Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Get Trump then go after Pelosi. If we must have govt, I want it eating itself

Old 06-14-2019, 09:34 AM

2,000 posts, read 760,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’m a Pelosi fan, and I was on team She Knows What She’s Doing...Let Her Be...

But, this is ridiculous. Yesterday’s admission by Trump should seal the deal, as far as I’m concerned. Yet, Nancy is still with the “Impeachment is not off the table” line.

It’s time for action, rule of law—not politics.
Dude, as long as unemployment hovers around 4%, my 401k continues to hover around 14% return ytd, and the markets remain strong, do you know what will happen if the dems start impeachment proceedings and all that starts changing for the worse. You don’t have to be very smart to figure out who most Americans will blame. Political suicide.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM

13,943 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Get Trump then go after Pelosi. If we must have govt, I want it eating itself
The best outcome for sure, and exactly why Pelosi won't move forward.

In examining the Trump case relative to Clinton, the optics of the Trump issue are more political than criminal given the astounding lack of concrete proof yet an hysterical increase in demand for justice, while Clinton's optics BECAME political once some evidence became irrefutable. And in the Clinton case where more proof of bad things existed, impeachment backfired miserably on the impeachers. Clinton's approval rating went up 17 points the day after the articles were formally passed, and he wasn't removed from office, and the entire GOP looked like vindictive wastrels.

Now, we have less evidence of anything criminal, more evidence of naked political motivation, and even though there is rising clamor for "doing something, anything" to be rid of Trump, Pelosi knows she sets a new and even more dangerous precedent that will come back to haunt them big time, especially knowing full well that the Senate will not remove him from office. Given the two years of bleating and babbling that resulted in the nothing_burger of the Mueller Report, impeachment now will look all the world like "screw it, we don't need evidence, we just hate the guy" nd the Senate will rebuke them like children with the no vote on removal.

There is simply no upside for the party nor the country. Guarantee Pelosi gets that. I think she knows full well that ratcheting the "devour your political opponents with procedure" game up means a lot of government eating itself, and she's just as edible as any of the others.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
Impeached for what? Dems can't Impeach because they have no case.
And if the Vote in the House were to fail miserably, Trump would then be able to exclaim he was 100% exonerated.

Can't have that by the lying cheat'n Dems like lowlife Maxine, Shiff and Nadar.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:56 AM

39,860 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Anyone else annoyed Pelosi isn’t moving toward impeachment?

I am. **** or get off the pot Dems. You've been flapping your lips about impeachment every since Hillary lost the election. If your clown-car leadership doesn't come up with one collapsing story about Trump, they dream up something else. They have already lost any semblance of credibility with 2 years of screeching about "Russian Collusion"-only to see it turn into a cloud of smoke. Now it's "obstruction" over something that never happened in the first place. The Democraps are just making themselves look like fools in the eyes of the American public.

So yes, pound that final nail in the coffin and go for it. Finish this joke of a party once and for all. Either impeach him, or shut the **** up and go to work.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:58 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I’m a Pelosi fan, and I was on team She Knows What She’s Doing...Let Her Be...

But, this is ridiculous. Yesterday’s admission by Trump should seal the deal, as far as I’m concerned. Yet, Nancy is still with the “Impeachment is not off the table” line.

It’s time for action, rule of law—not politics.
I believe Trump and his base want nothing more than the Dems to impeach so they can watch it blow up in their faces like everything else has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Anyone else annoyed Pelosi isn’t moving toward impeachment?

I am. **** or get off the pot Dems. You've been flapping your lips about impeachment every since Hillary lost the election.

They have been talking about impeachment since June 2016, 5 months before he won.

3 years this month.

This is why the country is sick of it. Go ahead, impeach, just do it and shut the hell up.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:59 AM

8,479 posts, read 6,878,349 times
Pelosi thinks things through several possible scenarios. The bottom line is impeachment would never make it through the Senate. You then have created a situation where Trump’s base is further energized because they feel the President is just being harassed. Better to use Democrat resources to win the next election.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:00 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
There is no way that Comrade Trump will be re-elected. No matter who the dems run they will be elected. Once Comrade Trump is out of office he will be indicted, convicted, and spend the remainder of his demented days in prison.

The majority of women are now anti-Trump and no one can win an election without them. I guess they don't like a man who admits to controlling women by grabbing by the *****.

Demented Don has also lost a good portion of the christian vote. How could any real Bible believing christian vote for a many who committed more sins that the Bible lists? Trump is a ***** monger who cheated on his wives. Trump lusts after his own daughter. Trump has a filthy mouth and I don't think anyone wants their children listening to a speech from a president who sounds like a Friday night drunk on a binge.

Veterans and government employees are turning their backs on Comrade Trump. Trump continually takes the word of our adversaries over the US intelligence agencies. Trump defended the Saudi's after they assassinated Jamal Khashoggi. Trump took the word of Kim Jong Un on the Otto Warmbier barbaric mistreatment which led to his death. Let's not forget the government shutdown in which Trump said he was more than happy to do.

Who's left? Corporations that Comrade Trump made very rich. The billionaire swamp creatures he appointed. The trolls who are paid to infiltrate and push a deviate agenda or a sick character who belongs in jail instead of the White House. There may also be a few the still think that Comrade Trump is on their side, but their numbers dwindle everyday.

Regardless, Trump is out in 2020 and going to prison. That is, unless, those cheeseburgers and fried chicken don't get him first. We can only hope.

Old 06-14-2019, 10:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I believe Trump and his base want nothing more than the Dems to impeach so they can watch it blow up in their faces like everything else has.

They have been talking about impeachment since June 2016, 5 months before he won.

3 years this month.

This is why the country is sick of it. Go ahead, impeach, just do it and shut the hell up.
Yeah; I'm not buying that one bit. No president wants to be impeached. It's a stain that will follow them into the history books. None of them, even Trump, wants that. He can't even say the word (the "I word").

Old 06-14-2019, 10:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
There is no way that Comrade Trump will be re-elected. No matter who the dems run they will be elected. Once Comrade Trump is out of office he will be indicted, convicted, and spend the remainder of his demented days in prison.

The majority of women are now anti-Trump and no one can win an election without them. I guess they don't like a man who admits to controlling women by grabbing by the *****.

Demented Don has also lost a good portion of the christian vote. How could any real Bible believing christian vote for a many who committed more sins that the Bible lists? Trump is a ***** monger who cheated on his wives. Trump lusts after his own daughter. Trump has a filthy mouth and I don't think anyone wants their children listening to a speech from a president who sounds like a Friday night drunk on a binge.

Veterans and government employees are turning their backs on Comrade Trump. Trump continually takes the word of our adversaries over the US intelligence agencies. Trump defended the Saudi's after they assassinated Jamal Khashoggi. Trump took the word of Kim Jong Un on the Otto Warmbier barbaric mistreatment which led to his death. Let's not forget the government shutdown in which Trump said he was more than happy to do.

Who's left? Corporations that Comrade Trump made very rich. The billionaire swamp creatures he appointed. The trolls who are paid to infiltrate and push a deviate agenda or a sick character who belongs in jail instead of the White House. There may also be a few the still think that Comrade Trump is on their side, but their numbers dwindle everyday.

Regardless, Trump is out in 2020 and going to prison. That is, unless, those cheeseburgers and fried chicken don't get him first. We can only hope.
This is a series of rather bold statements on your part. I suspect you probably won’t be around to witness the jeering laughter when you are proven wrong here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies