Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 09:47 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Hell, Trump is already showing signs of cracking under the stress.
That man has ever only known stress. You wouldn't know the kind of stress of being ostracized by your own peers yet not being able to be like regular ordinary folk, but it made him president. You people on the left severely underestimate Trump. He's just on the opposite spectrum of what most of you feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 09:50 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
This isn't rocket science -- lol.

Of course 'some' struggle more than others.

What's disturbing is the language he used. By suggesting some aren't strong -- it implies those people are weak.

That's not exactly what a vet with PTSD needs to hear from his Commander in Chief.

Trump has a duty as a President to use his words carefully.
This is all true.

Seeing Trump speak in older videos, it seems he used to choose his words more carefully. Not so much anymore. I do not suffer from TDS, but I do believe he has gotten more narcissistic as he aged.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:51 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
That man has ever only known stress. You wouldn't know the kind of stress of being ostracized by your own peers yet not being able to be like regular ordinary folk, but it made him president. You people on the left severely underestimate Trump. He's just on the opposite spectrum of what most of you feel.
We all do, but most of us learn to socialize and grow out of it in grade school. Some momma's boys just never grow up.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
We all do, but most of us learn to socialize and grow out of it in grade school. Some momma's boys just never grow up.
When you're at the bottom socializing comes out of necessity to survive. For Trump, it's the other way around, the people in his class will only destroy him if he ever gave them the chance.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:59 AM

447 posts, read 208,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
Not surprising. He shows an utter lack of compassion toward our vets (isn't his base supposed to be all for caring for our vets?). In effect, Trump's old school ways are showing - namely a crude understanding of free will and mental health. If President Bonespurs hasn't been through it, he has no room to be talking about it. In short, it's sheer reptilian brainstem contempt for what he perceives as weakness and nothing more.

Uhhhh, his basebrain reptilian impulse's ways of sizing up a person's worth, perhaps?

His "knowing" that "normal, decent, self-respecting men with strong backbone" would have contempt for people who can't overcome mental trauma on their own?

Trump's idea of a soldier is some Duke Nukem look-alike who thinks M1A1 rifles are just popgun p**** sh**, throws it contemptuously to the ground, and grabs a "machine AT-4", an enhanced AT-4 that shoots 750 anti-tank rounds a minute just as a machine gun shoots 750 rounds a minute. Then, after a minute of boiling explosions, he does a Deadliest Warrior victory growl. The more cartoonishly macho the soldier, the better.

Someone really captured the old cartoon:

Old 06-13-2019, 10:10 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I have a theory about the explosion of PTSD in our soldiers.

1) Our damn wars never end.
2) Our military relies on a far smaller group of people and asks a lot from them.
3)Our guys can be across the world fighting for their lives one day and 3 days later can be home at a child’s birthday party expected to fit right in with peaceful society.

My Dad was a WWII vet and even though I believe he saw some terrible things he never showed any signs of it for a couple of reasons

1) He knew he was in a war to win
2) He was always with thousands of soldiers and knew he had the full support of the country
3)When his time was up it took him 9 months to get home on ships. All the time he was playing cards, doing PT, doing chores with guys who went through what he went through. They had the opportunity to talk about it.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

2) Our military relies on a far smaller group of people and asks a lot from them.
3)Our guys can be across the world fighting for their lives one day and 3 days later can be home at a child’s birthday party expected to fit right in with peaceful society.

My Dad was a WWII vet and even though I believe he saw some terrible things he never showed any signs of it for a couple of reasons

2) He was always with thousands of soldiers and knew he had the full support of the country
3)When his time was up it took him 9 months to get home on ships. All the time he was playing cards, doing PT, doing chores with guys who went through what he went through. They had the opportunity to talk about it.
Society tolerated drinking a lot more then too, people drove home drunk like it was normal.

Old 06-13-2019, 10:17 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
I wonder if this was another spur of the moment quote from Mr. Bonehead!

Old 06-13-2019, 10:19 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

PTSD existed after WWII, it was called "Shell Shock" back then.

Quote:
PTSD—known to previous generations as shell shock, soldier’s heart, combat fatigue or war neurosis—has roots stretching back centuries and was widely known during ancient times.
https://www.history.com/topics/inven...nd-shell-shock

Old 06-13-2019, 10:20 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is Trump's opinion. What do you think?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-vet...172839989.html

It never occurs to him that there are things he does not grasp.....

How ignorant of the facts.
How demeaning to those with PTSD.

I wish we could send him over to fight Isis and see how he returns...??? A d@mn baby who'd likely never recover.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies