the top. She is an embarrassment to the U.S. in many ways. An arrogant, self centered, ugly, angry person.

Old 06-12-2019, 03:03 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,591,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I always enjoy Women’s World Cup more then Men’s. Partly I’m sure because I’m a soccer-playing female, but also due to the drama and rivalries among the women.

A 13-0 score is nothing to be overly proud of. It’s the sign of poor coaching in my opinion, to make sending a message out more important than good, clean play.
Poor coaching? They made all the subs they could, and goals matter in the group stage. As a soccer-playing female, surely you know that? You expect the coach to say, "Okay ladies, we are up pretty good on them, let's just pass the ball around on our side for the next 30 minutes. Wouldn't want to upset Thailand's players and coaches, or get too far ahead in the standings!".

How ridiculous. You sound like these MLB fans who get angry at the Dominican guys wearing jewelry, or people flipping a bat. "It's bad sportsmanship!"... Jesus, you guys are truly the "snowflakes".

That being said, sure, maybe the celebrations for the players who scored more than 1 goal were a little overboard. Who cares?

Old 06-12-2019, 05:19 PM

10,018 posts, read 9,459,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
unattractive and illogical.
Yes, who is this dude?

Old 06-12-2019, 05:31 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,663,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
Since when is it required to sing the national anthem? First it was you have to stand, now it’s you have to sing. I’ll make sure to tell our NSIs they are unpatriotic since they don’t sing.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:53 PM

25,781 posts, read 16,411,983 times
Sounds like they made real asses of themselves with their stupid celebrations over a game that no one cares about.

Our B high school boys team would destroy them. Utter stupidity.

Old 06-12-2019, 06:26 PM

17,347 posts, read 9,173,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
That disrespectful should be kicked off the team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art....html#comments
This is the United States of America -- we allow people to be disrespectful Jerks or Jerkettes.
She/He/It are perfectly free to hate the USA, hate the Flag, hate the Constitution, hate our entire system of Government and certainly to hate the President and every single citizen that voted for him.

It's a great Country and I tend to feel sorry for those filled with hate and bitterness.
It's a bitterness that erodes the soul ..... and sometimes even ends a career.

Last edited by Kibby; 06-12-2019 at 06:37 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.