Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 07:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times

Advertisements

Almost every person participating in this thread is guilty of lumping gays together, or guilty of lumping Christians together, and even guilty of lumping conservatives/liberals all together.

I see zero acknowledgement from the so-called adults here of the differences between individuals. Nope - can’t have individuality clouding up the river of demographic-bashing. So much petty, ridiculous, dishonest, misguided, and outright idiotic blathering from the lot of you over silly exaggerated issues that you stupidly blame on anyone and everyone, without benefit of any proof.

I think I just had a wake up call. This place is packed full of angry, stupid people.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,187,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Why do Democrats love killing tiny babies?
Well, they don't. But that is rather off topic. Do you care to answer the question? Or do you not have an answer beside cuz we hates them?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Almost every person participating in this thread is guilty of lumping gays together, or guilty of lumping Christians together, and even guilty of lumping conservatives/liberals all together.

I see zero acknowledgement from the so-called adults here of the differences between individuals. Nope - can’t have individuality clouding up the river of demographic-bashing. So much petty, ridiculous, dishonest, misguided, and outright idiotic blathering from the lot of you over silly exaggerated issues that you stupidly blame on anyone and everyone, without benefit of any proof.

I think I just had a wake up call. This place is packed full of angry, stupid people.

Take a muscle relaxer then and leave.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Why is what goes on in a homosexual's bedroom so worthy of our interest that homosexuals demand their private sexual matters become the subject of a public act, i.e., a government issued marriage license?

You're not demanding to be left alone.

You're demanding approval.
I could be wrong here, but I think the issue is called "rights". They don't shive-a-git if you approve, they however care if you deny them their "rights".

You're overvaluing your "acceptance" of them.

JMHO.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They don't care what other people have in their pants or do in their bedrooms.

They do care when they are told that if they don't accept/tolerate/champion/ally said behavior that they are bigots.
I get that. But what I don't get is what does "accepting" and "tolerating" look like that is so onerous? What does having to wear the label "bigot" in your view wrongfully? We all wear labels that we feel are wrong; like ******, pedophile (simply for being gay), freak...

Quote:
They do care when kindergartners are taught that any boy can be a girl and any girl can be a boy.

It's what happens when all those people are demanding that others look in their pants and in their bedrooms and beg and demand approval.

Why are so many demanding approval for what they do in their own bedrooms?

I think the real question is: Why are so many groups looking for approval from Christians?
You know what is funny? They don't need or want your approval. Mostly because they have long since discounted your humanity. What they want is equality under the law.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Because you have to abandon your innate ability to reason when you follow some religious doctrines. Clearly some sexual behaviors don't make you a good person or a bad person. But then again some religions forbid eating certain foods, using certain tools or using tools on certain days, all because these behaviors will make you a "bad person." Some of what Christians believe in was politics translated into the Bible.
I agree a bazillion percent. But. All of the silly food restrictions are largely ignored. What Jesus actually says about sexuality is a teeny blip on the radar of his message. Yet it looms large in the minds of these so-called christians. And it makes not sense to me why that is.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
this is why....

What does having homosexuality shoved down your throat mean to you? What behavior of yours has to change in ways that a caring human acting in a way that Jesus would be not happy about?

Old 06-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
“Stay out of our bedrooms”
Parades in street

Old 06-17-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
It seems that you think enough about what they do to create a thread about it. Why is that?
Because it is an important sentiment in the land of public policy.

Old 06-17-2019, 07:33 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nedergras View Post
hits you with bible BECAUSE IT'S WRONG!
No, but here is what's wrong according to the Bible;

Taking the Lord's name in vain
Not observing the Sabbath day
Not honoring your parents
Bearing false witness
Coveting
- not one but two commandments devoted to that last one. Clearly something God is more worried about than sexual preference, which is barely mentioned.

So I'll be satisfied when all those coveters, with their coveting agenda, would quit shoving covetness down our throats and trying to indoctrinate our schoolchildren into thinking coveting is normal. Covet all you want in private, but don't expect me to condone your sick lifestyle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies