Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 11:23 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I'm just letting the average onlooker know what the quality of the competition really is at.

Most fairweather women sports' watchers don't really know what elite level of athleticism of women is at, comparable to men/boys.

That's all I'm saying.

It's pretty laughable that Rapinoe thinks women's sports deserves to be paid equally to men.
Apparently you are a fair weather fan who knows nothing about elite level female athletes based on your previous post regarding an “average “ boys high school team being capable of beating them

You are also off base regarding viewership as has already been pointed out

Finally the women do deserve equal pay to suggest otherwise is laughable

Should women’s tennis players take a pay cut too? They get equal prize shares to men at the majors though overall there remains a discrepancy

Old 07-06-2019, 11:43 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You people sure whine about it. Cry on, crybabies.
YOURE the one who has the knickers in the biggest knot! How many posts do you have in this thread??
If those awful men who are saying this only because they can't get an ugly hateful feminist to be with them, are SO awful, why do they bother you so much????

Is it because they are correct and you're trying to convince yourself they are not?
Not everyone worships women's soccer and thinks its the greatest sport ever, nor does everyone feel women athletes are superior to male athletes Sheesh get a hobby. lmao

Old 07-07-2019, 12:57 AM

4,899 posts, read 2,052,348 times
Well, ***** her and her American hating @zz. I hope that true Americans will boycott her and any of the products she will be endorsing in the future... The only thing people like her understand is a hard hit to their wallets.

I'm getting so sick of the Far-Left and all their stupid stunts.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:25 AM

299 posts, read 255,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Apparently you are a fair weather fan who knows nothing about elite level female athletes based on your previous post regarding an “average “ boys high school team being capable of beating them

Should women’s tennis players take a pay cut too? They get equal prize shares to men at the majors though overall there remains a discrepancy
I agree with everything you said except that women deserve equal pay. I think the pay should be proportionate to the revenue each team generates. Considering the women have a chance to win their second World Cup in a row and the men didn't make the last World Cup there is a chance the women could be generating more revenue soon.

Old 07-07-2019, 05:59 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Well, ***** her and her American hating @zz. I hope that true Americans will boycott her and any of the products she will be endorsing in the future... The only thing people like her understand is a hard hit to their wallets.

I'm getting so sick of the Far-Left and all their stupid stunts.
None of these athletes should make their sport POLITICIZED. In this instance she bashed the very country and President she represents to get her 15 minutes of "Woke" fame so she can get a Nike contract, or a contract from another Virtue Signaling SJW corporation. It is all about greed, fame, and money with these hypocrites. The low information types defend them.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:18 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
YOURE the one who has the knickers in the biggest knot! How many posts do you have in this thread??
If those awful men who are saying this only because they can't get an ugly hateful feminist to be with them, are SO awful, why do they bother you so much????

Is it because they are correct and you're trying to convince yourself they are not?
Not everyone worships women's soccer and thinks its the greatest sport ever, nor does everyone feel women athletes are superior to male athletes Sheesh get a hobby. lmao
I don’t know, how many times have I posted? Looks like you’re the one who needs a hobby.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:27 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post

I know more than you think.

The best women hockey players get beat by average MINNESOTA high school hockey teams. That's a dead straight FACT.

I'm okay with women's tennis players getting equal pay, but it ends there.

Do you truly believe that WNBA players deserve to be paid $30 MILLION a year, like NBA stars? Are you seriously saying this?

Old 07-07-2019, 08:50 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer68 View Post
I agree with everything you said except that women deserve equal pay. I think the pay should be proportionate to the revenue each team generates. Considering the women have a chance to win their second World Cup in a row and the men didn't make the last World Cup there is a chance the women could be generating more revenue soon.
Would you believe the men's team generates more revenue, the men's team that hasn't even won a world cup and didn't even qualify last time around. The women are playing in their 4th world cup in 20 years so its more than a chance that they generate more revenue.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:56 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:

The best women hockey players get beat by average MINNESOTA high school hockey teams. That's a dead straight FACT.

Do you truly believe that WNBA players deserve to be paid $30 MILLION a year, like NBA stars? Are you seriously saying this?
This is not about the WNBA or women's hockey, this is about the US soccer federation but women's tennis is an excellent example. Women's tennis is pretty close to equity in prize money.

Old 07-07-2019, 09:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:

And yet, the topic is soccer. Stay on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies