Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 07:28 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
What about Biden makes you think he would report it to the FBI? Does he have a track record that you can use upon which to base your opinion? Has he been the paragon of ethics?
Not everyone is a lowlife like Trump. Only Trumpers think everyone is like Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,285,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
What about Biden makes you think he would report it to the FBI? Does he have a track record over the last 40 years that would indicate he is the paragon of ethics?
Reporting foreign government influence doesn’t require someone be a paragon of ethics.

Biden has a history of being a decent human being who cares about this country and abides by its rules. That’s enough.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:32 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
A president that would take information from a foreign power to the detriment of the electoral integrity of this country is selling out the nation for personal gain.
The electoral integrity LMAO like there is no crying in baseball there is no integrity in democracy.

Trump and others after him are going to be using the same play book

Opposition reserach finds un flattering dirt or a crime.
Then it is leaked, and that can happened many ways through congress or the press or FBI or other.

It is not about Trump it is what U S democracy looks like.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:36 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,670,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The electoral integrity LMAO like there is no crying in baseball there is no integrity in democracy.

Then it is leaked, and that can happened many ways through congress or the press or FBI or other.

Thanks for summing up a Trump supporters true feelings on our Democracy. Although, I’ll say this, with Trump at the helm our democracy definitely doesn’t have integrity. Only one way to fix that.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 06-12-2019 at 08:01 PM..

Old 06-12-2019, 07:38 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:

The democrats have become like a comedy play !!!

One that keeps writing itself, act after act !!!

I was wondering when they were going to bring in a barrel of monkeys to a congressional hearing. Then I look at Nadler and Schiff and their ilk and realized they already did and they're the ones asking the questions.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This has always seemed completely ridiculous to me. Foreign entities sometimes have information. It is not a criminal act to listen to what they have to say. If a source deep within the Russian government came out tomorrow with absolute proof that Donald J Trump was a Russian agent, would the Democrats "do the right thing" and completely disregard that information, "because getting information from foreign sources is treason"?

Let's say you got information you know came from China's Ministry of State Security (their version of the KGB more or less). They've just provided you with absolute undeniable proof that the man your sister married last week is a serial rapist and murder, that she's his 30th wife and the 29 that came before her are all dead and disappeared without a trace. So do you "do the right thing", completely disregard this information and never tell your sister? Would you be committing treason if you told her about it?

The whole Russian Collusion conspiracy theory has addled peoples' brains. It's apparently now treason to interact with anyone or anything Russian for any reason. My boss is an ex-pat Russian. Am I a traitor?
You go through proper channels. And you tell the proper authorities. You don't take it upon yourself to get secret information EVEN if you think it'll help you against an opponent.

Your example is ludicrous...akin to dealing with a kidnapper and agreeing with him that you won't tell the cops. Except a lot worse because your reason for not telling is that it suits your own interests, not because you want to protect a loved one. As if Trump would even do THAT!

Old 06-12-2019, 07:41 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,372 times
Quote:

Perhaps, rather than soft-peddling the word "other" just come out and say foreign government (or in Trump's case foreign adversary) or does that hit too close to home?

Old 06-12-2019, 07:48 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Reporting this sort of very important information to the FBI is not equal to completely disregarding the information.

Why do you guys not understand this?
Okay so Trump saying that he'd listen to a foreign source is not a problem, correct?

Failing to report to the FBI thereafter is treason? I'm not sure about that. Where is that specifically defined as being a criminal act? If I'm Donald Trump, I'd have very little faith in the FBI after having his campaign spied on by them. But hey, if you're right and there is some law saying "if anyone from any foreign country talks to you, you must immediately report it to the FBI" then sure. But correct me if I'm wrong, I don't believe Trump ever said he wouldn't tell the FBI.

Honestly, why can't I just dislike Trump for being himself? Why are the haters mentally deranged crazy people who blindly dive down any conspiracy theory that comes along? They believe ridiculous things for no clear reason and without evidence. And I'm stuck defending Donald Trump -- I guy I don't actually like -- because the Democrats have lost their damn minds and are completely delusional.

To complete my thought, if I told my sister that her new husband was likely going to brutally kill her and disappear her because the Chinese Ministry of State Security gave me absolute proof of it, I would not be committing treason. I would not be committing any crime at all. I'd just be protecting my sister from certain death. Additionally, if I failed to report this information windfall to the FBI, I would not be committing a crime there either. Pretending something is a crime does not make it so.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:55 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Perhaps, rather than soft-peddling the word "other" just come out and say foreign government (or in Trump's case foreign adversary) or does that hit too close to home?
Does not hit close to home at all I have already stated we will be seeing the same foreign opposition research in the future and the same play book get it leaked and report it to FBI etc.

Old 06-12-2019, 07:58 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
Being a passive recipient is a damned sight different than actively seeking out and paying foreign agents to find dirt and even make it up like Hillary and the DNC did.

Someone thought Trump might have said this to trap the media so they could be exposed later when the full extent of Hillary and the DNC's conspiring with UK, Ukrainian, Russian, Australian and Italian agents is revealed by the DoJ.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-12-2019 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies