Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:51 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Ah what’s next. Trump no longer allowed to be in command of the military or nominate judges because of “fears” he will cater to Outin. Don’t think this is going to work
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2019, 06:47 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
No time for snarky, halfwit comments. This is serious business.

When Trump openly passed classified intel from Israel on to Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office, you can bet intelligence services around the world were going, "What the hell?"

When Trump demanded to know sources before he'd believe Putin interfered in the elections and the next thing you know likely sources were hauled out of meetings with bags over their heads or found dead in the trunk of their car, you can bet sources all over the world were going, "What the hell?"

Old 06-15-2019, 07:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
They definitely should keep Trump out of the loop as per their mission statement (don't have to ask).

He's a bad micromanager and, besides, he loves Putin.

Meanwhile, Putin...who everyone thought was a genius for getting Trump elected, etc. - has done horribly as a result. His popularity is nose-diving along with the economy there and now he is finding out two (or more) can play his silly computer games. In fact, the West has vastly more computer ability then brain-drain Russia.

Add that to continuing sanctions, the jailing of the spies (NRA, etc.) and Trump is the worst thing ever to happen to Russians and Putin...but most of them are too ill informed to realize it.

They had the chance to become something "of the people", but instead became a country based on criminality and corruption. For the sakes of the few Russians left (before they turn the lights off), I hope the place can exit the Dark Ages and have an actual representative government.....and a business community that isn't focused on stealing all the wealth and shipping it overseas.

Old 06-15-2019, 08:04 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Wake me when we get people on the record or a serious story

Old 06-15-2019, 09:23 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Officials worry that if they brief Trump on the details of this cyber operation, he will countermand or pass the details on to Putin.
Fingers crossed that they aren't passing any info on to Kushner either.
Seems reasonable. I can envision two scenarios.

One would be that he tells Putin everything, because Putin owns him in some way that's not clear.

One would be that Trump just likes to brag and can't keep his mouth shut. I can just imagine it: "We have the best cybersecurity system now. It's great, very great. I can't tell you about it - I wish I could - maybe I should - but, no, you'll have to hear it later. But I have the best company, ABC Tech, and the best people, their new XYZ system. Terrific, really terrific. And I talked to them at their secret Annapolis headquarter, and it's safe, totally safe. You wouldn't believe how safe."

Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Officials worry that if they brief Trump on the details of this cyber operation, he will countermand or pass the details on to Putin.

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1139945314754990081

Fingers crossed that they aren't passing any info on to Kushner either.

Anybody attempting to hide information from a President needs to be removed from their position ASAP.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times
We’re afraid trump is going to leak details so we’ll just release the details ourselves. Fake news is out of control.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:39 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Tin foil hats are on sale at Costco this week. Special deals for the TDS sufferers. Better hurry -- they're going fast!

Old 06-15-2019, 09:41 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
They definitely should keep Trump out of the loop as per their mission statement (don't have to ask).

Any government official who has taken actions with the intent to hide information from a sitting President needs to be removed, period.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:50 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
For those that scoff at the New York Times and Washington Post:

No one cares about your opinion.

These two newspapers have a sterling reputation among those that matter: politicians and well-informed readers.

Even Donald Trump reads these papers. He may not like what they report, but even a hapless idiot like Trump recognizes that they hold more sway with those in power than tabloids.

I have been reading both papers since Nixon. They are more often right, than wrong. For decades they have been citing 'sources', usually correctly.

Hence, if those papers report that sensitive information is being kept from Trump, due to his propensity to tell foreign leaders secrets, I believe them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies