U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 08:46 AM

2,755 posts, read 4,904,115 times

Advertisements

As a vet of 6 years of service 66-72 I just don't see how others support trump.
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 AM

10,869 posts, read 10,561,265 times
Perhaps because those veteran's don't want to see the country they fought for and could have given their life for taken over by leftists.

But don't take my word for it. Why don't you ask the vets themselves. My father is big-time into his local American Legion post. Nearly every one of the members there will tell you a variation of the above if you asked them why they voted for Trump over Clinton.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:56 AM

23,064 posts, read 12,281,155 times
Perhaps because like the total population of voters, veterans are made up of all kinds of people with all kinds of different priorities.

For every vet that hates a leftist there is at least one vet who chose to fight to defend the rights of those leftists.

Old 06-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)

18,998 posts, read 12,192,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keninaz View Post
First of all Daddy bought him a "bye" during Vietnam for bone spurs so he could not serve. Yet he played many sports that were just as active as he would have been in the military. OK, I was well aware when I served that many with money did not serve as there were many ways to get out of it.
He says he did not support the war. Neither did I, but I was drafted and served my time plus some.
He does not like anyone that gets any kind of government check such as retirement from the service or a VA disability.
In fact just yesterday he is attempting to control benefits to low income people throughout the country.

Well- You have a choice between Trump and Biden. Biden got six deferments for asthma, all while playing intramural sports without difficulty and being an avid runner in college.

So how do you feel about Biden? How about Clinton? Did you support George Bush I for his military service?

Old 06-12-2019, 08:58 AM

34,243 posts, read 18,552,941 times
Quote:

Yawn, another I hate the orange guy thread....

Do I agree with everything he does, nope....but much...

What do you think about blementhal?

Who have you voted for in the past (Clinton)?

Signed, retired Army (21+ years) and 70% disabled vet....

Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 AM

990 posts, read 167,160 times
Vets vote the way the rest of us do. Itís split and the longer vets are out the military, the more their voting patterns resemble the general public.

This is why so many people donít like groups that have large number of members endorsing canidates, there is no way to reflect the wishes of all the members.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:04 AM

3,213 posts, read 2,081,175 times
By and large, Vets love their country. Love of country is not something most associate with the Left.

Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM

21,867 posts, read 21,707,666 times
Quote:
So no person who served in the military should vote for Trump because he didn't serve in the military, used deferments like so many others as you stated?
You think a person should vote for high office based on their emotions or based on the candidates platform and how they think a candidate will serve our country's best interests?

As far as Trump not liking anyone getting veterans benefits of disability can you provide links supporting that.
As well elaborate and provide support for your statement that he attempted to control benefits to low income people. What benefits, how is he controlling them?

Old 06-12-2019, 09:05 AM

507 posts, read 304,966 times
I will never understand why people will never understand what other people do...

Good luck, and thanks for your service, Rg

Old 06-12-2019, 09:08 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,187,224 times
The same reason a lot of black people vote for Democrats.

Trump may say and express derision for them, but they know he'll keep the money train rolling for different defense projects they support or depend on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or