Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 09:56 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Our chiropractor used to be in a building with a women's clinic. Every time I went to get an adjustment, I'd have to pass that gauntlet of pinch faced protesters urging me not "Kill your baby."

One day, I printed up a paper about how I would carry this baby to term if they would agree to provide $900/month in child support for the next 18 year.

I could never get a single person to sign it.

Some suggested adoption. I said there are over 100,000 children already waiting to be adopted.

Some suggested I get on welfare. I said that wasn't an option as I don't think it is right to take money from the government when I was capable of working. It's just that I couldn't earn enough to pay for me and a kid, I was $900/month short of being able to pay for childcare, a place with an extra bedroom, car seats, extra food, clothes, etc.

I asked what they did to earn money that they could stand outside the building day after day. Was this a paid gig?

They said no and that how they earned their money was their business.

Seemed that quite a few of them were on Disability. Strange that they could stand around shrieking at people but were too disabled to work.

Assuming that you didn’t get pregnant, God forbids, by rape and the unborn baby wasn’t diagnosed with a serious health or mental issues etc.

Why do you want YOUR baby’s care to be taken over by someone else?
Why should someone pay $900 a month when for a 3 minute pleasure you opened your legs to someone who you either can’t get hold of now, or he is not willing to share half of that $900 with you?

Shouldn’t both of you be splitting the expense of $900 monhly?

Old 06-16-2019, 10:07 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
A woman living in a rural area better have a car for access to all kinds of care. Some rural counties are so sparsely populated that they can't have a government run county health department or clinic.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:11 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Assuming that you didn’t get pregnant, God forbids, by rape and the unborn baby wasn’t diagnosed with a serious health or mental issues etc.

Why do you want YOUR baby’s care to be taken over by someone else?
Why should someone pay $900 a month when for a 3 minute pleasure you opened your legs to someone who you either can’t get hold of now, or he is not willing to share half of that $900 with you?

Shouldn’t both of you be splitting the expense of $900 monhly?
Why do you make this distinction? If a fetus is a person equal to a born, living person, why draw a distinction for women who were raped or if the fetus has medical issues, either in this category or when referring to abortion? Because the underlined becomes very telling when you make certain distinctions. It looks more like it's about punishing women for having sex than anything else.

If it is really about the fetus, an alleged person equal to living, born people, then there should be no distinctions made, no exceptions at all.

Old 06-16-2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
For those of you who are totally against abortion, what are you going to do when women have babies they don't want and can't afford? Are you going to take them in? Pay for them? Comforting these babies when they wake up crying four times each night? Pro-life means respecting life from cradle to grave, after all. What's the plan after they are born? After these bans are enacted, there are consequences. This is real life. It's messy. It's not ideal. The problem won't magically solve itself just because Louisiana bans abortion. Once they are born, our taxes will go up, because the children will need CHIP, SNAP, and Food Stamps. Are you willing to pay more taxes?
Huge, huge, HUGE social problem.
And there is NO easy solution to it. I agree.
Both camps have some good arguments.

The biggest hit is taken by these kids who are left for adoption or taken by foster homes or raised up by careless single mothers, fathers or careless couples etc. I think, MANY, MANY, MANY of such kids face sexual, physical, behavioral and mental abuse through their childhoods.
This is such a SAD reality, and what a tragedy it is for a freaking FIRST WORLD country?

IMO, many of these kids have developed some sort of physciatric and physiological disorder by the time they grow up - many are taken in by crime and many find themselves to be a misfit in the main social stream.
Who is responsible for this tragic situation in our society?
IMO, it’s all those couples who were not serious for what was to come, and now there were not willing to take the responsibility of the baby.

With a few exceptions, hardly anyone of such unwanted kids achieves academic excellence and hardly anyone becomes a positive contributor to the society - (YES, there are some few exceptions so don’t even bother to counter argue).

And on the other hand, resources to support such kids are drying fast and quick - and more n more burden is being put on the tax payer.

IMO,
If a female gets pregnant, God for bids, by rape, or the unborn baby is diagnosed with a serious health issue or the child birth poses a serious threat to the mother’s life/heath, and perhaps with a couple of other situations - then, abortion should be an easily available option to all. Otherwise, involved couples MUST be held responsible, in general.

If it was a case of casual sex and now they want abortion?
Well, good enough.

Together with a few other options and conditions to treat each case independently, the father should be found, if alive, and the mother, BOTH should be castrated and spayed or whatever that makes them not to have anymore babies. This should be one of the options that the judge could use, (and he should use it quite often, IMO)

If this is implemented, I think, within a year we may see some significant changes in the social behavior among such couples.

Last edited by GoCardinals; 06-16-2019 at 11:07 PM..

Old 06-16-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Why do you make this distinction? If a fetus is a person equal to a born, living person, why draw a distinction for women who were raped or if the fetus has medical issues, either in this category or when referring to abortion? Because the underlined becomes very telling when you make certain distinctions. It looks more like it's about punishing women for having sex than anything else.

If it is really about the fetus, an alleged person equal to living, born people, then there should be no distinctions made, no exceptions at all.
Exceptions are always there - this is natural.
Please read by post above where I elaborated a little more in detail.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:15 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Nobody here wants a baby killed or murdered. That is infanticide. Look up the meaning of that word, if you need to. People who want abortion banned don't help their cause when they talk like that.
Many have pushed abortion past the time a fetus is viable outside the womb, some right up to and past going into labor and post birth - so yes some do push for a baby to be killed.

Laws in NY, VA and other places allow this type of abortions to occur. Look up what these laws allow and the clarification by the VA Governor who did these procedures. People who want to keep abortion as an option don't help their cause when they allow and don't condemn these type of procedures.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:23 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Except no method of birth control or combination of methods = 100% infallible.
So abstinence is less than 100% infallible?

Old 06-17-2019, 12:31 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
So abstinence is less than 100% infallible?
Be real, you'd hate it if everyone practiced abstinence unless they wanted a baby. You'd barely ever get any action.

Old 06-17-2019, 12:31 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Many have pushed abortion past the time a fetus is viable outside the womb, some right up to and past going into labor and post birth - so yes some do push for a baby to be killed.

Laws in NY, VA and other places allow this type of abortions to occur. Look up what these laws allow and the clarification by the VA Governor who did these procedures. People who want to keep abortion as an option don't help their cause when they allow and don't condemn these type of procedures.
Who are these "many" people?

Are you familiar with the word infanticide?

Are you aware that it is illegal?

Can you provide an actual case where an abortion was done "right up to and past going into labor"?

Third trimester abortions are only done for serious fetal abnormalities.

Please provide links to the exact wording of the laws in those states that permit "abortion past the time a fetus is viable outside the womb, some right up to and past going into labor and post birth." Be sure and include the "other places."

Old 06-17-2019, 12:40 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
I'd rather my taxes pay to help raise a child than to pay for people that committed heinous crimes to sit in prison for life. Give the murderers, child rapists tha death penalty and free up some of that money. No need to have to support someone spending 40 yes in prion on a life sentence, or letting them sit on death row. Get the 2 appeals done in a yr, and then put them down.
Stop supporting illegal aliens and sending billions to corrupt foreign govts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies