Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 01:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 634,244 times

Advertisements

tired of hearing this BS propaganda

anti-government corporate prostitutes keep belting out the same line

Suggesting that the government has a gun pointed at your head and you are a slave to tax tyranny!

"Pay your taxes or else" is some of the most ridiculous propaganda I've ever heard in my life

Here's a great way to crush the argument...

If there's 10 people on a island archipelago and you get together to build a shelter from the storms you have acted in concert to better your situation

when a storm comes along and destroys your shelter you have to work again in concert to rebuild it

Those of you that don't want to pay your taxes are simply freeloaders that don't want to do your fair share of the labor

you want to go have a coconut instead of helping the group rebuild the shelter as it is the duty of all able-bodied individuals on the island

Naturally some will have better resources than others

Some will have better tools and resources and thus will be more able to contribute to society

others may be hurt while fixing the shelter and they should be cared for untill they are recovered

Caring for The Young, the old and the sick is the duty of the strong and fit...

If someone able to contribute chooses not to contribute they should NOT be allowed to use the shelter

That's civilization 101

Nobody has a gun to your head

you have the freedom to move to another island and build your OWN shelter and survive SOLO without the support of your comrades

You see these freeloaders just want the benefits of the modern civil society but don't want to pay for it

Kind of like the cousin that shows up just before the Harvest on the farm LOL

The modern Civil Society has to get built over thousands of years of hard work dedication and sacrifice

They chose to forget all the sacrifice that was made by the governmemt employees like soldiers, police, fire, ems, construction workers and general population who have given their lives paid their taxes and done their fair share over humderds of years

Whenever privileged corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder pop off about a
"gun to your head"
They have givien away their true agenda...

Suck up to the corporations and they will pay you to spout your anti-government propaganda

The corporations want a "small" government they can buy off...

so no one can regulate them in the future as small government is weak government and thats how corporations take control of a democracy...

Propaganda 101

.... if you respond to this thread complaining that welfare recipients aren't doing their fair share
I agree with you as I oppose welfare of any kind

I believe we should have government work centers where anyone can show up and go to work for the government or Private Industry... you will not be turned away

No excuses you work and you get paid but I will not send you a check to stay home and have kids

This Thread is about whether or not the government is holding a gun to your head as corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder espouse.

It's not a gun,
It's not a proverbial gun,
it's not kind of sort of like a gun...

Its propaganda 101
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 01:26 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,533,896 times
There might not be a gun, but there most certainly is prison.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:27 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,793,838 times
Some people think "Lord of the Flies" is a good way to run a society/country.

As for the gun to head analogy, I'd like to know how the corporations (such as Amazon) removed the gun(s) to their heads, because they are paying zero taxes.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,247,001 times
Actually the likely outcome of non compliance is a seized bank account not a gun to the head.

But that is not very dramatic

Old 06-15-2019, 01:29 PM

46,838 posts, read 25,764,732 times
Oh, you're going to get it. Hope you donned your asbestos long-johns.

Be that as it may, Benjamin Franklin had a good quote:

Quote:
The Remissness of our People in Paying Taxes is highly blameable; the Unwillingness to pay them is still more so. I see, in some Resolutions of Town Meetings, a Remonstrance against giving Congress a Power to take, as they call it, the People's Money out of their Pockets, tho' only to pay the Interest and Principal of Debts duly contracted. They seem to mistake the Point. Money, justly due from the People, is their Creditors' Money, and no longer the Money of the People, who, if they withold it, should be compell'd to pay by some Law.

All Property, indeed, except the Savage's temporary Cabin, his Bow, his Matchcoat, and other little Acquisitions, absolutely necessary for his Subsistence, seems to me to be the Creature of public Convention. Hence the Public has the Right of Regulating Descents, and all other Conveyances of Property, and even of limiting the Quantity and the Uses of it. All the Property that is necessary to a Man, for the Conservation of the Individual and the Propagation of the Species, is his natural Right, which none can justly deprive him of: But all Property superfluous to such purposes is the Property of the Publick, who, by their Laws, have created it, and who may therefore by other Laws dispose of it, whenever the Welfare of the Publick shall demand such Disposition. He that does not like civil Society on these Terms, let him retire and live among Savages. He can have no right to the benefits of Society, who will not pay his Club towards the Support of it.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:33 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,712,841 times
this was so embarrassing I couldn't even finish reading.

Old 06-15-2019, 01:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,481,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post

anti-government corporate prostitutes keep belting out the same line

Suggesting that the government has a gun pointed at your head and you are a slave to tax tyranny!

"Pay your taxes or else" is some of the most ridiculous propaganda I've ever heard in my life

Here's a great way to crush the argument...

If there's 10 people on a island archipelago and you get together to build a shelter from the storms you have acted in concert to better your situation

when a storm comes along and destroys your shelter you have to work again in concert to rebuild it

Those of you that don't want to pay your taxes are simply freeloaders that don't want to do your fair share of the labor

you want to go have a coconut instead of helping the group rebuild the shelter as it is the duty of all able-bodied individuals on the island

Naturally some will have better resources than others

Some will have better tools and resources and thus will be more able to contribute to society

others may be hurt while fixing the shelter and they should be cared for untill they are recovered

Caring for The Young, the old and the sick is the duty of the strong and fit...

If someone able to contribute chooses not to contribute they should NOT be allowed to use the shelter

That's civilization 101

Nobody has a gun to your head

you have the freedom to move to another island and build your OWN shelter and survive SOLO without the support of your comrades

You see these freeloaders just want the benefits of the modern civil society but don't want to pay for it

Kind of like the cousin that shows up just before the Harvest on the farm LOL

The modern Civil Society has to get built over thousands of years of hard work dedication and sacrifice

They chose to forget all the sacrifice that was made by the governmemt employees like soldiers, police, fire, ems, construction workers and general population who have given their lives paid their taxes and done their fair share over humderds of years

Whenever privileged corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder pop off about a
"gun to your head"
They have givien away their true agenda...

Suck up to the corporations and they will pay you to spout your anti-government propaganda

The corporations want a "small" government they can buy off...

so no one can regulate them in the future as small government is weak government and thats how corporations take control of a democracy...

Propaganda 101

.... if you respond to this thread complaining that welfare recipients aren't doing their fair share
I agree with you as I oppose welfare of any kind

I believe we should have government work centers where anyone can show up and go to work for the government or Private Industry... you will not be turned away

No excuses you work and you get paid but I will not send you a check to stay home and have kids

This Thread is about whether or not the government is holding a gun to your head as corporate prostitutes like Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder espouse.

It's not a gun,
It's not a proverbial gun,
it's not kind of sort of like a gun...

Its propaganda 101
Stop paying your taxes and see what happens afterwards.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:05 PM

45,040 posts, read 26,201,042 times
Quote:
the truth should be liberating, not tiresome.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:07 PM

45,040 posts, read 26,201,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Oh, you're going to get it. Hope you donned your asbestos long-johns.

Be that as it may, Benjamin Franklin had a good quote:
If only Ben Franklin spoke for all of us.

I never consented to any constitution.

Old 06-15-2019, 02:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,247,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If only Ben Franklin spoke for all of us.

I never consented to any constitution.
The only way to withdraw or withhold consent is to leave. Other wise you are in.

To live here you have to consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies