U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 11:49 AM

10,575 posts, read 10,855,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
The first step is the people involved should take the necessary precautions to avoid pregnancy.
Too bad the right doesn't support comprehensive sex Ed and easier availability of birth control and the morning after pill

Old 06-13-2019, 11:50 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,435,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It is a real person not because I said so or that you dispute it, because it simply is... It doesn't matter if there are laws that says it isn't... Because being a person isn't defined by you or the law... You just choose to make it law so you can go on defending your premise of legitimately killing a person... I am not projecting any feelings, it's capacity doesn't make it any less of a person... Capacity is not a requirement to be a person, it never has been... I think there are great majority of fetuses that have been killed that would rather not... Ironically, some of these fetuses grow up and wish to legitimize killing other fetuses.....
It is not a real person because I said so or that you dispute it, but because it simply isn't.

Checkmate.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:51 AM

36,947 posts, read 16,388,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
People that are against abortion should really mind their own business and let a private issue such as this be discussed between a woman and her doctor.
You mean they shouldn't even voice their opinion on this issue? Last I looked we have freedom of speech in this country.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:53 AM

12,698 posts, read 10,514,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Thank you for proving my point: that those of us who had nothing to do with unwanted children being created are being blamed for not cleaning up the mess made by others. News flash: I haven't caused anyone to have sex. I haven't prevented anyone from using protection. And I certainly have done nothing to make adoption more difficult. So how is it my fault that all these unwanted children are being born? And why am I expected to be the one to pay for it?
The premise of this thread is if abortions are illegal. If pro-lifers would mind their own business and not want to ban abortion because of their own personal views on it, women wouldn't need to get to the point of being forced to give birth, and the question of "how will poor women pay for unwanted babies?" wouldn't even be a question.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 AM

307 posts, read 114,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Except for to make it possible? That's a pretty damned big "except".....and it makes you partially responsible $$$$$.

If you want to force birth you can't expect to walk away scot-free......and in the real world you won't.
No one is forcing anything.

You shouldn't be legally allowed to kill people. Just because I don't want someone murdered, doesn't mean that I now am financially obligated to support them. This pro-abortion argument that keeps being trotted out is just not logical.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:54 AM

36,947 posts, read 16,388,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The pro life crowd could care less about these children after they are born. They are then someone else's concern.
Yes, they should be the concern of the parent's who conceived them and gave birth to them. My own children are my own concern but that doesn't mean I shouldn't be entitled to my opinions on abortion or as a taxpayer should have to support someone else's kids.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:55 AM

17,795 posts, read 19,813,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
The premise of this thread is if abortions are illegal. If pro-lifers would mind their own business and not want to ban abortion because of their own personal views on it, women wouldn't need to get to the point of being forced to give birth, and the question of "how will poor women pay for unwanted babies?" wouldn't even be a question.
If people just look the other way when the Nazis killed the Jews... Genocide in Africa and the Middle East... Or maybe the police would not answer anymore attempted murders then it will be okay with everyone's conscience.... Huh?

Old 06-13-2019, 11:55 AM

7,878 posts, read 2,290,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
For those of you who are totally against abortion, what are you going to do when women have babies they don't want and can't afford? Are you going to take them in? Pay for them? Comforting these babies when they wake up crying four times each night? Pro-life means respecting life from cradle to grave, after all. What's the plan after they are born? After these bans are enacted, there are consequences. This is real life. It's messy. It's not ideal. The problem won't magically solve itself just because Louisiana bans abortion. Once they are born, our taxes will go up, because the children will need CHIP, SNAP, and Food Stamps. Are you willing to pay more taxes?
well I guess we can kill them to make more room for illegal Guatemalan infants as the Democrats plan calls for.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM

6,635 posts, read 4,600,830 times
Quote:
I have never seen a woman denigrated to single choice about killing a person or not... And then debasing behind a "choice" paradigm where none really exists... If you are going to call what it is, then killing a person is what it is... You want a guilt-free card with semantics about choice... But really you don't want any other choices...
Wrong. Pro choice is about supporting whatever choice a woman makes.

If a woman decides to carry to term and parent the child, I support that.

If a woman decides to carry to term and put the child up for adoption, I support that.

If a woman decides to terminate the pregnancy, I support that.

Supporting choice means supporting ALL the possible choices not just some of them.

Old 06-13-2019, 11:57 AM

15,164 posts, read 13,435,623 times
Quote:
Who walks free? How do you think adoptions and foster care are made? Magic fairy dust? Who do you think ends up paying for it all? If you already, who is the person that really has a problem with paying for it? As if adoption centers funding is really a "choice"...
Hey, it's the pro-lifers who are always crying about people paying for their own kids even when they do not have the capacity to do so. "Not my kid, not my problem." - Pro-life Motto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies