Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 01:31 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What Are Pro-Life People Going to Do with These Unwanted Children after Birth?
Great question. If only someone could invent something that would prevent a woman from getting pregnant in the first place....

Old 06-14-2019, 01:32 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Great question. If only someone could invent something that would prevent a woman from getting pregnant in the first place....
Reversible sterilization is about the only solution

Old 06-14-2019, 01:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
If the person is already dead, why is it necessary to take an action like removing life support? If their life is being supported, then aren't they still alive? Are you saying there is no moral significance to stopping that person from breathing?

You'll note that I did not use the term "murder" in reference to this particular context. We used the term "killing," so I asked for which verb would be more appropriate, given your position. What verb would be more appropriate if I smother or stab a brain dead person, if not "kill?"
Because the body is being oxygenated by a machine, generally to keep organs viable longer so that they can be used for transplants.

The proper term would probably be desecration of a body if you stabbed a dead body.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:44 PM

2,448 posts, read 892,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I'm guessing you supported keeping Terry Schaivo's feeding tube in....
Actually, I did not.

That's irrelevant to the discussion and to the questions being studiously avoided by a couple of you, though.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Because the body is being oxygenated by a machine, generally to keep organs viable longer so that they can be used for transplants.

The proper term would probably be desecration of a body if you stabbed a dead body.
Right, and in being oxygenated that person is, wait for it, being kept alive.That might be why they call it a "life support system," and, by extension, when we remove it, we, wait for it, kill that person. Now, that may be an entirely justified killing, but to pretend that the person isn't alive when they are on a life support system is an absurd mental contortion.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I hear Sandra Fluke is working on that, though.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Right, and in being oxygenated that person is, wait for it, being kept alive.That might be why they call it a "life support system," and, by extension, when we remove it, we, wait for it, kill that person. Now, that may be an entirely justified killing, but to pretend that the person isn't alive when they are on a life support system is an absurd mental contortion.
No it is being kept oxygenated. Once a person is brain dead they are dead, there is no coming back.

Maybe you don't fully understand what braid death is despite me posting a link from a medical site.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No it is being kept oxygenated. Once a person is brain dead they are dead, there is no coming back.

Maybe you don't fully understand what braid death is despite me posting a link from a medical site.
I understand it quite well. Why are they oxygenating the person? To keep them dead or to keep them alive? Very simple question.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:01 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
For those of you who are totally against abortion, what are you going to do when women have babies they don't want and can't afford? Are you going to take them in? Pay for them? Comforting these babies when they wake up crying four times each night? Pro-life means respecting life from cradle to grave, after all. What's the plan after they are born? After these bans are enacted, there are consequences. This is real life. It's messy. It's not ideal. The problem won't magically solve itself just because Louisiana bans abortion. Once they are born, our taxes will go up, because the children will need CHIP, SNAP, and Food Stamps. Are you willing to pay more taxes?
There's a waiting list a mile long of people wanting to adopt.

I'm so tired of the same memes being rehashed about abortions, which I'm not against BTW as long as it is "safe and rare" - Bill Clinton. I'm not for on demand at any time of the pregnancy.

This is just as bad as morons claiming ACA has made the cost of healthcare come down because now we don't have to pay for ER visits. 100M more ER visits.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:03 PM

7,061 posts, read 4,510,340 times
Orig, a long waiting list for white babies only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies