Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2019, 04:52 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by willc84 View Post
watch the right hype this up and use this to defend the cops.
The "right"? City of Phoenix is run by Democrats. Just like Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, Philly. Just not as corrupt, yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I feel like we are not training our police to de-escalate situations at all.

An officer screaming that he's going to shoot a pregnant woman in the face over a 99 cent doll and a 99 cent pair of underwear means something has gone terribly, terribly wrong, Not to mention forcing the woman to lay a screaming baby down on hot pavement.

I fear for the future of this country if many things don't change for the better.

Old 06-18-2019, 06:35 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

An officer screaming that he's going to shoot a pregnant woman in the face over a 99 cent doll and a 99 cent pair of underwear means something has gone terribly, terribly wrong, Not to mention forcing the woman to lay a screaming baby down on hot pavement.

I fear for the future of this country if many things don't change for the better.
I do agree with this as it would certainly limit these excessive lawsuits and payouts to folks who just want to make money but not earn it.

Old 06-18-2019, 07:49 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:

This, something is wrong when law enforcement thinks this reaction fits “the crime “

Old 06-18-2019, 07:57 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:

That and maybe we are picking the wrong people to be police?
Perhaps a question on the application should be:
Did you once catch a game winning touchdown and now tell the story more than 3 times a day? If its yes they shouldn't be cops.

I can tell you my town we have 2 cops. One on his way out. 5'6 and loves giving tickets for anything and everything. People skills of a badger.

The other was a home schooled girl who went on to serve in the army in Afghanistan. Firm but fair. Everyone respects her. She is an amazing cop for our town. LOL I call her officer friendly.

Ringo for once we agree on something.

Old 06-18-2019, 08:22 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Totally agree that was a bit excessive. However those parents must have known their kid carried a doll out of there that she did not have before.

If you don’t want trouble with the law don’t steal. It is very simple.

Yes. And they all ran out of the store. Grifters with outstanding warrants.

But, hey, at least some people are happy they "got a settlement."

Old 06-18-2019, 09:29 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times
Shoplifter had previous police encounter, was arrested before...

https://ktar.com/story/2619483/viral...n-with-police/

Old 06-18-2019, 09:41 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
This thread has some very fine people..

Old 06-18-2019, 09:46 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am all about complying with cops. Why? Because I don't want a sad ending to my story. I comply, even when they are rude. I dont want to give them any excuses.
That said. This situation was impossible le for the family. Forget about if they are a role model family or a family of scammers. You have armed cops screaming at you, pointing guns at you, swearing at you, they then lay hands on you without even explaining what the hell is going on. It's kind of hard to know up from down in that situation, let alone knowing what to comply with.

Those cops should be fired. Should be charged with the same crimes a civilian would be charged with if the civilian did the same thing.

Put the baby on the ground? Hot asphalt? Yeah right after you drop your pants and sit on it yourself.
Bunch D&^k wads.

Cops blame Obama and Holder for the loss of public trust. NO, they may have helped, but it's thugs like those cops who make even the most staunch supporter question themselves. Its a shame because most cops are not those idiots in the video.

I'll die on my feet, before I ever live on my knees as anyones property.
Always film the cops and it is almost as good as having a gun pointed at them.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:14 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,874,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Yes. And they all ran out of the store. Grifters with outstanding warrants.

But, hey, at least some people are happy they "got a settlement."
Yeah forget the fact that the cops charged them with weapons drawn. Forget the screaming, the cursing and the physical assaults by public servants. Forget that it is not the COPS job to be judge jury and executioner.

Why do you make excuses for horrendous behavior?

What the cops did has nothing to do with what kind of people you or I feel that family is. We as tax payers absolutely deserve better and absolutely should expect better.

That family may be trash, I don't know, but they are not paid to be an example. They are not paid public servants. They are not Law enforcement officers.

Your argument is an enabler and it is an argument that has empowered bad cops to be even worse. I dont care if that family is a bunch of low lives, our police are supposed to be better than a bunch of jack booted thugs. That video is a scene out of what I imagine East Germany was like under the Soviet Union. There is no acceptable excuse for the behavior of those cops.

Let me put it another way. Imagine you were passing by. You and a friend. Both armed and you hear the store owner yell "stop those people they are shop lifters."

You and your friend draw your weapons, run at that family screaming and cursing. Your buddy lays hands upon the father. Pushing hoim and kick his feet apart.

The actual police arrive on the scene and witness what you are doing. If you are honest you will admit it. You and your friend are going to be arrested, You will go to jail. You will be convicted. Those cops you are defending will pile on every charge that they can think of to make sure you are hammered by the system. That is what would happen to anyone except cops. They cover for each other. Worse still people make excuses for them and defend them. The same guys who would do everything they could to see a civilian go to prison for the exact same behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies