Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a candidate notify the FBI when their campaign hires a foreign operative?
Yes 17 68.00%
No 2 8.00%
Only if they are Democrats 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 05:09 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times

Advertisements

Solicitous? Lawl. It’s “solicits”, a verb.

Steele wasn’t a “foreign operative”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 05:10 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Should a presidential candidate notify the FBI when her (oops, their) campaign hires a foreign operative and pays said foreign agent for "dirt" on an opponent?
It's clear you are all confused.

Steele is a foreign citizen but not a foreign operative.

He was originally hired I think by the Republicans right....they passed and they he approached the Dems.

He wasn't acting on behalf of his country.

It's a small -- but significant difference.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:38 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Is it though? I would hope that paying a foreign operative to influence a presidential election was-but I'm honestly not sure. Lets face it, we interfere with foreign elections all the time.
I'm not sure its illegal either but I know giving an opinion on it in a hypothetical situation isn't a crime.

Wasn't the subject a foreign influence in our elections ? You seem to be adding the opposite element to the subject.
That's fine thought !!!
I don't see any reason to tie our hands behind our back when we can't stop other nations from trying to influencing our elections !!! I personally wouldn't do it. As a rule if its discovered the resentment isn't worth the effort and could lead to other unwanted conflict.

Old 06-13-2019, 05:58 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
So you're saying you don't care that Hillary did what Trump has said he'd consider doing? Got it. Not a surprise.
I've said time and time again that if anyone does anything criminal and it can be proven, they need to go to jail. Anyone. What most of the right wingers are saying is "But, Hillary..." That's your go to line on anything and everything and,, frankly, it's a bit tired for a defense of your boy Trump. I learned as a kid that even if cousin Billy has done something wrong, that it did not mean I would be able to do it too. Even if Clinton did it, it does not give Trump free reign. That's what you folks either can't grasp or don't care to think about. Your boy admitted he'd so something illegal. Deal with it

Old 06-13-2019, 06:24 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm sorry. I did not see "This is a sad little transparent deflection from Trump's asinine interview yesterday" as a poll answer, so I didn't vote
I vote for your choice. Count 2 for sad little transparent deflection from Trump's asinine interview yesterday.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Don’t know -Hillary got a 150 million dollar donation from Russia for Clinton foundation -do you think they might have given her some help in her campaign?

Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Don’t know -Hillary got a 150 million dollar donation from Russia do you think they might have given her some help in her campaign?
Prove that statement.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:45 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,521,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Prove that statement.
And then call the FBI!

Old 06-14-2019, 04:19 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Don’t know -Hillary got a 150 million dollar donation from Russia for Clinton foundation -do you think they might have given her some help in her campaign?
Why do you end your statement with a question mark? ... because you want to plant a baseless thought you can not support in the public mind.

What you mean to say is: The Clinton Foundation, a charity, received a donation (how much? ... show us a link). Neither Hillary Clinton nor her campaign received any such money. Any donations went to the hungry and the sick around the world. Here is a link to the Clinton Foundation, still going strong, not shut down for improprieties like some other big name but phony baloney charity.

Neither did she receive unsolicited 'dirt' on her opponents, nor social media propaganda, nor email hacking of her opponents by them (all of which would have been campaign finance violations).

What year was this donation, in who's name? Tell us. I call BS on your unjustified suggestion.

Your post fails, because it is based upon BS and innuendo.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:32 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Should a presidential candidate notify the FBI when her (oops, their) campaign hires a foreign operative and pays said foreign agent for "dirt" on an opponent?
How do you KNOW the person giving the "operational research" material IS a a FOREIGN OPERATIVE?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies